Just updated my iPad mini to iOS 8. No surprise, but it is still no closer to the vastly superiornesshood of BB10. Just quaint to see some features I have been enjoying, on either my Z10 or Z30 since 10.2.1, are kind of there on the iPad now.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 02:04 PM
    Thanks for the heads up, moved you to iOS subforum
    09-17-14 02:19 PM
    I'm glad you've actually posted something along these lines as it's so easy to overlook BB10 from other perspectives as a poor OS and it's easy to forget to take a back step and realise the OS was released with the BlackBerry Z10 around a Year and a Half ago just over now. OS for OS BB10 has by far taken the biggest strides forward.

Android and iOS have been around for some years now and so have had time to mature and be fine tuned. The best is yet to come I feel for BB10.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    09-17-14 02:25 PM
    Exactly. Even the keyboard enhancements are pale compared to the PlayBook. Oh, well... Getting excited for the 10.3.1 release.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 02:46 PM
    Thanks for the heads up, moved you to iOS subforum
    Why would you do that? I don't think Appletarians take kindly to being told their OS is tripe when compared to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    vinniesworld and bungaboy like this.
    09-17-14 02:48 PM
    Just updated my iPad mini to iOS 8. No surprise, but it is still no closer to the vastly superiornesshood of BB10. Just quaint to see some features I have been enjoying, on either my Z10 or Z30 since 10.2.1, are kind of there on the iPad now.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 superior to iOS?

God don't even believe that.
    09-17-14 05:27 PM
    BB10 superior to iOS?

One reason iOS is better except for apps?

Posted via my sexy Q10
    09-17-14 05:39 PM
    One reason iOS is better except for apps?

Posted via my sexy Q10
    I hesitate to call one OS better than another, but if app selection is the deciding factor (and for a lot of people, it definitely is), is another reason really needed?
    xandermac likes this.
    09-17-14 06:03 PM
    Why would you do that? I don't think Appletarians take kindly to being told their OS is tripe when compared to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, it's the iOS sub forum of CrackBerry (so... where BlackBerry fans go to complain and laugh about iOS).

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    09-17-14 06:18 PM
    I am a Stan Marsh tonight, thank you. You know, "I learned something today".

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 06:43 PM
    never used an IPhone, so I have no idea what its like, but I do like the BB10 system.
    09-17-14 06:51 PM
    is another reason really needed?
    Yes,
    HUB - PEEK and FLOW. Not to mention security of, course.
    Lets wait a couple of days to get iOS rooted, like previous iOS versions.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-17-14 07:06 PM
    Yes,
    HUB - PEEK and FLOW. Not to mention security of, course.
    Lets wait a couple of days to get iOS rooted, like previous iOS versions.
    Well, BBRY just needs to figure out how to get folks to buy into those things.

Till then, however, I have a sinking feeling that ecosystem will continue to trump Peek, flow, security and even the eventuality of iOS jailbreaking.
    xandermac likes this.
    09-17-14 07:18 PM
    Just like how BB10 is catching up to iOS. For example,

• BlackBerry Assistant
    • Being able to access quick settings anywhere in the os
    • Redesign icons
    • Endless Folder
    • Panorama

No operating system is perfect and has every single features.
    09-17-14 07:51 PM
    Didn't take long for one of these threads to show up. OP in what ways is iOS "Catching get up to BB10?". I'm just curious as to your thoughts on this.
    09-17-14 08:08 PM
    Some the apps that allow login via Touch ID are already showing up and it's pretty awesome logging in to your financial apps using fingerprint. I never want to go back to PINs or passwords just to check transactions and balances.
    09-17-14 09:16 PM
    BB10 superior to iOS?

