I just purchased a Z10 three weeks back, and its a Godly phone, but im so slow at typing. I wanted to get a q10 but it was 100 dollars expensive than Z10.

My previous phones were all qwerty (E63, E71, Xperia Pro)

I will make a saving of 300$ hopefully this month, but not sure if I should get rid of my z10 already so quickly just for a keyboard.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    09-13-14 04:45 PM
    You can always look on ebay they can be had for cheap now and in the long run when its time to give it up your initial investment won't be too bad. Same goes for the z10 I would've just got a used one.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 05:00 PM
    You can always look on ebay they can be had for cheap now and in the long run when its time to give it up your initial investment won't be too bad. Same goes for the z10 I would've just got a used one.

Posted via CB10
    Ebay doesn't work in Pakistan. So...

09-13-14 05:07 PM
    I came to the Q from E71. Just do it. If you were a fan of the E, you will love the keyboard of the Q.

Posted via CB10
    TheB123 likes this.
    09-13-14 06:11 PM
    I would say obsolete pretty darrn ffastt if they don't get that stutter ffixed oon the keyboard. (I left it in rather than fix it) sometimes I'll be ttypinng and you would nnot believe how many repeats of one letter my Q10 can lay out!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 06:24 PM
    the Q10 is already starting to get obsolete. the classic and passport coming so most places will drop the q10 pretty quickly if they carry those 2 keyboard devices
    09-13-14 06:26 PM
    Here in the Philippines you'd be hard-pressed to find a BB10 device. Carriers want nothing to do with it. I'm just glad I got my hands on my Q10 beforehand.

From my beloved BlackBerry Q10
    09-13-14 06:31 PM
    If I were you i'd wait and just save up. Then sell the Z10 together with what you saved and go for either a passport or a classic!

Posted with my selfmade QZ1030
    09-13-14 07:57 PM
    I had to use a z10 when I broke my screen and half of it was not visible. I liked the bigger screen on the z for a some stuff but it when the keyboard was there it was actually smaller. Anyway I fixed my Q and like it so much better. I can type stuff again, I tried to avoid it with the z10 and found it very tough to do without a so many mistakes. Plus the battery on the Q10 is so much better as well. I know its a tough call when you money is tight and easy for me to tell you to spend yours. So good luck and hopefully you will get a good buck for your z10 if you buy a different one. As far as being obsolete in a year why would it? You will still be able to call and text and bbm, get email like any other phone. The new ones don't improve that much.
    TheB123 likes this.
    09-13-14 08:17 PM
    It will be obsolete but you won't feel it as not many people really use it. If you use a galaxy s or iphone you'll feel how obsolete it will become after a year.

via Q10
    09-13-14 11:44 PM
    It will be obsolete but you won't feel it as not many people really use it. If you use a galaxy s or iphone you'll feel how obsolete it will become after a year.

via Q10
    This is exactly what I have in mind!

I guess ill save up some more and see how the Classic is. Don't think passport will fit in my jeans.

09-14-14 03:07 AM
    If I were you i'd wait and just save up. Then sell the Z10 together with what you saved and go for either a passport or a classic!

Posted with my selfmade QZ1030
    This seems like a nice idea, but passport is too big and Classic should be new to me since I have never used a track pad.

09-14-14 03:09 AM
    It depends on how you see the term "obsolete". In terms of future support, the Q is now almost one and a half year old. We know it will recieve at least one major software update later this year in form of 10.3.1 but it is not known what will happen later. Will it get 10.4 or just some smaller maintanence releases and bug fixes? The same also applies to your Z10 btw.

In terms of hardware of course the Q10 is. Again like your Z10, kind of outdated from todays view. Yet again the specs are still somewhere in the mid-tier pricerange of devices. So first it is not like this is completely and hopelessly out of date (by far not!) and second it still performs very well, according to some people even with 10.3 installed.

Last but not least, like arlene_t posted right before me, there is the personal obsolete feeling. I agree with Samsungs and Apple devices and all the heavy buzz around them, it is much more tempting getting your yearly device upgrade instead of keep using the phone. With the mefia raging all over it and people out there walking around with the new stuff in their hands everywhere, you kind of always see you are using and outdated device.
    With not too many BlackBerry phones around out there, you use kind of an exotic device anyways. You modt likely won't see many people on the streets walking around with Passports and Classics in their hands.

