Need an advise. My Q5 gets hot the very few minutes of use. Advised to reload the 0S which is 10.2 or update to the leak 10.3. Please which one should I do? Please somebody give me the link. Don't know how to go about it. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 08:08 AM
    Before reloading software it might help to see the device manager screenshot to see what it is doing to make the phone heat up. Something must be data intensive somewhere.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-18-14 08:41 AM
    I would go with the "Official" OS release first. Fire up your pc, make sure you have BB Link installed, connect your device, and do a BACKUP FIRST, of your music/images/docs anything you want to keep. Just drag and drop your files to some where on your pc desktop for later recovery.
    Then just follow the on screen steps for doing a wipe/restore.

c
    09-18-14 08:42 AM
    Well, I wouldn't restore because it may be something in the settings currently on the phone.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-18-14 08:52 AM
    Before reloading software it might help to see the device manager screenshot to see what it is doing to make the phone heat up. Something must be data intensive somewhere.
    Do this before anything

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 09:08 AM
    Need an advise. My Q5 gets hot the very few minutes of use. Advised to reload the 0S which is 10.2 or update to the leak 10.3. Please which one should I do? Please somebody give me the link. Don't know how to go about it. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Ok. How many threads have you created asking the same question? I counted at least 3 more besides this one:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...-heats-959224/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-heats-959229/

http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...eating-958978/

Not trying to give you a hard time, but, others have in the past for creating additional threads. So, might stick with just one and have a better chance at feedback. A few minutes? That's odd. Could be a defective battery. Anyway, might try taking the battery out and let it cool off for about 30 min, Reinstall, then after it reboots - do nothing depending on how long it takes to overheat....as in the past. Then go into settings and check the device monitor. Some heating will occur based on your activity or apps running in the background. Reinstalling 10.2 or upgrading is your choice. I utilize 10.3 or an updated OS. But I've done that on here for a minute or two. There is a link in my signature to the latest OS or search for the OS leaks/updates. At that point, do some research and "write down" some notes - just in case you want to upgrade to the latest that is available for you. Disclaimer: Many have tried to upgrade without researching - 1st, and the upgrade became a cluster..... Prior to that, go to BlackBerry World and download an app that will give you information about your battery - including the temp. My Q10 is normal between 28 and 31 Celcius for moderate usage. Good Luck and instructions for upgrading are listed all over the forums.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 09-18-14 at 09:29 AM.
    1magine likes this.
    09-18-14 09:17 AM
    If it gets hot, crack an egg and make breakfast.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? Why are you here? You have 4 posts, and 1 is a misplaced thread in the questions forum that rather than ask a specific question or help with a specific problem is just a poorly written complaint about your Z10 after 1-2 years. Perhaps if you had come in these or another forum a year or 2 ago and asked for help with a specific problem, such as the OP did here, you would have gotten some helpful responses. Or did you just think that everyone in our community would be as helpful to you as you have been to the OP?

Sorry for temporarily derailing your thread, Jossy. I will place J-dub on my ignore list, and suggest others do likewise.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-18-14 09:24 AM
    I need to apologise for my behaviour on this forum especially to my seniors who responded to my post not minding some comments made. I bear no grudge. Truth of the matter is that I did this out of desperation to make sure my Q5 works fine believing I can get good advice here. I actually tried some but didn't work. Am new here on this forum,not up to a month,also the Q5 is new,about 2 months old and also my first BlackBerry phone(maybe I should have started with an 0S 7 brand)
    I never understand that I need to wait patiently for replies to come. However I have decided to rest the BlackBerry meanwhile. Am a novice when it comes to BlackBerry phones. I felt this problem started when I got the last update of 0S 10.2 to my phone which I quickly responded to as it was not so before. Anyway thanks to everybody. God bless you all.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 02:56 AM
    I need to apologise for my behaviour on this forum especially to my seniors who responded to my post not minding some comments made. I bear no grudge. Truth of the matter is that I did this out of desperation to make sure my Q5 works fine believing I can get good advice here. I actually tried some but didn't work. Am new here on this forum,not up to a month,also the Q5 is new,about 2 months old and also my first BlackBerry phone(maybe I should have started with an 0S 7 brand)
    I never understand that I need to wait patiently for replies to come. However I have decided to rest the BlackBerry meanwhile. Am a novice when it comes to BlackBerry phones. I felt this problem started when I got the last update of 0S 10.2 to my phone which I quickly responded to as it was not so before. Anyway thanks to everybody. God bless you all.

Posted via CB10
    Speaking for myself, please don't take anything that I've posted out of context. No ill will intended. I've been on here for over 7 years and I've seen it all- including those that anticipate a quick fix out of desperation. Most new members do when problems happen with their BlackBerry. The only way you can truly understand and enjoy the CrackBerry experience is to do some research and take notes- if warranted. When problems arise, it's helpful to know certain things - New or used device, how long have you owned said device, what specifically is the problem, how long have you had the issue, What OS are you using, etc...... The key is if you've done something to cause the issue(no, not this one), you need to say that. Ish happens. Then we can help you. Also, no apologies needed. This happens .......everyday. Two months is not a long time and you should have a years warranty on the battery. Good Luck.
    09-19-14 09:50 AM
    Stay on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:01 AM