I noticed my Q10 has been rebooting itself, twice so far since yesterday. Also, instead of a picture password, it prompted me for the device password instead.

Is my Q10 sick?

EDIT: I'm using 10.2 stock. No apps installed since last week which were stapler stealer, dr who soundboard, and password keeper.
    09-12-14 04:46 PM
    09-12-14 04:49 PM
    Thanks but no, it's not a loose battery.

Dropped this twice before and neither incident elicited a reboot. The reboots occurred when the phone was resting on the table.
    09-12-14 05:48 PM

Dropped this twice before and neither incident elicited a reboot. The reboots occurred when the phone was resting on the table.
    What os? Some phones have defects but it's not a virus

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 05:54 PM
    Try a new battery. It cured it for me on one of our Q10 which had worked great for close to a year.

If the new battery doesn't fix it, try a software reload, though it sounds like a hardware problem. If neither a new battery or software reload fixes it, you probably need to get it serviced.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 06:17 PM

I've had the same thing happen to my Q10 while it's just sitting on my desk. I will look over at my device and it's rebooting. I have also had my Q take flight from my hand and hit the deck...no reboot. So I don't think it's a loose battery... :-) It hasn't happened for a while now but this random reboot has occurred on occasion over the year plus I have had my Q.

Bob

Posted Via CB 10 With One Of My Unlocked BlackBerries>Q10-SQN100-5/10.2.1.3247>Z10-STL100-3/10.2.1.3337 On AT&T
    fpjones3 likes this.
    09-12-14 06:38 PM
    What os?
    Are you referring to the version? I'm on 10.2.1.2977.

Try a new battery. It cured it for me on one of our Q10 which had worked great for close to a year.

If the new battery doesn't fix it, try a software reload, though it sounds like a hardware problem. If neither a new battery or software reload fixes it, you probably need to get it serviced.
    I'll see if I can order a new battery within the week. Hopefully, I wouldn't to reload or get it serviced. Thanks!
    09-12-14 07:08 PM
    My Z10 would just reboot on me sporadically, I would look over and see it rebooting. After a security wipe, the reboot issue stopped.

Posted via the CrackBerry App!
    09-12-14 08:14 PM
    Swapped batteries and back to the original battery. So far, I haven't seen it reboot itself. Yet. Hopefully, no need to wipe it either.

Thanks all!
    09-15-14 11:42 PM