I was talking with a rep at Telus who was confident that the Z30 will go EOL ASAP. This, it seemed, was based on the fact that Z10 and Q10 are already EOL, and that all the Z30 accessories are on huge discount with no new ones coming in.

Anyone else know anything or have any insight? Having JUST the Q20 and Passport in stock would be sad, as I think Z30 is a fantastic, and very relevant device.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    09-17-14 07:34 PM
    If I had a dollar for every correct carrier employee rumor, I'd be homeless.

Anyway, the Z30 didn't have ridiculous overstock like the Z10, or any sort of sustained marketing like the Z10/Q10. Production has probably dried up. Shame.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 07:40 PM
    If I had a dollar for every correct carrier employee rumor, I'd be homeless.

Anyway, the Z30 didn't have ridiculous overstock like the Z10, or any sort of sustained marketing like the Z10/Q10. Production has probably dried up. Shame.

Posted via CB10
    Think you're right about production drying up. I have friends who work at BlackBerry who can't get their hands on a Z30. They're being told not in stock.
    09-17-14 08:11 PM
    Remember that the Z20 is coming... Let's hope we get more information on that on the 24th.
    09-17-14 08:16 PM
    Remember that the Z20 is coming... Let's hope we get more information on that on the 24th.
    Hope you're eight. I've been waiting to get my hands on a Z30 but waiting until the end of the month to see if the Z20 is real.
    09-17-14 08:20 PM
    Think you're right about production drying up. I have friends who work at BlackBerry who can't get their hands on a Z30. They're being told not in stock.
    My friend from BlackBerry just got me another Z30 last week. So, not sure what's going on with stock but I know I had to wait about a month for it though.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 08:31 PM
    I'm a little confused as I read discussions about the term "EOL" where people are talking about two different things. Is EOL when the phone is no longer being manufactured and no longer available for purchase new, or is it when the software is no longer receiving updates and the phone is essentially abandoned and obsolete?

Because while the Z30 is clearly being dropped by carriers, it's still a beast of a phone by all accounts, and it appears that all BB10 phones are still being updated.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 08:39 PM
    My definition of EOL is ceased manufacturing and sale.

And judging by what people are saying here, that seems to be the case. Which is nuts because the Z30 is still relevant in terms of hardware!

And the Z20, by definition alone, is no replacement for the Z30!

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    09-17-14 10:34 PM
    With various carriers having little, sporadic or no stock I'd buy from BlackBerry directly. I bought two Z10's from the US site and got my friend to redirect them to me in Alberta to which they were activated on Telus. BlackBerry seems to have the occasional sale, last one was 30% off all phones. Pretty good deal for a new unlocked phone. Way more bargaining power when you have your device and are wanting a deal with carriers

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 10:36 PM
    I'm a little confused as I read discussions about the term "EOL" where people are talking about two different things. Is EOL when the phone is no longer being manufactured and no longer available for purchase new, or is it when the software is no longer receiving updates and the phone is essentially abandoned and obsolete?

Because while the Z30 is clearly being dropped by carriers, it's still a beast of a phone by all accounts, and it appears that all BB10 phones are still being updated.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know official parlance, but I consider it "discontinued" when its no longer purchased but still supported (software and/or warranty wise). I consider it "end of life" when there is no support from software and/or warranty.

If I call up for support in 3 months, I'd get it. If I called up in 3 years, the response would be, "Sorry sir, this phone is no longer supported".
    09-17-14 10:58 PM
    I don't know official parlance, but I consider it "discontinued" when its no longer purchased but still supported (software and/or warranty wise). I consider it "end of life" when there is no support from software and/or warranty.

If I call up for support in 3 months, I'd get it. If I called up in 3 years, the response would be, "Sorry sir, this phone is no longer supported".
    OK. In that case "discontinued"

09-17-14 11:30 PM
    It's happening. They aren't displaying the Z30 anymore. That seems quick to EoL?!

10-16-14 05:07 PM
    As far as the Z30 I am on my 3rd one since April and this one has issues and is going back in for replacement so they do have them in stock and it's been a 10 day turnaround but hoping to get ahold of a Passport. Too many issues with the Z30. Maybe it will change with 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:00 PM
    The Z30 will not be manufactured anymore. It was the best smartphone never advertised. I actually purchased a second on in the summer when I heard this. It is a great phone, but after using my new Passport for a few weeks, the Z30 is the second best BlackBerry phone.

 Passport Rocks 
    12-26-14 07:12 PM