I've used both, and, yes, it is the complete truth.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-17-14 09:26 PM
    I hesitate to call one OS better than another, but if app selection is the deciding factor (and for a lot of people, it definitely is), is another reason really needed?
    Did you not see the study that points out that most people download less than one app per month? Since apps are only available as integer quantities only, less than one equals zero. Therefore, the whole app ecosystem debate is completely pointless. The OS qualities are the only basis for comparsion, and having used both, BB10 clearly wins.
    bungaboy and SBrowne823 like this.
    09-17-14 09:34 PM
    How OS systems compare and which is better is a futile conversation... what is best is what works for you... the best technical and performance OS do not win out no matter how much you trumpet the superior features and performance... About to age myself... back on the day ( late eighties ) at the time of the first Mac and Atrari... Commadore cand out with a computer called Amiga..... at the time it was the only computer with graphic co processors... and a true multitalsking OS which really worked well in the performance department.. Where is it today... gone... first gen Mac's ruled the day even though they were in their infancy.... it is not what is best in OS it is what is popular... as there are over 40 million or more Iphones sold...verseus a few million BB10 devices... guess which one people think is the best....
    09-17-14 10:00 PM
    I've used both, and, yes, it is the complete truth.
    Opinion can't be a truth. If it's a truth it's a fact, and there is no fact in opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 11:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why not, this Crackberry not a Apple Form. I come here to read about Blackberry.
    09-17-14 11:21 PM
    Question:

Does the new iOS have true multitasking or multiple active screens yet? If so, then it might be comparable to OS10. Anyone using iOS 8 here who can tell us?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 11:22 PM
    Did you not see the study that points out that most people download less than one app per month? Since apps are only available as integer quantities only, less than one equals zero. Therefore, the whole app ecosystem debate is completely pointless. The OS qualities are the only basis for comparsion, and having used both, BB10 clearly wins.
    Yes, that's why BBRY has wasted so much resources trying to nail it down. LOL.

Nah, as has been discussed to death, it isn't about the sum total of apps; it's about the individual gaps that people have. The one bank app. The one medical app. The one multitasking app. Studies don't capture that. Like the mom I know who picked up a competing device because she wanted the baby cam app unavailable for BB10.

Personally, my BB10 app gap boils down to 5 apps. That is a tiny amount, but sizable enough to impact my productivity.

So, while we are here quoting studies (and this particular one has been debunked, FYI) that not even BBRY pays attention to, people are making real-world decisions that impact the future availability of the devices we enjoy, you best believe that folks ARE making decisions based on what apps and peripherals are available to them. it ain't enough to wear the "Best OS crown" now. WebOS proudly flaunted that for a while. Now, to be the best to a particular person, that OS has to help that person DO.

I don't know how folks use iOS as a daily driver (LOL), but I can say that I do admire the ecosystem that brings its users extra functionality that folks on other platforms can only dream of.
    mmcfly23 likes this.
    09-17-14 11:43 PM
    How OS systems compare and which is better is a futile conversation... what is best is what works for you... the best technical and performance OS do not win out no matter how much you trumpet the superior features and performance... About to age myself... back on the day ( late eighties ) at the time of the first Mac and Atrari... Commadore cand out with a computer called Amiga..... at the time it was the only computer with graphic co processors... and a true multitalsking OS which really worked well in the performance department.. Where is it today... gone... first gen Mac's ruled the day even though they were in their infancy.... it is not what is best in OS it is what is popular... as there are over 40 million or more Iphones sold...verseus a few million BB10 devices... guess which one people think is the best....
    Very well said.

I think it takes a bit of maturity to be able to look at stuff objectively. The "best" is such a subjective term.
    09-17-14 11:45 PM
    Question:

Does the new iOS have true multitasking or multiple active screens yet? If so, then it might be comparable to OS10. Anyone using iOS 8 here who can tell us?

Posted via CB10
    No, same as iOS 7. Outside of some features (the one that inspired me to post was the messages popping up on the top, and allowing you to respond - pretty much the same way 10.2.1 brought it to BB10) the only real advance is speed. It hesitates less when opening apps, etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:41 PM
27 12