Yea... what you guys think... is it really more secure/safe/better than IOS/WINDOWS/ANDROID/OTHER

One of the reasons i'm coming back to BB is because the security/secure is very important to me
    (just look what happened to apple recently... leaked images wtf is up with that ?> )

Thoughts? would you trust this OS more than IOS etc ?
    09-18-14 10:04 PM
    I've never seen anything resembling malware or viruses, there's built-in options to encrypt just about everything. If your device is stolen and has a password, any sensitive data will be wiped from the device after 10 failed password attempts. I haven't used any other mobile platforms, just stating my experience.
    09-18-14 10:12 PM
    Security is a matter of perspective. If you use GMAIL, Yahoo, Facebook, Whatsapp on your phone, you already allow (through terms of service) for these companies to data-mine anything you pass through their servers as well as the contents of your phone (including your pictures).

Are you concerned only with end-point encryption? Are you worried your phone will be stolen? If so I think you're good with Blackberry but other than that don't expect any additional layers of security that iOS or Google cannot offer you. Although as I mentioned before, compared to a data-miner and a content-based ecosystem, Blackberry is the only company not trying to get you to buy stuff!

The true power of BB security comes from encrypted point--to-point data transfer services, which passes all your data through the Blackberry Enterprise (BES) server. Only then are you truly 100% secure!
    09-18-14 10:27 PM
    Remote Security wipe via BlackBerry Protect after your device is sized/stolen is a big plus

Z10 LE (red) #00167 OS10.2.2.1531 Q5 (red) OS10.2.2.1531
    09-18-14 10:37 PM
    Adding to A_Aviator_A's theme... the other thing that distinguished BB smartphone is the encrypted bootloader... so you will not see rooting a BB10 device happen.... You can many times watch which OS has he most security patches...With both Apple and Android... it is a pretty regular event... especially for Apple and their lockscreen debacle.... Cannot speak on Windows phones as I do not follow that device... but the last thing I remember seeing was for the hearbleed issue.... I use email services I have researched and know are not data mining me... On the computer I use duckduckgo as a search engine...
    09-18-14 10:45 PM
    The true power of BB security comes from encrypted point--to-point data transfer services, which passes all your data through the Blackberry Enterprise (BES) server. Only then are you truly 100% secure!
    +100
    And someone has to correct me on this one, but the 100% security assurance only works if the other users are also using BES.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 11:54 PM
    Nothing is 100% secure. Even if the other person has BES the link between the two. BESs may not be secure.

In order to assess security you have to know what needs protection and what it needs protection from.

I could say my home is secure. We made it through a recent wide spread theft event. But no one would suggest that the Mona Lisa be stored here.

A company might consider their customers' contact data to be sensitive. People have been sued for taking the rolidex when they quit. They might install BES to protect it. But one employee sets up a social application that "helps find people he knows" and suddenly all those contacts are now on someone else's server, which may not be secure.

I would put BlackBerry at the top of the list, unless Android applications are being installed from sources other than BlackBerry World, then I would put it below WP8 and iOS.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:21 AM
    BlackBerry could help by providing OpenVPN and native GPG/PGP in the email.

But otherwise, I don't worry much about BlackBerry security.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 06:08 PM