With last Wednesday's announcement of the Porsche Design P'9983 BlackBerry it may be a good idea to take a look at who is currently using the previous iterations of these high priced phones. Based on data collected by BlackBerry World for downloads of the popular game Pixelated, it was possible to identify the countries that the P'9981 and P'9982 are currently being used in.

Looking at current use of the Porsche Design phones-porsche.png

As with most things BlackBerry, the greatest support comes from Canada, with the majority of users in North America. The following countries mostly confirm the stereotype of Porsche targeting oil rich nations such as Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. In fact anytime that Bahrain accounts for over two percent of the market, you can safely assume that oil money is a contributing factor.
    chern likes this.
    09-17-14 12:38 PM
    with $2000 pricing the results are inline with what I would expect
    09-17-14 12:42 PM
    I wrote this in hopes that it would end up on the crackberry homepage. It doesn't look as if that will happen, so unless I hear differently by Monday I will be reposting this to my own site...
    09-19-14 03:18 PM
    I'm afraid they may not accept it in its current form.. cause it sounds a bit offensive to the arabs actually...
    Drawing the stereotype of people drowning in oil money and spending blindly.. even if it is true in part.. but it's not really nice for CB to put it on the front page..

My recommendation, is to try to shake it up, from the oil money talk.. to the arabs being some of the stronger BlackBerry fans who are dedicated enough to spend that much money on their phones.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    velkod likes this.
    09-19-14 03:25 PM
    another point is people will wonder why you used the oil money stereotype but didn't mention the Mexican drug lords stereotype Lol

09-19-14 03:28 PM
    I would really hope that people are not that easily offended.

Furthermore lets be honest. Anyone purchasing the P'9982 instead of the Z10 is in fact spending money blindly...
    09-20-14 09:00 AM
    After not hearing anything from the crackberry team, this will be posted tomorrow at http://news.ebscer.com/2014/09/looki...design-phones/
    09-22-14 12:23 PM
    I'm afraid they may not accept it in its current form.. cause it sounds a bit offensive to the arabs actually...
    Drawing the stereotype of people drowning in oil money and spending blindly.. even if it is true in part.. but it's not really nice for CB to put it on the front page..

My recommendation, is to try to shake it up, from the oil money talk.. to the arabs being some of the stronger BlackBerry fans who are dedicated enough to spend that much money on their phones.

I think you're jumping to a conclusion. It's not wrong to point out the connection between these devices and resource-rich economies, and I don't think pointing that out implies any kind of commentary.
    09-22-14 12:44 PM
    Agree, your assessment is fair and best to stay with oil money and away from arms traders and slaving.... just sayim'

People are so sensitive, surprised the oil barons are on CB though,
    .... r e p r e s e n t ! !

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-23-14 12:16 AM