Why doesn't BlackBerry make HDMI connections or miracast connections auto to vertical so BB10 looks more like a desktop OS when connected. I wouldn't need a computer anymore if this was possible.... anyone?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 11:51 AM
    Not 100% sure what you're asking. Can you clarify "auto to vertical" please?

Also, are you familiar with the upcoming BlackBerry Blend features?
    09-18-14 12:46 PM
    I think he meant landscape. And yes, some of us would really like to see BB10 work as desktop, but I doubt they have resources to do so right now.
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-18-14 12:51 PM
    Auto vertical, what? Just rotate the phone yourself, it's not that hard.

pin:2B7CAF06
    09-18-14 12:54 PM
    Auto vertical, what? Just rotate the phone yourself, it's not that hard.

pin:2B7CAF06
    Problem is the open apps and app icons are flipped. But the hub and actual apps are fine. It's an annoyance for sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 12:59 PM
    I think he meant landscape. And yes, some of us would really like to see BB10 work as desktop, but I doubt they have resources to do so right now.
    Ah okay, thanks.
    I'd call that horizontal, not vertical. But yes, landscape would be the correct term.

It will be interesting to see how far they take this Blend concept.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    09-19-14 12:59 AM
    My apologies... I was a little frustrated when I wrote this while using miracast. What I meant was landscape on the app screens. Make it more appealing than what it currently is.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 06:42 AM
    My apologies... I was a little frustrated when I wrote this while using miracast. What I meant was landscape on the app screens. Make it more appealing than what it currently is.

Posted via CB10
    Blend will resolve this I believe, but on another note, isn't it great that your device has HDMI out, OTG, and massive storage so you can even begin to use it like a computer? My z30 has all but replaced my laptop. With Blend on the doorstep it is surely doomed except for backups and ripping music cd's.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 06:52 AM
    Blend will resolve this I believe, but on another note, isn't it great that your device has HDMI out, OTG, and massive storage so you can even begin to use it like a computer? My z30 has all but replaced my laptop. With Blend on the doorstep it is surely doomed except for backups and ripping music cd's.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree that it definitely has made my laptop somewhat collecting dust, however w/o printing built In to the OS and some remember task and note features missing like the OS 7, it won't be able to fully replace my laptop yet. I'd like to see a bigger version of the Z30. Like the passport size but full touch screen. That along with the things I have mention would truly send my laptop to ebay lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:31 AM
    Is the point of blend not to access your BlackBerry on a computer or tablet and really has nothing to do with using the HDMI not to mention the whole "I wouldn't need a computer anymore" part. Blend doesn't actually solve what he was proposing.
    09-19-14 11:43 AM