The new 10.3.0.1154 leak works very nicely on my Q10. It's great to have the option to run Android apps via Snap when a BB10 app isn't available, however so many of them fail to start or run properly because the Android runtime doesn't support Google Play Services.

Does anyone know if Blackberry have any plans to integrate Google Play Services into OS 10's Android so that all apps can run?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 02:55 PM
    No word so far. Might be some legal issue prevents them from doing it.
    09-16-14 03:14 PM

NO, Google Play is controlled by Google and they are not going to allow BlackBerry to integrate it. They are working to help more developers to use Google Services.... for security reasons - to keep the 3rd party app stores from posting paid apps for free or from changing code. Of course it cuts the legs out from under Tizen, Sailfish and BB10. It will be a slow process for some apps, others have already started using Google Play for app verification. At some point BlackBerry will have to say they run Amazon Apps (that's if Amazon can stick with their own versions of Android Apps and developers don't walk away from them).
    09-16-14 03:16 PM
    That's a pity. I think Blackberry will have to do a deal with Google in the future if they want to claim that they support running Android apps. I'm sure Google would be amenable to a deal if the business conditions were right.

As it stands at the moment, John and Sally off the street might buy a BB10 device on the basis that they can run Android apps, and then ditch it when they discover it can only run 10% of the Android apps out there.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 03:41 PM
    That's a pity. I think Blackberry will have to do a deal with Google in the future if they want to claim that they support running Android apps. I'm sure Google would be amenable to a deal if the business conditions were right.

As it stands at the moment, John and Sally off the street might buy a BB10 device on the basis that they can run Android apps, and then ditch it when they discover it can only run 10% of the Android apps out there.

Posted via CB10
    Really? 10%? *pensive* please provide some facts to back up your BS.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    dslocumb likes this.
    09-16-14 03:48 PM
    they got the deal with amazon for that very specific reason google play serviceswill NEVER be allowed on a BB device it shares to much private information that opens security holes.

Also the forked android store has like 300k+ apps that work without the google services so it will be fine.
    09-16-14 03:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    The only business condition that matters is that BlackBerry would have to run a full blown version of Android for the OS and not just the runtime and accept all of the terms that Google has. A special deal for BlackBerry would upset all of Google's OEM partners who have had to comply with Google's terms to get access to Google Play.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    09-16-14 04:00 PM
    The only business condition that matters is that BlackBerry would have to run a full blown version of Android for the OS and not just the runtime and accept all of the terms that Google has. A special deal for BlackBerry would upset all of Google's OEM partners who have had to comply with Google's terms to get access to Google Play.
    This is probably the truth.
    09-16-14 04:22 PM
    09-16-14 04:29 PM
    Is the forked Android store the Amazon one?

P.s. Flightradar24, Hailo, Uber, GetTaxi, Citymapper, etc all require Google Play Services. None are in the Amazon store.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:42 PM
    Really? 10%? *pensive* please provide some facts to back up your BS.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    Well, in defense of the poster, more and more up to date apps are requiring Google Play Services. There is a larger rift forming between the Amazon App Store and the Google App Store. All that BlackBerry needs to do is not PREVENT us from installing and using Google Play Services. Right now BlackBerry is the blocker. It has nothing to do with Google.

Officially they will never be able to ship the devices with Google Play Services, but if they don't block Google Play Services then we would be completely fine and would have 100% Android app compatibility. This is something that a lot of people don't understand. Google isn't the issue here. BlackBerry does not want to allow Google Play Services to be installed and used on BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    dbeir, KKruglov and sunetos like this.
    09-16-14 04:53 PM
    Well, in defense of the poster, more and more up to date apps are requiring Google Play Services. There is a larger rift forming between the Amazon App Store and the Google App Store. All that BlackBerry needs to do is not PREVENT us from installing and using Google Play Services. Right now BlackBerry is the blocker. It has nothing to do with Google.

Officially they will never be able to ship the devices with Google Play Services, but if they don't block Google Play Services then we would be completely fine and would have 100% Android app compatibility. This is something that a lot of people don't understand. Google isn't the issue here. BlackBerry does not want to allow Google Play Services to be installed and used on BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    In defense of myself. In the post I replied to, the OP stated "only 10% of android apps work " He didn't mention Google play services in that post.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:59 PM

P.s. Flightradar24, Hailo, Uber, GetTaxi, Citymapper, etc all require Google Play Services. None are in the Amazon store.

