09-12-14 02:43 AM
    I want to hear more about this for sure.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    09-12-14 03:32 AM
    Yes they did, this is a major plus for 1 device for work and play.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:37 AM
    This was another very smart move by Chen. It fits well into Chen's focus on needs of enterprise.

As to Apple, let's face it, it was pretty much a dud launch. Their name will carry them but they just seem to be following the crowd. The hardware changes were uninspiring and iOS is no longer competitive or flexible enough to deal with the major changes in mobile computing. The Apple pay idea will bring in a little revenue but it will never see wide spread adoption given its proprietary nature.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 and Playbook007 like this.
    09-12-14 07:51 AM
    Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.... What are the passport first week sales gonna look like? Apple's been on its deathbed for the past 5 years according to Crackberry, yet the iPhone 6 have already sold out in preorders.
    When you're looking at declines in market share wait for the 10 year mark. Blackberry was still quite profitable 10 or more years after the first BlackBerry.

I think Apple has not produced any innovation since the ipod really. They took a fantastic device and added a cell phone antenna to it. I will add the apps (of scale) to this innovation also as they deserve credit for that.

If you look at BlackBerry's profits between 2000 and 2010/2011 you will see they were at their peak just before it all fell apart. Apple is no different, from 2007 to 2017 is what I'm guessing although this time frame can, and does, get shorter as time goes on and the smartphone market matures. Apple hasn't innovated in years and this does catch up eventually, they are just in a better position financially to ride it through longer, but not indefinitely.

Tim

Posted via CB10 app on my Q10
    09-12-14 08:30 AM
    ^ agreed. BlackBerry has an excellent plan and is executing it.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 08:40 AM
    Well, well, well...finally a precise, well aimed strike at Android AND iOS by Blackberry. And let's be honest, who here wouldn't love the idea of two numbers on one ultra secure and uber capable BB10 based device??

Oh ya, I forgot...that'd be the "App Generation" who can't live without saying "Okay Google" or looking at their "Smart Watch" to check their emails and texts on a minuscule screen ON PURPOSE!! I just don't understand that logic, I must truly be missing something.
    09-12-14 08:45 AM
    It's Google, not BlackBerry, that Apple has everything to worry about.
    09-12-14 08:55 AM
    Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.... What are the passport first week sales gonna look like? Apple's been on its deathbed for the past 5 years according to Crackberry, yet the iPhone 6 have already sold out in preorders.
    I've been here a couple of years, though I have not read every single thread, I do not recall reading any such proclamation that Apple is on it's death bed in the last 5 years. If BlackBerry still alive today, Apple is far cry from being on it's death bed. I would question anyone sanity to make such outlandish statement. For you to even use that to prop up your argument is no less ridiculous. An established company does not look at just today's number or five years down the road. It's the longevity of it beyond decades. The video is about the potential for BlackBerry to capitalize on the cell phone market should hardware no longer be part of the company's equation.
    09-12-14 08:56 AM
    Well, well, well...finally a precise, well aimed strike at Android AND iOS by Blackberry. And let's be honest, who here wouldn't love the idea of two numbers on one ultra secure and uber capable BB10 based device??

Oh ya, I forgot...that'd be the "App Generation" who can't live without saying "Okay Google" or looking at their "Smart Watch" to check their emails and texts on a minuscule screen ON PURPOSE!! I just don't understand that logic, I must truly be missing something.
    Even better, and what the video emphasizes; this isn't a strike AT android and iOS. It's blackberry saying fine, use those phones but we will have the services businesses need to manage, secure, and actually separate work phones from play phones without needing two phones.
    09-12-14 08:58 AM
    It's asking me to update flash. Video not working

Z10
    09-12-14 08:59 AM
    This was another very smart move by Chen. It fits well into Chen's focus on needs of enterprise.

As to Apple, let's face it, it was pretty much a dud launch. Their name will carry them but they just seem to be following the crowd. The hardware changes were uninspiring and iOS is no longer competitive or flexible enough to deal with the major changes in mobile computing. The Apple pay idea will bring in a little revenue but it will never see wide spread adoption given its proprietary nature.