PS: Around here the Z10 is being phased out already. I was thinking about getting one for my girlfriend and I just checked prices again only to notice three things: Prices went up by roughly 10%, the amount of shops offering it got cut by roughly half of the sources compared to a month ago and many big players don't even list it anymore. I don't know what kind of plans BBRY has for the Q10, but it might see similar effects by the end of this year.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    09-14-14 03:24 AM
    I can see the Q10 lasting a fair bit... i would say by 2018 people will still use it. christ... maybe 2023? lol

Just look at the 'BOLD9900' people still using that.
    09-14-14 03:35 AM
    I bought a bnib q, on ebay. Maybe it is quite easy for you to get it from an Indian online retailer?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    09-14-14 03:36 AM
    All of us who love BlackBerry have minimal needs like telephony, emails, social apps etc. That's what we do most and our BlackBerry is the reason why we "Love what we do". To be honest, even a curve can handle these tasks well. Needs of people like us will most likely remain same even after a year or two. I don't see any reason for a Q10 to be outdated for us. For the rest of the world, it's already outdated. People into multimedia and gaming are the ones who need frequent upgrades. Well for all of us here, till we receive mails, calls and reply to a lot of our texts, the Q10 can never go out of fashion. (:

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kanungoash; 09-14-14 at 06:04 AM.
    TheB123 likes this.
    09-14-14 05:49 AM
    I've just purchased a Q and hope I can see a years of use from it then I'll probably grab a passport or whatever BlackBerry have on the books.

However, if BlackBerry are using the Q10 internals and framework for the new Porsche design phone you'd expect BlackBerry are going to support the Q for another 1-2 years. As long as they support the Q5 they'll support the Q10. Hopefully for many years too come.

Posted by my Special Edition Q10
    09-14-14 07:23 AM
    The concept of a phone being obsolete is mostly just BS from the tech companies who want to flog more gear. If it still does all the things that you bought it to do then it is not obsolete. Only when it starts being unable to do those things is it truly past its sell by date. Otherwise it is just a fashion thing and BlackBerry are already out of fashion!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 07:33 AM
    I have a Nokia 6230i that still stands up to everything I ask of it with a terrific battery life and great call quality. Your Q10 could be as obsolete as that.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 07:54 AM
    I think I'll be using the Q10 for a while but i'll tell my story as to why the Z10 will still serve you well for the time being.

I was new to BlackBerry starting with the Torch 9800 so I was able to have the full touchscreen and slide out keyboard. Years later I moved to the Bold 9790 since I liked it being smaller than the Bold 9900.

I was excited for the new BB10 but had my doubts on the virtual keyboard for the Z10 since I had terrible experiences with my Android, iOS, Windows mobile devices. So I walked out to the store on launch day to test out the Z10 and I was so impressed with the typing experience that was so much better than Android's Swiftkey and Swype keyboards.

So I decided on getting the Z10 and got really good with the BB10 predictive text and flicking up off the keyboard that I was matching my typing speed on my previous Bold. However, a part of me still longed for the physical keyboard for better accuracy, the Q10 battery was better and the form factor was more comfortable in my hand especially when I was on long phone calls.

What I really want is a Q10 with the ability to flick up words on the keyboard and a trackpad. So the Passport has this technology (don't think the Classic has it) but I'm hesitant due to the size for a daily driver for communications.

I still own the Z10 and use it from time to time when I miss the virtual keyboard and want to watch videos or play games on it. I would recommend you get a BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle to help you last a day with the Z10.

As someone said, you can save up and then sell your Z10 along with it when you want to upgrade. So enjoy your Z10!

Posted via CB10
    TheB123 likes this.
    09-14-14 09:07 AM
    One other thing I want to note is how good the BlackBerry build quality and durability of the hardware is. The BB10 software is optimized for the BB10 devices that they will get a long run even with the OS upgrades.

I can't say the same for my legacy Android and iOS devices especially when I do OS upgrades on them.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:15 AM
    Just change the keyborad... and say bye to those issues.
    09-15-14 12:50 PM
    Just change the keyboard, and kiss your nightmare goodbye!
    09-15-14 12:51 PM
    If you can make and receive calls, text messages, emails, surf the Web all without the device crashing, then I wouldn't worry about it being obsolete. There's somebody somewhere in this world still using old school BB's (OS 5, OS 6, OS 7.1) and it's almost 2015. If it still meets YOUR needs, keep it. If not, find the device that does.
    09-15-14 02:03 PM
    It's a phone. Depending on your uses for it it can be obsolete already or not for a decade - assuming your keyboard lasts that long.

CB10 on the Q10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    09-16-14 02:18 AM