Help!! Something happened to my Z10.

Quick Background on it, I purchased it this past December when Blackberry blew them out for $200, to replace my Torch I had on AT&T. Also had to wait a few days to get it up and running on T-Mobile(Don't hate, it was the wife's account I added it to) since I needed a micro-SIM for it.

So until this past month, there's been no issues with the phone, but in the last month, I've noticed that one of my OEM Wall Chargers suddenly gives me a BSOD if move it the wrong way. Fast forward to today, when the phone was sitting on my lap, charging when it suddenly just stopped. I've tried everything short of a voodoo incantation and summoning the spirit of Nicolai Tesla. I'm afraid that if the battery is fried, I can't get one back fast enough and if the whole phone is fried, that I'm SOL and will be forced to take the wife's Windows phone.

Any ideas to try to save it?or should I start praying that I win one of the Passports?
    09-11-14 09:22 PM
    Pull battery out, then try to connect to link. If it is recognized, then reload the OS. Or try a new battery.
    09-11-14 09:34 PM
    Pull battery out, then try to connect to link. If it is recognized, then reload the OS. Or try a new battery.
    That was the first thing I did, in fact I did it twice, and also tried starting the phone with just the wall charger, which I know the phone is able to do. Nothing. I plugged it into another OEM Charger in my bedroom for about three hours, thinking it was just a spontaneous discharge of the battery, nothing...

I fear this phone has ceased to be, it is no more, it's rung down the curtain and joined the Bleedin' Choir Invisible...
    (Sorry, but when I get really stressed, I start quoting Monty Python)
    09-12-14 07:29 AM
    That was the first thing I did, in fact I did it twice, and also tried starting the phone with just the wall charger, which I know the phone is able to do. Nothing. I plugged it into another OEM Charger in my bedroom for about three hours, thinking it was just a spontaneous discharge of the battery, nothing...

I fear this phone has ceased to be, it is no more, it's rung down the curtain and joined the Bleedin' Choir Invisible...
    (Sorry, but when I get really stressed, I start quoting Monty Python)
    Wow. That's too bad. I'm sure there is still something that you can do though. Do you have a spare battery? If you think the battery is fried. And are you still under warranty? If you do, it's time to claim it.
    09-12-14 09:14 AM
    If one of your chargers was giving you a blue screen... well did you pull the battery while the screen was Blue? (don't). I would put that charger in retirement. Have you tried another battery as was suggested above?
    09-12-14 10:17 AM
    Try pulling the battery overnight. It worked for my wife and a friend.

BB Proud
    09-12-14 10:20 AM
    I've seen this start to happen more frequently around here. There's a thread that describes how to try to revive a dead Z10 using an autoloader, and plugging in to the USB port at the exact right time.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 10:24 AM
    I tried all of those options, the computer didn't even register that the phone was connected, BlackBerry Help on Twitter was completely clueless, saying my software wasn't able to run on T-Mobile's network, which was bull, since I had no issues with the network since I got the phone Directly from BlackBerry during that Christmas sale when they were blowing them out for $200.

At least the T-Mobile Tech Support was more understanding, even though I had a direct buy phone, they at least got me the numbers for Repair and Returns and customer service as well. Will make another update after I talk to them
    09-16-14 03:46 PM
    Help!! Something happened to my Z10.

Quick Background on it, I purchased it this past December when Blackberry blew them out for $200, to replace my Torch I had on AT&T. Also had to wait a few days to get it up and running on T-Mobile(Don't hate, it was the wife's account I added it to) since I needed a micro-SIM for it.
    . I've tried everything short of a voodoo incantation and summoning the spirit of Nicolai Tesla..

Any ideas to try to save it?or should I start praying that I win one of the Passports?
    Lol I like u, ur z10 bricked n u still have a sense of humor lol

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 01:12 AM
    If your Z10 was running OS version 10.2.1.3175 at the time the phone stopped, this KB article may be relevant: Fully depleted battery may not charge when BlackBerry 10 smartphone is connected to charger
    Last edited by eywong; 09-19-14 at 02:33 PM.
    09-17-14 03:45 AM
    You have to keep a sense of humor when what is essentially your primary business platform goes tits up. But the good news is that after an hour on the phone with Blackberry Customer Service, They're taking the phone back to attempt to repair it and barring a spontaneous regeneration, I'm more than likely getting a new phone, maybe a Z30? We'll see
    09-18-14 11:38 AM
    UPDATE : Here we go again, only this time, I have a bad feeling that this one was the big one. Friday, I'm checking email before a doctor's appointment, when the screen suddenly froze and slow-faded to black, as if someone pulled the plug on a video game console.

The phone won't boot again. This one arrived not more than two weeks ago after the previous one was sent for replacement. I'm pretty sure that the battery went poof on me because the phone would have that red charge light pop up.

Thoughts, ideas, comments?
    10-19-14 12:43 PM
    You can either try bblink or an autoloader. Could your charger be burning something out?
    10-19-14 10:13 PM
    If your Z10 was running OS version 10.2.1.3175 at the time the phone stopped, this KB article may be relevant: Fully depleted battery may not charge when BlackBerry 10 smartphone is connected to charger
    What a strange bug.

Battery was a problem on the Z10 but this is a new level. Haha.

They say the Z30 is better so you should go for it, OP. I'd personally go for a Q10 because I really like the keyboard. I got a Z10 because I was low on cash.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:06 PM
    It happened on my Z10, it wouldn't reboot so I used BBLink on my computer and it fixed it...but I lost everything cause I didn't do a backup before ��#!!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:13 PM