Hi all...I have the 8330 Curve with Sprint.
    For some reason, my BB keeps wiping my call logs, my text msgs and my emails multiple times throughout the day. I am not deleting them myself and my BB usually is locked when it happens. Can anyone help??
    Pin #31B1F192

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 04:42 PM
    Common memory issue. Read through the memory opt in my signature and it will fix all your problems.
    11-16-08 04:43 PM
    Op is on WAP. You can't see signatures.

11-16-08 04:48 PM
    Good point, I always forget to look for that! Here you go:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    11-16-08 04:49 PM
    A frequent battery pull will help as well.
    11-16-08 04:50 PM
    Clear your browser cache for starters.
    Open browser> Menu> Options> Cache Operations> Clear

I clear all except the cookies, I'm to slow to log in every time I return to a site I frequent.

When you gt a chance read the optimize your memory thread in the Tips & How To area.
    11-16-08 04:56 PM
    Also, always be sure to close apps appropriately.

Instead of pressing the ESC key, always press the Menu key, then the Close option.

Otherwise, the apps stay open in the background, taking up memory. Particulary big memory consumers are: Facebook, Viigo, etc. among others.
    11-16-08 05:21 PM
    Well done everyone!! The only thing I would add is that Shan needs to learn to check his file free number, go to Options>status. Your file free number should be at or above 12mb. Also periodically check the file free and do a reset and clear your cache and log when it looks low. Instead of a battery pull, you can do a hard, or soft reset. The hard reset works about as well as a bat pull, but you don't have to open your device. Every once in a while, a battery pull will toast a device, so be careful. Here are instructions for everyone's advice from my help sheet ,

To free memory when device begins to auto delete

Reset Curve: press alt>right shift>delete keys at the same time.

Hard Reset: press the alt>right shift>delete keys again after the BlackBerry's screen lights up after the first reset.

Clear the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

Photo Save to Media Card: Open camera> push menu key> select options> select store pictures on media card. There are also several other photo settings in this menu box

Here's a different memory guide to look over:

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

11-16-08 06:17 PM
    Wow! Thanks to everyone for their help! I've been keeping a lot of apps open in the background, so I think that has a lot to do with it. Thanks again!
    Pin 31B1F192

11-16-08 06:37 PM
    I put the photo save to card instructions there because I learned a valuable lesson this weekend. A friend of mine was visiting this weekend. She has a pearl, so of course I had to play around with it, . I checked her file free and it was 6.5 mb ! I looked everywhere and couldn't figure out why it was so low -- until I explored media! She had 12 super fine large pictures stored in device memory! I moved them to her media card and her file free shot up to 17.5mb. Always watch what you store in device memory.

11-16-08 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD