Hey All...no doubt I'm not the only one anticipating this release, but has anyone seen or heard even a whimper from anyone at Rogers about the Passport? The poor carrier support for Blackberry (or is it the other way around?) makes me nervous about this release. It's difficult to even find anything about a Blackberry at the Rogers.com site - very sad.
    09-13-14 08:30 AM
    I think you will need to wait until after the 24th to see anything

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    09-13-14 09:47 AM
    Hey All...no doubt I'm not the only one anticipating this release, but has anyone seen or heard even a whimper from anyone at Rogers about the Passport? The poor carrier support for Blackberry (or is it the other way around?) makes me nervous about this release. It's difficult to even find anything about a Blackberry at the Rogers.com site - very sad.
    Www.rogers.com, under the wireless section, select phones and devices, and every current device is listed, fairly easy to find on that page:

Any Rogers Passport advertisement spottings?-img_20140913_114053.png

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 10:42 AM
    Okay, thanks...it's still sad to see not one BB in Roger's 'Featured Devices' section...lots of others.... I hope that will change big time with the Passport and Classics on the way!
    09-15-14 02:52 PM
    It better change if they do not carry the up coming classic I will be leaving after many years They are all about I phones and large contracts right now .
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-16-14 07:21 AM
    They better be supporting blackberry. They claimed to be the first, bell and telus second.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-23-14 07:21 PM
    Rogers would be stupid to not stock BlackBerry devices. Many small firms still prefer the BlackBerry devices for their data security, and could drop Rogers as their carrier, because there is no updated BlackBerry devices. That could mean a drop in revenues on the business side of their wireless portfolio. Which I really can't see Rogers wanting to lose market share to Telus or Bell.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry 10 on Rogers wireless
    09-24-14 09:41 AM
    Still nothing on the website, checked today, refreshed using incognito mode (google chrome), same smack, no difference. They don't even have the passport shown at all. Wonder if there is a thread already posted about this? Nobody has been bugging them on their facebook page either (I'm too lazy to check! :P). If they don't stock it, bam, they're flanked.

09-25-14 07:09 AM
    Will be available on Rogers and Bell and delivered by Oct. 1st if u pre-order

BlackBerry launches Passport phone, Blend app - Business - CBC News
    09-25-14 12:39 PM
    09-25-14 01:31 PM
    I am a bit concerned the newest BlackBerry Passport will only support up to a maximum of 64 GB microSD card. There are already 128 GB cards on the market or soon to b be released to market. And where the heck is my ESCape key? How am I supposed to edit a file on a *nix server without ESCape? With no ConTRoL key I cannot even use nano to edit text files.
    09-26-14 01:49 PM
    I think it can, to be honest. The device simply formats it to fat32, with a 4gb file size limit. Thing is, as to why microsoft charges so much for the licensing of exFAT, I think that's why it's not supported in BB10 natively yet. GNU/Linux only just got support for it recently with some forms of an open implementation.
    09-26-14 02:00 PM
    The Passport is listed on the Rogers website, but it's not been featured yet which surprises me since the iPhone 6/6+ has been featured since release date.
    10-04-14 07:29 PM
    They better be supporting blackberry. They claimed to be the first, bell and telus second.

I'd like to know what exactly happened with Rogers to royally mess up the1st release contract with BlackBerry!?!? Rogers use to get the Canadian exclusives on ALL new BlackBerry devices.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-09-14 12:11 PM
    I have been told today by one of the office of the president reps that the interest is shifted towards iphones..what a shame.. when the Z10 was coming out, I was invited with breakfast with Rogers CEO as well as BlackBerry CEO at the time

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:08 PM
    No support from Rogers for BB no support from us..
    I have been told today by one of the office of the president reps that the interest is shifted towards iphones..what a shame.. when the Z10 was coming out, I was invited with breakfast with Rogers CEO as well as BlackBerry CEO at the time

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Without sounding like a ****.......YOU THINK????

Their focus has been iPhone for a very long time.

Basically once apple launched the original iPhone Rogers has been pumping apple like nothing else.

I remember I called in to purchase a bold 9700 when they came out and the rep tried non stop to switch me to an iPhone. Even offered to let me out of my existing contract, give me the phone for free and send it to me right away!

it's a pretty simple situation.

Apple created a massive data consuming machine with the iPhone.

BlackBerry's data was compressed and used very little.

Which do you think Rogers is gonna push?

The one that will make them the most money when "Joe user" consumes more and more data and needs a bigger data plan.

Posted via CB10
    wilber1, car474 and Sue Coleman like this.
    10-15-14 09:14 AM
    Without sounding like a ****.......YOU THINK????

Their focus has been iPhone for a very long time.

Basically once apple launched the original iPhone Rogers has been pumping apple like nothing else.

I remember I called in to purchase a bold 9700 when they came out and the rep tried non stop to switch me to an iPhone. Even offered to let me out of my existing contract, give me the phone for free and send it to me right away!

it's a pretty simple situation.

Apple created a massive data consuming machine with the iPhone.

BlackBerry's data was compressed and used very little.

Which do you think Rogers is gonna push?

The one that will make them the most money when "Joe user" consumes more and more data and needs a bigger data plan.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I completely agree. When my Z10 broke they tried non stop to get me to get a iPhone. Even offered me a free one even and when I wanted to upgrade to my Z30 it was hell getting it as well had enormous pressure to get a s4 n iPhone I told them if I wanted crap I would go check my bathroom. BB4EVR

Send from the amazing powers of the? ? Z30
    11-05-14 09:16 AM