I have installed BB OS 10.3.0.700 onto my Z10. It is clearly still a work in progress, but I love what I see so far. I would probably happily run with it (even with a few obvious glitches), except for one thing...

I cannot access the alarm clock and this is a must have!!! Selecting the Alarm button from the swipe down menu simply closes the swipe down menu, returning me to the home screen.

Can anyone offer any solution or work around? I had a look at a few of the alarm apps in BB World as a work around, but there is surprisingly little available and even fewer alarm apps that can run in background.

An official v10.3 has not been released for my region (Australia) yet i.e. I had to manually seek out and install the new version. Perhaps someone could point me to a more reliable later version of 10.3??

BTW... the updated UI is great!
    09-15-14 07:25 AM
    Man try 1154 and it's a full os.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:40 AM
    I have installed BB OS 10.3.0.700 onto my Z10. It is clearly still a work in progress, but I love what I see so far. I would probably happily run with it (even with a few obvious glitches), except for one thing...

I cannot access the alarm clock and this is a must have!!! Selecting the Alarm button from the swipe down menu simply closes the swipe down menu, returning me to the home screen.

Can anyone offer any solution or work around? I had a look at a few of the alarm apps in BB World as a work around, but there is surprisingly little available and even fewer alarm apps that can run in background.

An official v10.3 has not been released for my region (Australia) yet i.e. I had to manually seek out and install the new version. Perhaps someone could point me to a more reliable later version of 10.3??

700 was never meant for the general public. It was a dev OS build
    1000+ builds so far are pretty good. I've personally been on 1154 for few weeks now, and it works wonders
    09-15-14 07:47 AM
    Moved to Leaked/Beta OS forum.

And as stated, 10.3.0.1052 or 10.3.0.1154 would be a wise upgrade.
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-15-14 07:51 AM

10.3.0.700 was not a complete os as many features were missing / removed. It was a developer os meant for programmers to test their apps. Use 10.3.0.1154 if you want something more feature complete and up to date, but keep in mind that it also not meant for public use yet either as it was a leaked release of beta test software. There are no official 10.3.0 releases as of yet.

Posted via CB, secret level Z30
    09-15-14 10:01 AM