Posted via CB10
    Whats proprietary about using the Applepay? The terminals already exist. Google Wallet, Applepay and Isis wallet all use the same protocols. Apple just negotiated better fees. Which helps everyone.
    09-12-14 09:01 AM
    Apple probably sold more smartphones last night than Blackberry will sell in the next year. I think they will be OK.
    09-12-14 09:02 AM
    Really? I don't see the majority of BlackBerry users stating Apple is dead, nor that the iphone 6 will not sell millions upon millions. As hard to as it is to admit, us BlackBerry users do concede that the iphone 6 sales will bury that of of the passport, and Apple will be around for a long time, where as BlackBerry is still in recovery mode. However, and I think this is the underlying point that may have prompted you to lash out so to speak is the fact that the media, shareholders and BlackBerry users are beginning to understand where John Chen is heading, and they are buying into the concept. While Apple continues to go down the path of more devices, BlackBerry is heading down the path of "One device " that will utilize other devices on other platforms. I believe it is this concept, and the reality that it is unfolding that has Apple users worried that BlackBerry and John Chen are onto something good.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:15 AM
    Apple probably sold more smartphones last night than Blackberry will sell in the next year. I think they will be OK.
    Ya we know that already and I stayed up late!

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    09-12-14 09:20 AM
    For those having trouble with the video playing, try it on your z10/q10/z30. It worked on my z10 but any browsers on my computer.
    09-12-14 09:25 AM
    very cool to see how the market is reacting to this purchase, its like people are actually shifting to see BlackBerry as something different.
    09-12-14 09:29 AM
    It's asking me to update flash. Video not working

Z10
    Don't use the CB10 app to view the link, open it with your browser. Video works fine.

Posted via CB10 - (Z10 w/ OS 10.3)
    Paul Brown5 likes this.
    09-12-14 09:54 AM
    The only thing I worry about is that BlackBerry is this could be yet another step closer to BlackBerry bailing on hardware and the death of BB10.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-12-14 10:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Needs that has been fulfilled by Google Voice and app like Burner for quite some time.
    09-12-14 10:05 AM
    Needs that has been fulfilled by Google Voice and app like Burner for quite some time.
    That's a very scrappy "work around" that would never suffice in an enterprise environment.

In addition neither of those two apps actually create separate conduits for both data usage and talk time. They still rely on the one data/talk plan subscribed by the one sim card in the device.

This acquisition will let companies deploy corporate data and calling plans on employees' personal devices, without the need for the employee to give up their personal plan, or rely entirely on their personal plans and then go through the headaches of filing for reimbursement on call charges/data usage after the fact.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    09-12-14 10:15 AM
    I want to hear more about this for sure.

Posted via CB10
    So do I. And I want to know what Motorola thinks about it too. One of my first cell phones was a Star Tac flip phone, which allowed up to FOUR different numbers. Perhaps the way it will be accomplished with BlackBerry is new, but I'm not sure why this is being treated as a bright new idea - especially if you're still restricted to a single carrier. Dual/multi Nam phones aren't new. I'm pretty sure that was almost 20 years ago. I remember it so well because Verizon customer service reps always insisted the feature didn't exist - until I ran my issue up the line. Ahhh...good times...
    09-12-14 10:28 AM
    Using the search tool reveals such sentiments. It's as if Apple is to blame for Blackberrys failure. Yet, these are the same people who back in 08/09 felt people purchased the iPhone for eye candy, and that Apple putting WIFI on a mobile phone was dumb, as they didn't want their Blackberrys to have such cause they use their mobile connections for internet

To be honest, most Apple users don't even know Blackberry still exist. They are not worried about Blackberry, whatsoever.
    You know just the last couple of weeks, Betty White the aged actress had been pronounced dead many times. So were many celebrities who are still alive. Talk about scraping at the the bottom of the barrel. I'm sure many ridiculous statements been made about other platforms as well. My point is Apple sales on Iphone need no defending. The numbers speak for itself. OP post about that video has nothing to do with sales of hardware.
    spikesolie and Playbook007 like this.
    09-12-14 11:01 AM
    Need to update flash player? :/
    Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1154

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 11:07 AM
    Even better, and what the video emphasizes; this isn't a strike AT android and iOS. It's blackberry saying fine, use those phones but we will have the services businesses need to manage, secure, and actually separate work phones from play phones without needing two phones.
    You are just saying that Blackberry no longer need the hardware and I think it is what Chen has been trying to do all along.
    I would never carry just one phone I am not interested to let my employer know where I am at at all times even when I am off work.
    09-12-14 11:09 AM
54 123