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm that all those apps you mentioned do work after patching. So, if you are willing to go the extra mile to get those apps working, visit the following threads for more details How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services

How to remove Google Play services dependencies with Lucky Patcher

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    bb1010 and Gearheadaddy like this.
    09-16-14 05:02 PM
    BRAVO for that link kind sir!
    09-16-14 05:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    yes its an entire android store all apps do not have google play services which is why they only have a limited number of all android apps.
    09-17-14 08:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Your right, but what's worse is not actually running a full android device, it's actually complying with google terms.

Information selling, data mining giant policy is in direct contradiction with BlackBerry policy, it will never happen unless BlackBerry caves and delivers a google play edition for consumers, which I believe google wouldn't mind or care, and would actually licence them in.

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    09-17-14 09:18 AM
    PayPal says it requires Google services but just hit the arrow on the bottom of the screen and it works.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 07:35 PM
    Apple was powerful enough to get a deal with Google to run Google Play services outside of a full Android install. It's possible that BlackBerry could reach a similar deal, but not at its current place in the market, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30 running 10.3.0.1154
    09-18-14 10:05 PM
    Apple was powerful enough to get a deal with Google to run Google Play services outside of a full Android install. It's possible that BlackBerry could reach a similar deal, but not at its current place in the market, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30 running 10.3.0.1154
    apple runs native goggle created ios Apps, not android apks. That is the difference. Apple doesn't have to do anything google wants, in fact Google has to do what apple wants in order be on ios.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1154
    09-20-14 11:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    In order to install google services you need root level access to add the google services to the system partition. In order to allow us to sideload google services, BlackBerry would effectively have to compromise the security of bb10 devices. This would give us plenty of cool things we could do but might not be the best marketing decision for BlackBerry considering their reputation is built on security.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:11 AM
    In order to install google services you need root level access to add the google services to the system partition. In order to allow us to sideload google services, BlackBerry would effectively have to compromise the security of bb10 devices. This would give us plenty of cool things we could do but might not be the best marketing decision for BlackBerry considering their reputation is built on security.

Posted via CB10
    Rooting isn't needed. It just BlackBerry add an non-functional stub of Google Services and it can't be removed unless we have root. Installing GPlay Service isn't need root at all

Z10 - 10.3 - STL 100-1
    Sally Mack likes this.
    09-21-14 08:37 AM
    Security issues!!That's why blackberry makes the facebook app for BB10 instead of > the facebook corporation<. The same reason Google play won't be tied to BB10. Too many malware apps in the Google store to just let those apps run wild in blackberry world. Even with guardian apparently.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 03:55 AM
    so do u guys think that we re gonna have two markets ??? bb world and adroid , even now we can run android apps but whats the pros of it ??? we have to do it rather by app from google that we have to pull it through computer to our blackberry or to log in register to amazon . And why google or someone else to accept BB to use their market??? Noway ... The problem is in our world we dont have many developers to update and design BB apps , I dont know why maybe cause all my friends in europe use adroid phones and most of them i-phones , some years ago yes 4 years a go everyone had a bb bold or something no those who had BB's have i-phones full of apps ...Hope blackberry will find a solution to these fast ..
    09-23-14 04:08 AM
    Security issues!!That's why blackberry makes the facebook app for BB10 instead of > the facebook corporation<. The same reason Google play won't be tied to BB10. Too many malware apps in the Google store to just let those apps run wild in blackberry world. Even with guardian apparently.

Posted via CB10
    oh really bb makes the fb app i have many problems with this app it warm's my phone and burns even hands if i use it long . check my other posts...
    09-23-14 04:10 AM
    oh really bb makes the fb app i have many problems with this app it warm's my phone and burns even hands if i use it long . check my other posts...
    Most of us have checked your other posts; and we know you're exaggerating your claim. Any app can potentially make the phone run warmer, of course; but your claim that it gets hot enough to burn your hands is stupid at best and lying at worst.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:24 AM
26 12