Yea... seriously... i know blackberry and google don't really see eye to eye... but imagine if we have official Gmail app? Google Translate app Google maps etc all designed for Blackberry!

I know there was an offical 'Gmail' App for blackberry but it got canned in the end? anyone know the reason....
    09-14-14 02:45 AM
    http://is.gd/JJ4dWb have a read...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    09-14-14 02:58 AM

I know, i saw it... that explains 'WHY' but im asking when? times can change no? hopefully in the far future.... just seems damn unfair to BBOS if IOS/ANDROID can have them.

One thing that was annoying... Google stopped development of the 'Gmail' Application. absolutely disgusting.
    09-14-14 03:08 AM
    http://is.gd/JJ4dWb have a read...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Ah, so in other words, Google sees both BB10 as well as Windows Phone as...EVIL (Imagine that!) for not playing ball with them!
    09-14-14 03:14 AM
    Google... heh they wouldn't give the chance for BB to shine.... but still BBOS is far more secure than Android.
    09-14-14 03:34 AM
    When there are 200 million BB10 users then you'll probably see some Google apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 04:02 AM
    BlackBerry won't join the consortium because they are a security company and Google main business is selling your information.

There are better apps out there that do the same thing. Oh and you can keep your privacy

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 08:34 AM
    Hopefully never. Why would you want intentionally installed malware on your phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 08:37 AM
    Google store is good for regional app, like banking app, parking app etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 08:55 AM
    Let's look at this from the point of view of a company that has moved to Google Apps for Business. Blackberry has always had great integration into MS Office products as they represented a vast majority of business users. This is changing and Google Apps is becoming a platform of choice for Education, Not for Profits and SME's. If Blackberry wants to be the business device then they should support Google Apps.
    - For the basic Google Apps functions like email, Calendar and Contacts these integrate into BB10 OK (although google sync (active sync) does not provide remote search you need to use imap for remote search).
    - BB10 needs to bring back label management and archiving as we had in BBOS.
    - What I miss is not having native access to my Google Drive files, through both a cloud storage app and with DTG for editing.
    - BB also needs to integrate Hangouts into either BBM or through a separate app.
    I can live without Keep and Play. I use Google Maps without the login service and youtube works fine within BB10. SNAP provides me with any Apps that might be missing from BBWorld (although for me that is not many).
    What BB10 is missing is some capabilities that allow businesses who use Google Apps to have the same basic experience/services as using Office in both standalone and BES environments.
    09-14-14 08:58 AM
    This is changing and Google Apps is becoming a platform of choice for Education, Not for Profits and SME's.
    I beg to differ about Google Apps being the platform of "choice". Office 365 is making tremendous progress in those areas and I don't think either company has the advantage over the other.

I would argue it's on Google to provide integration into relatively new services such as Google Hangouts, something they are not likely to do any time soon for a platform they see as not worth their tone.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    09-14-14 11:50 AM
    Guess it comes to having a "brand name" app and services as opposed to a third party... many consider third party apps inferior which amazing me as there are many third part apps I personally "my oppinion only" thqt in many ways are superior in someways.... Why do those who keep clamoring for Google services, simply go out and by a droid..,. then you do not have all this angst about what you are missing.... quite simply ... you bought a BB... which means you know what you bought and what it does.... not run all Android apps or services.... after all it is a Blackberry not a Sammy....
    09-14-14 12:01 PM
    It's not when. It's if. And the answer is never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Never ever ever ever. Never

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 02:35 PM
    Hopefully NEVER!!!!!!!!!
    One of the reasons I chose BlackBerry was independence from Google. Gmail? Bah. Hub is way better.
    If you want that and you feel that you miss it, go get a droid. No offense.

Z10/white/100-2/10.2.1.3247
    09-14-14 04:54 PM
    BlackBerry won't join the consortium because they are a security company and Google main business is selling your information.
    LOL.
    09-14-14 08:26 PM
    Hopefully NEVER for obvious reasons. BlackBerry please don't sell my information!

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    09-15-14 12:19 AM