Hi all,
    I'm trying to send out a notice using the playbook email. The email is going to 70 people, so I created a mail list, but I can't get the blue edit tab to show up on the 'to' line, so that I can paste the 70 addresses, rather than type them all in. Has anyone done this?
    Thanks for any help.
    09-11-14 01:32 PM
    Nobody can answer this? I can't because I don't have Messages on my Playbook. But I can say that using the Playbook's other email app, I.e. android Email (part of the android runtime) it does allow you to paste into the address box. It also has a bcc function (from your other thread). Android Email can be accessed using Ghost Commander, Quick App Manger, and a few other apps.
    castoridae likes this.
    09-11-14 04:54 PM
    Type in the very first email address you have. The next name from your list can be copy/pasted by tapping in the area following that first name you typed in. Tap again just past the flashing cursor that appears. That is the way to do it one name at a time.

(I believe the following will work) for that whole list all together, each email name must first be in this format: <[email protected]>, The address is enclosed by these three characters < >, then there is a space after that comma. Copy your entire list once you've done the above formatting and then paste into the 'To' line and hit Return.

You might want to try the whole list altogether idea with three or four addresses first before you commit to all seventy.
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-11-14 08:30 PM
    Type in the very first email address you have. The next name from your list can be copy/pasted by tapping in the area following that first name you typed in. Tap again just past the flashing cursor that appears. That is the way to do it one name at a time.

(I believe the following will work) for that whole list all together, each email name must first be in this format: <[email protected]>, The address is enclosed by these three characters < >, then there is a space after that comma. Copy your entire list once you've done the above formatting and then paste into the 'To' line and hit Return.

You might want to try the whole list altogether idea with three or four addresses first before you commit to all seventy.
    I created the list with the <email>, as you said, but after entering the first address, or even a couple of letters, as soon as I hit the space beside it, the entry becomes an address, even if it is just one lettter, the entire e-address. Tried it with and without the <> it doesn't seem to matter what you type, as soon as you hit the space following, it automatically turns the entry into an email address enclosed in a square.
    09-11-14 09:17 PM
    Each address will appear in a separate box. Here is an attached example. I made up three emails in the body of the email, copied all three together, then pasted them into the 'To' line. All three appeared.

Can you cut and paste email addresses into the 'to' line on the playbook email?-img_20131936.png

Also, just noticed that you don't need to type in the first address, either. Just tap on the 'To' line, then a bit to the right of the cursor that appears, tap and hold. The paste option will appear.
    Last edited by snow_stipple; 09-11-14 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Corrected direction of tap to the right of the cursor
    09-11-14 09:49 PM
    I've tried it several times, and for some reason, the 3 emails come in one square, not each in its iwn sqare as you show. Here is 2 screen shots of what happens:

Can you cut and paste email addresses into the 'to' line on the playbook email?-img_20131716.png

Can you cut and paste email addresses into the 'to' line on the playbook email?-img_20131715.png
    09-12-14 12:33 PM
    After you paste in the list then press the 'Return' button on the Playbook Keyboard. Don't tap on the preview immediately under the 'To' of the email.
    castoridae likes this.
    09-12-14 04:36 PM
    After you paste in the list then press the 'Return' button on the Playbook Keyboard. Don't tap on the preview immediately under the 'To' of the email.
    Success! Thank you so much. Its amazing how one little thing can make all the difference between having something work or not.
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-12-14 04:46 PM
    Are the addresses in your contacts? If so you can just start typing and a list will come up and you just select the one you want. Then without doing anything start typing the next and pick it from the list that pops up. I have sent out emails with some 300 addresses from my PB.
    09-12-14 06:27 PM
    Oh, you can also associate names with group and then just use the group name in the address line. I belonged to and organization and used this to define groups such as bod, officers, committee members and also in my business associated client by type of interests or engagements.
    09-12-14 06:30 PM
    Oh, you can also associate names with group and then just use the group name in the address line. I belonged to and organization and used this to define groups such as bod, officers, committee members and also in my business associated client by type of interests or engagements.
    I have always used group in outlook at work, but on the playbook (petsonal), I only have yahoo and I couldn't figure out how to create a group email.
    So what I did was create a group list in a document, following the protocol snow_stipple suggested : <[email protected]>, <[email protected]> etc
    Then I copied the whole list and was able to paste it directly into the to: section.
    09-12-14 06:50 PM
    I have always used group in outlook at work, but on the playbook (personal), I only have yahoo and I couldn't figure out how to create a group email.
    So what I did was create a group list in a document, following the protocol snow_stipple suggested : <[email protected]>, <[email protected]> etc
    Then I copied the whole list and was able to paste it directly into the to: section.
    I'm very glad to have learned this function, as it would be time consuming to keep hitting the names from the address book.
    09-12-14 06:56 PM
    This may help with not having to type out a bunch of email addresses first. Say you received an email with several addresses in the 'To' line that you want to use in another email. If you hit reply (you're not going to actually send the reply to that email) then all those email addresses should be in the body of the email. All basically ready to be copied together for your other email.
    09-22-14 07:18 PM