Dear Forum,

On the Z10-how do you change the default calendar setting from daily to monthy?

cheers everyone!
    09-18-14 12:03 AM
    In calendar app, swipe from top, settings, general and set default calendar view as you wish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In calendar app, swipe from top, settings, general and set default calendar view as you wish

09-18-14 12:08 AM
    Si001

Thank you so much! Since I am new to the forum, and to Blackberry, is it ok to ask other questions once a newbie has connected with an expert, or should I start a new thread?

Many, many thanks for your time and help!!

cheers!

09-19-14 04:17 PM
    ask away
    09-19-14 05:45 PM
    ask away
    That's it

09-19-14 08:13 PM
    thank you guys (or girls!)...so our story is that after 7 years of being iphone users my wife and I moved to Blackberry last month. We're thrilled with the new devices and very happy with our decision. Chalk two wins up for Blackberry! Many more to come we hope!

So on to our questions.

1-Last week I did the OS upgrade and am running on the latest 10x version. Now the right arrow has disappeared from the pictures view window. I only have a left arrow, regardless of where I am. To be clear, if I have 50 pictures on my camera, and open up image 25, there is only a left arrow to allow me to scroll to image 4. No right arrow to scroll to image 26. Is this a bug, and if so, is noting here at Crackberry sufficient to bring it to the attention of Blackberry?

2-regarding the music player. I see a way to list Albums, Artists but not songs. Is it not possible to list all the songs you have on your Blackberry so you can pick a particular song to listen to? It seems so basic, am I doing something wrong?

3-regarding a particular song-is it not possible to edit the song information/image on Blackberry?

Many thanks!!!
    09-20-14 03:01 PM
    thank you guys (or girls!)...so our story is that after 7 years of being iphone users my wife and I moved to Blackberry last month. We're thrilled with the new devices and very happy with our decision. Chalk two wins up for Blackberry! Many more to come we hope!

So on to our questions.

1-Last week I did the OS upgrade and am running on the latest 10x version. Now the right arrow has disappeared from the pictures view window. I only have a left arrow, regardless of where I am. To be clear, if I have 50 pictures on my camera, and open up image 25, there is only a left arrow to allow me to scroll to image 4. No right arrow to scroll to image 26. Is this a bug, and if so, is noting here at Crackberry sufficient to bring it to the attention of Blackberry?

2-regarding the music player. I see a way to list Albums, Artists but not songs. Is it not possible to list all the songs you have on your Blackberry so you can pick a particular song to listen to? It seems so basic, am I doing something wrong?

3-regarding a particular song-is it not possible to edit the song information/image on Blackberry?

Many thanks!!!
    2). When in the music app, hit the expanded menu (lower left) and you will have choices, one of which will be 'All Songs.'

3). Use the File Manager app to edit any file, though I'm not sure what you're trying to edit, since only the song name is probably editable.
    09-20-14 03:13 PM

So on to our questions.

Many thanks!!!
    1) which OS version are you on. I don't have any arrows in my pictures app. When you are looking at a picture, just swipe the screen from the left to the right or right to left to go either way.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    09-20-14 04:00 PM
    1) which OS version are you on. I don't have any arrows in my pictures app. When you are looking at a picture, just swipe the screen from the left to the right or right to left to go either way.

I'm on 10.3.0.1154 Stl100-4 on Verizon. I don't have the arrow problem though and never have, so not sure. Hopefully someone will offer a suggestion.
    09-20-14 04:27 PM

Unless your running 10.3.x in 10.3 they seem to have removed that option. Now it just remembers what the last view you were in before you closed the calendar & uses that. It's kinda annoying Alas that's just one of the new & "improved" calendar features in 10.3. For the most part 10.3 changes were an improvement, but you can see a lot of complaints around this forum (& the web) about the calendar...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 08:51 AM
    Unless your running 10.3.x in 10.3 they seem to have removed that option. Now it just remembers what the last view you were in before you closed the calendar & uses that. It's kinda annoying Alas that's just one of the new & "improved" calendar features in 10.3. For the most part 10.3 changes were an improvement, but you can see a lot of complaints around this forum (& the web) about the calendar...

Posted via CB10
    I have those options in my calendar.

09-21-14 10:04 AM
    I have those options in my calendar.

Your running 10.3.x?
    Where? & what vs of 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 10:10 AM
    Hey OP, no idea about your pictures app...i don't even have the arrows. Lol.

For the music app just tap on the Playlist view and you'll be able to go to All Songs.

To edit the song file details download an app called id3iot

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    09-21-14 01:47 PM
    Your running 10.3.x?
    Where? & what vs of 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    I may have misunderstood the way it was worded in the post I replied to, sorry. I thought he meant that those options were missing in the OS prior to 10.3. I missed the 10.3.x part.

09-21-14 03:22 PM

I'm on OS 10.21.301 on a Z 10. I'm guessing that if you have no arrows, and I have just one arrow that this is a bug?

cheers! and thanks!

09-21-14 08:58 PM
    In the music app, I have nothing on the lower left. I do have options on the lower right, which contain only the following choices:
    Play All
    Shuffle All
    Search
    Select Items...

No listing for songs?

Under the Music Library screen I only have Artists, Albums, and Genres. The options menu on the lower right hand corner has the same choices I listed above.

Seems odd that Blackberry would build a player that doesn't let you see the songs?

cheers!
    09-21-14 09:03 PM
    This is a perfect example of why the CrackBerry Team writes "how to articles". To help out all of our new BlackBerry users.

Verizon Z30
    09-21-14 11:17 PM
    To get to see all of your songs, go to playlists and at the bottom under "Collections" there will be one that's called "All Songs"

To demonstrate your your arrow issue with the pictures, can you upload a screenshot? If you hold both the up and down volume buttons at the same time, you will take a screenshot which you can then upload here.

Posted on my Q10
    09-22-14 12:48 AM
    In the music app, I have nothing on the lower left. I do have options on the lower right, which contain only the following choices:
    Play All
    Shuffle All
    Search
    Select Items...

No listing for songs?

Under the Music Library screen I only have Artists, Albums, and Genres. The options menu on the lower right hand corner has the same choices I listed above.

Seems odd that Blackberry would build a player that doesn't let you see the songs?

cheers!
    OP...go one level back from Music Library. see my screenshot:

How do you change the default calendar setting from daily to monthly?-img_20140922_165150.png
    See the bottom row? Next to Library is Playlist. Go to that then in the middle will be the Playlist for All Songs.

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    09-22-14 03:53 AM
    @'Shade'-ok...got it! Thank you so much! I was expecting the 'Songs' to be in the same place as 'Artists', 'Albums' etc.

Many thanks....hmmm...I'm just wondering...since BB only sends that little pamphlet with the phone, is there such a thing as an online manual for the new phones?

cheers!
    09-22-14 10:52 AM