OK, so I spilled a lil tea on my Z10 on Sat afternoon, I have both a soft & hard cover on my z10, only the screen got wet. it seemed ok, dried it off, - and it continued to work fine. But since this Monday morning, it goes into Silent mode all by itself and the it only affects Media applications - music & videl. I have done a restart and battery removal a few times today, but it still keeps happening. My volume buttons do not seem to be working properly: my up volume button will sometimes only do screen captures, my down volume button does not seem to do anything. Each time I reboot, I up the volume, but it seems to go back down after a few secs, all by itself, then to silent mode. I actually watched it happen...weird. Do not have the new release OS, my BB Z10 is open) HELP!!!!....Do I need to get a new one??
    09-17-14 11:06 AM
    I think your volume down is faulty... i seems as though it is active all the time that's why when you press volume up it takes a screen shot and when you turn volume up, it goes all the way down till phone becomes on silent.
    You might have to send it in for repairs.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 11:10 AM
    Sugar in the tea? It might help to remove the battery and place it with uncooked rice in a closed plastic baggie or container or with a desiccant for a day. Circuit might be fried or just damp. Those buttons are close to the screen where the tea hit AND MAY have dripped over the edge.
    09-17-14 11:42 AM