Amazon app store apps are horribly outdated so I was hoping to use the 1mobile store.

My concerns are that it is based in China and we have no way of telling how they change the apk

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 02:02 PM
    09-17-14 02:38 PM
    I don't want a google account. So I can't use SNAP
    09-17-14 02:40 PM
    I wouldn't use 1mobile. I've seen fair evidence of malware out of there.

Snap is hands-down the best solution, but if you refuse to take out a Google account then Amazon is kind of it (though the Nokia store does work as well).
    09-17-14 02:43 PM
    I wouldn't use 1mobile. I've seen fair evidence of malware out of there.

Snap is hands-down the best solution, but if you refuse to take out a Google account then Amazon is kind of it (though the Nokia store does work as well).
    Can I use SNAP with a mac and do I have to use Chrome? I don't like having google products on my machine.

Also is there a way to check for malware on BB10?
    09-17-14 02:50 PM
    I personally would not use 1mobile either (tried it for a brief time then uninstalled) as I just do not trust the apps there (maybe I am just too paranoid!). Snap is my choice but you could also try GoodEreader. It is not the most comprehensive app store but seems to be safe IMHO. There are many others out there BUT the information as to whether they are safe or not is severely lacking.
    09-17-14 02:54 PM
    I've had no problems with 1Mobile, but I would go looking for new apps in it. Use apps you know other people use, and make sure the one you are downloading is the official one

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 06:04 PM
    For me is OK, although only use the big apps
    09-17-14 06:15 PM
    I've used it since we could use it. I've never had an issue. Just don't install things that you aren't sure about.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 06:16 PM
    Install snap. Other 3rd party apps store are really frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:57 PM
    Snap much better

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-17-14 09:58 PM
    It's as safe as finding love in the red light district.
    Snap is better.
    I usually download directly from Google play through evozi. Play store isn't that much better, but the few apps I downloaded are from the larger app publishers who have million plus downloads.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 11:01 PM
    1 Mobile Market = Malware!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 11:14 PM
    I've been using 1Mobile Market for awhile. How can I check my Z30 for malware? I'm starting to get paranoid after reading the previous comments.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    09-19-14 10:20 AM
    Can I use SNAP with a mac and do I have to use Chrome? I don't like having google products on my machine.

Same here, I hate Google products and yet I find Snap the best solution for Android apps available on BlackBerry. 1mobilw market isnt really that good. Some annoying push notifications for bo reason, dodgy looking apps - I have get rid off it as soon as I have found Snap, which is even better than Google Play store itself, lol.

Just create Google account using another e-mail (yahoo or something, doesnt matter you not gonna be using it anyway) and fake details. I went thru the account options as well just to make sure they not saving any history etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:22 PM
    I've been using 1Mobile Market for awhile. How can I check my Z30 for malware? I'm starting to get paranoid after reading the previous comments.

You can download an app such as Malwarebytes and just run a scan.

Oh, and if you decide to switch from 1mobile to Snap I recommend to run CCleaner as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:26 PM
    Same here, I hate Google products and yet I find Snap the best solution for Android apps available on BlackBerry. 1mobilw market isnt really that good. Some annoying push notifications for bo reason, dodgy looking apps - I have get rid off it as soon as I have found Snap, which is even better than Google Play store itself, lol.

Just create Google account using another e-mail (yahoo or something, doesnt matter you not gonna be using it anyway) and fake details. I went thru the account options as well just to make sure they not saving any history etc.

Posted via CB10
    Snap is not a store, it downloads from Google Play. This is why a Google account is required. And it's saving a history of the apps you download, install, and universally accept permissions.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:29 PM
    Yes im aware its not a store itself, thats why I recommend to use fake details to make Google account, there is no other way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:33 PM
    You can download an app such as Malwarebytes and just run a scan.

Oh, and if you decide to switch from 1mobile to Snap I recommend to run CCleaner as well.

Posted via CB10
    Can't find it in BlackBerry World so I'm assuming it's an android app. I don't have Snap and have been using 1MobileMarket as my only source for android apps. Your suggestion is not to run Snap until I run ccleaner. Where should I get these apps from then?

09-19-14 07:11 PM
    Can't find it in BlackBerry World so I'm assuming it's an android app. I don't have Snap and have been using 1MobileMarket as my only source for android apps. Your suggestion is not to run Snap until I run ccleaner. Where should I get these apps from then?

Those are PC programs. Ccleaner checks your registry and some startup programs, Malwarebytes is a malware scanner.

Ccleaner.

Malwarebytes.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:57 PM
    Yes im aware its not a store itself, thats why I recommend to use fake details to make Google account, there is no other way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Ah. Apologies, I was responding to your comment that Snap "is better than Google Play", which I took as meaning Snap is an app store. I see what you're meaning now.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 08:00 PM
    These are PC programs but they also got mobile versions. You can download them from Snap - just remove 1mobile, install Snap and then download those two apps . You don't have to do it before you install Snap - sorry for misleading!

And by saying Snap is better than Google Play I just meant it's looking better, it's smoother and not full of **** you don't need

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:51 PM

Use Sachesi, you can use it Install feature (no dev mode needed) to install Snap. Btw, you can use Chromium which is an open-source version of Chrome if you don't want to use Sachesi.

There is no malware for BB10 and Android Malware can't do anything with your device. You can use some antivirus stuff on BlackBerry World if you unsure about your device

Z10 - 10.3 - STL 100-1
    09-20-14 12:11 AM
    jika mendown load aplikasi android di 1 mobile market apakah aman

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 05:12 AM
    I've used 1Mobile for the last year or so. I uninstall each time (as I uses about 200mb ram(?) in the background - that after disabling the notifications). Keep the APK saved on my SD.

Works for me - but doesn't need to be on my phone 24/7...

May give Snap a go next though...

P (BlackBerry Classic)
    04-05-16 06:41 AM
26 12