Instead of closing active frame by tapping little cross, how about having another gesture option by swiping up the active frame which would make it so cool and easy? Give a like if you like the idea.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 08:44 PM
    B-b-but swipe up is to view active frames 5-8

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and zehkaiser like this.
    09-17-14 08:45 PM
    It existed on the PlayBook which was a feature I also liked

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 08:49 PM
    Instead of closing active frame by tapping little cross, how about having another gesture option by swiping up the active frame which would make it so cool and easy? Give a like if you like the idea.

Posted via CB10
    WebOs phones such as my old Pixi Plus had this and I STILL very much miss that gesture. It somehow always felt so empowering to just fire an app up.....up....and away. Flinging with a flourish I used to call it---lol.
    09-17-14 08:50 PM
    I like that idea. Webos like

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    1magine likes this.
    09-17-14 08:51 PM
    Yeah, right now, when you're on the multitask screen, all four swipe directions are already assigned. Maybe if the UI could distinguish between a flick-to-close and a slightly slower swipe-to-scroll, then it could work.

Additionally, I think that from within an app, you should be able to close by swiping up and to the left to close the app--ie the mirror opposite of the up and to the right Hub gesture.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    09-17-14 08:54 PM
    2fingers swipe up to close. That would be a nice added features as I normally like to exit some active frames after I use them

via Q10
    09-17-14 08:56 PM
    Me me.

I like pb interface more than os10.
    Like rotation lock, multitasking etc

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:11 PM
    I like both of these ideas.

If you flick the bottom bar, or bezel of the active frame it should be able to distinguish between closing an app and scrolling.

And to swipe up and left to close an app would be awesome also

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-17-14 09:16 PM
    I like both of these ideas.

If you flick the bottom bar, or bezel of the active frame it should be able to distinguish between closing an app and scrolling.

And to swipe up and left to close an app would be awesome also

Posted via CB10
    But many people such as myself would accidentally close apps instead of viewing more which is counterintuitive

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:43 PM
    But many people such as myself would accidentally close apps instead of viewing more which is counterintuitive

Posted via CB10
    Well, I think that we could minimize the occasions of accidental closure, but as an assurance, we could definitely put it as an option in the settings menu, so a user had an option to activate/deactivate "flick to close."

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    Andy_bb_king and pttptppt like this.
    09-17-14 11:37 PM
    I would like up+left to enter the multitasking carousel like on PB. We can then swipe up to close, scroll open apps, etc.

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    pttptppt and PapiPabs like this.
    09-18-14 05:37 AM
    I would like up+left to enter the multitasking carousel like on PB. We can then swipe up to close, scroll open apps, etc.

I like this idea. This is something they should have carried over from the PlayBook from the start IMHO.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    09-18-14 05:49 AM
    Apple has this. Lol

Hehehe
    09-18-14 09:03 AM
    Apple has this. Lol

Hehehe
    Only AFTER Webos and blackberry

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 09:06 AM
    I remember reading somewhere that qnx was behind Webos and that's why PlayBook OS and bb10 are so similar to it. Anyone remember that??

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 09:07 AM
    Apple has this. Lol

Hehehe
    And so did playbook and webOS and both died. Coincidence?

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    09-18-14 09:47 AM
    Swipe left to switch between apps.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-18-14 09:49 AM
    I liked this feature on the PlayBook OS, I would like to see it added to BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 10:37 AM

This does sound really cool and I'd love it and could picture it looking very sleek. But something that people won't understand is that you then have multiple multitasking screens. Which makes no sense. You'd have active frames and a carousel of open apps.

I like the idea but not too necessary. What if the app you want is 5 apps away you have to swipe 4 times to get it. Why not swipe up and then just click the active frame?

I think the up and left gesture should definitely be used but I don't think they have decided on the best function yet. Should be something to compliment the HUB. Or maybe it's a "favourite" app that's always running in background (like the hub). For example. The camera app is chosen. You are in the browser and see something you want a photo of. Instead of minimizing and clicking to open the app. You simply swipe up and left and that pulls over the opened camera app already which is ready instantly to take the photo.

This can help with efficiency and productivity which BlackBerry wants for their products.

Also as for swiping up to close active frames. Again that sounds really cool but they would have to modify the implementation of UI and change the user perspective of the device to make it work fluidly. I think keeping the "x" is good to close the app when in active frame. The gesture to close should be when you minimize the app. As you minimize the app going 50% of the screen will minimize. Once you pass 50% (or 75%) then a red glow will appear (like declining a phone call) and a garbage can (or "x") and that will allow you to close the app without even putting it to active frame list.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 12:01 PM
    Jessica Alba?

iP5, iPad2, Q10, Z30, and soon passport!
    09-18-14 12:10 PM
    Swipe or drag the frame to the upper corner, sounds better for me.

Hehehe
    10-29-14 07:44 AM
    Flick active frames to close apps is the ONLY feature I prefer on iOS over BB10, and I would really like to see that in the near future on bB10. I think this is a cool and convenient method, better than trying to hit the small cross (and often miss it).

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-06-14 02:09 PM
    Flick active frames to close apps is the ONLY feature I prefer on iOS over BB10, and I would really like to see that in the near future on bB10. I think this is a cool and convenient method, better than trying to hit the small cross (and often miss it).

Posted via CB10
    And make it cool!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 03:57 PM
    And so did playbook and webOS and both died. Coincidence?

Posted via CB10
    WebOS is far from dead. Heck, there's a real good chance that more people are using WebOS than BB10 at this point. If not yet, sales of WebOS powered TVs has gotta be getting real close to surpassing the numbers of BB10 devices sold to date.
    11-06-14 04:24 PM
29 12