So it's Friday and I'm live in Miami, Florida aka Paradise. Miami is also known for the best high school football on earth. Being that I run one of Florida's favorite high school websites, Florida Gridiron Preps, I always check the Miami Herald to check out Manny, Andre and the one and only Larry Blustein.

So I open the Miami Herald on my trusty Z10... and bam, front page. I see this guy holding the new IPhone6. Being the BlackBerry loyalist that I am, I forgot the IPhone6 had released today... but I don't forget faces.... and this guy on the front page of the Miami Herald, was low and behold Kevin Michaluk..... or are my eyes deceiving me.. You be the judge:

Hmmm... I think I've seen this guy before?!?!-img_20140919_110908.png

Now when I saw this, I chuckled, saying, hmmm.. I think I've seen this guy before. I didn't a see a name, no mention... just that swag and smirk and I knew it was Kevin Michaluk.

But I think I still felt some type of way (in a Rich Homie Quan voice).

I have been a Blackberry loyalist since having a RIM 850 (yes, before BlackBerry phones) from when you had to subscribe to Aether on a monthly plan to get RIM service. I still am a loyalist today.... I own the two BlackBerry "scrabble" phones now: the Z10 and the Q10. I also own a 9900 and a PlayBook 64GB.... and there are 6 BlackBerries in the household. I think I got a 8700 around somewhere,and I just traded my Storm2 for the Q. (Passport is mine once available.)

But, I sat back and being the inquisitive individual that I am, I said there is a method to the madness. Here is the guy who started the biggest and most trusted BlackBerry community, CrackBerry on the front page of a major newspaper, giddy about receiving the brand new offering by Apple. Is he really happy about being the first or known as the first to own the new iPhone 6 (arm extended hailing to the cult of the "iSheep"), or is he using this moment as a platform.

A platform to show the world that yes, BlackBerry is still here, still alive, still kicking, and yes, ahead of the rest.... We're first in line..

Is he going to work the magic of this moment to announce the arrival of the BlackBerry Passport, set to be announced officially this week?? This moment to announce the new hallmark companion of businessmen and businesswomen around the world.

Or will he use the fact that he got it first to break it down in a comparative manner to make aware to the masses that hype is just that hype... (Did I hear that IPhone6 is just getting NFC, in late 2014? Oh, but NFC is only for Apple Pay. Hmmm, hype!)

Beauty is in the eye if the beholder. and time will tell how this unravels. But it will do something, which is promote and be a plug for CrackBerry, where should one iFan that reads the article should "stumble" across our great CrackBerry website, they will fall into the hands of some of the most intelligent, giving, knowledgeable, respected individuals who can inform them of why BlackBerry is still synonymous with "Getting Things Done", security, and "I'm all about my business".

I want a tool, not a toy.... I'll pass on the iPhone 6 and wait for that beast named Passport to arrive.
    In the meanwhile, if you do happen to catch me camping out on the line (you won't), call me out the same way... but, do take a second or two to listen and you might learn something

There is a method to the madness.

Brilliant move Kevin. They say that pub is pub. Good or bad. This stunt will be more than the stack you paid before for the gold Iphone...

Let's just make sure we place the first person to get their hands on a Passport, after official release, gets front page presence on CrackBerry!! Hey,... even if it's Tim Cook himself.

Posted via CB10
    Tompire likes this.
    09-19-14 11:56 AM
    Take a look here and join the discussion: http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...se-day-959863/

Of interest is the device he's using in the first pic...
    pkcable and Uzi like this.
    09-19-14 11:59 AM