Aside from the few quirks any leaked OS gives us, I've been thrilled with the 10.3 OS. Made my Z30 like new. One complaint I do have though is that I seem to be getting emails duplicated into 2 different folders, Inbox and Important. The emails are not marked as Important, so I am not sure why they are being directed to that folder. I put 10.3 onto my phone shortly after getting it as a replacement for my Z10, so I don't know if this is an OS issue or not, but it doesn't happen all the time. I also can't say it just happens with one of my email accounts, because it happens with several of them. I have a few regular Gmail accounts, a work Gmail account and also a couple of private domain email accounts. They all seem to randomly do it. My emails are grouped into conversations so when I click on the email, I then realize that the email is duplicated.

Is there a toggle function for this in each respective email account or is this a known glitch with the leaked 10.3? Thanks.
    09-17-14 04:34 PM
    Are you meaning priority hub? Is it an imap or eas type email?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-17-14 04:40 PM
    This is not a 10.3 issue at all. This is just a consequence of how conversation view works on BB10.
    Here is what conversation view does:
    It shows any messages in a thread with the same Subject/Sender. It checks all IMAP folders for these messages. This is not an issue for filing stuff through BB10, because it can only apply one folder at a time for messages, but for a service like Gmail that support multiple "tags" (=folders) this leads to duplicates. The same thing can happen for Sent items or Starred. If you apply a label to those through your web client it may show up twice unless the "Sent/Starred" label is removed at the same time.

I have complained about this a lot, but it seems to be an IMAP limitation and not something that BlackBerry could easily fix. They should somehow add a system that checks whether emails they show in conversation view are identical. On an unrelated note, searching in the Hub never shows conversations, I find that disappointing as well.
    _____

The reason you just started noticing this behaviour on Gmail, is because the great Google automatically (can't turn this off) applies an "important" marker to some emails based on your behaviour and by default the Important folder is synced to your device. This means that any incoming mail of this type will automatically show twice on your device (Inbox/Important).
    What I do to minimize this is go into Gmail and disable Important and Starred in the IMAP settings. That way these folders never show on your device and you won't see them visually as duplicates. You can still Flag emails just fine, that still marks them as Starred on your web service and the Search option/Pinch gesture from the Hub can still filter them.

tl;dr: BB10 shows one entry for every "folder"(label) found, so messages with multiple labels show multiple times in conversation view. The "Important" label in Gmail is totally separate from folders (but it is shown as a folder regardless). You can't disable it and it is not the same as Flagged/Starred messages. Luckily you can stop this label from showing on your device: disable Important from the IMAP settings.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 09-18-14 at 10:02 AM.
    zocster and pinkvikchick like this.
    09-17-14 05:42 PM
    it is Gmail ****ty issue .. without platformfs initiative ,,
    09-17-14 06:56 PM
    This is not a 10.3 issue at all. This is and has been a BB10 issue in general since 10.1
    Here is what conversation view does:
    It is not a BB10 issue. My work iPhone does the same when conversation view is turned on. Apparently this how this view is supposed to work

STL-4. 10.3.0.1130
    09-18-14 08:06 AM
    Edited to reflect that, you are right. I hope the rest of my post clarified it is not a bug, but just the way the device handles IMAP folders.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    09-18-14 10:03 AM
    Go to accounts, select account for email, go to edit folders, if all folders sync is checked, go down to important folder and deselect.

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1154
    09-18-14 10:09 AM
    In addition to my post above, give this link a read: https://productforums.google.com/for...il/avpsqX4gzOk

This should explain why and how to turn off the auto important issue.

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1154
    09-18-14 10:29 AM
    I thank everyone for their feedback. It seems toggling off Important labeling to emails resolved my issue.
    09-18-14 03:27 PM
    Edited to reflect that, you are right. I hope the rest of my post clarified it is not a bug, but just the way the device handles IMAP folders.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    And exchange servers

STL-4. 10.3.0.1130
    09-18-14 05:51 PM
    Did you have to do anything else except toggle the important labeling off? I did that and still am seeing all of the duplicate emails.
    02-11-15 06:15 PM
    Disabling the "important" flags in the Google web mail page settings seemed to do the trick. For those who say it didn't, there may be a lag in the results based on how frequently BlackBerry polls the mail servers. That setting,too, may be modified in the telephone's account settings.

Thanks to those of you who provided the advice.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:14 PM