I just moved to an UK network (co-op) that is on EE and suddenly I noticed TWO apps installed : EE and Deezer,
    Well I m pretty sure I did not install this crap, I only have the BBworld, and Snap as app managers, so I am a bit freaked now,
    how the f*ck the BB10 allows apps to be installed without my concern??

I am really curious about this...

chris
    09-11-14 07:35 AM
    Carrier branded apps are special. The phone is required to grab branding apps and wallpapers which match the inserted SIM. I have a Fido and Rogers SIM here in Canada, and my default wallpaper changes each time I swap SIMs.

Posted via CB10
    uxWare likes this.
    09-11-14 07:43 AM
    real crap...
    09-11-14 07:50 AM
    You can easily uninstall them. It's part of the activation process on a new network.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 07:52 AM
    Also Apps or app is able to install upon itself using snap. I had Google Play services auto-installede upon using a danish Website with PDF. danish statistic. (a safe governement site otherwise.) I had installed Google play services prior but removed it again by presing the icon and pressing the waste-basket.

And yes I'm certain that a call was made for autoinstall once I clicked on the PDF!!!!
    09-11-14 07:53 AM
    Considering what is involved with the installation process, I would think you may have rebooted at some point and the icon came back. If you click the trash can on the icon to remove either, sometimes it won't uninstall. Go into the app manager and remove it there.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 07:55 AM
    Considering what is involved with the installation process, I would think you may have rebooted at some point and the icon came back. If you click the trash can on the icon to remove either, sometimes it won't uninstall. Go into the app manager and remove it there.

Posted via CB10
    Well I'm sure it install as I washed the install process upon using the browser. Don't know if I can recall it but probably could if I would. I have removed the Google Play serviece for now as they don't really do anything good to me.

All I'm saying is that websites / pdf's as in this case are capable of making calls that will (re) install previously installed apps from snap. Do i see this as a major threath? no.

Should such a thing ever happen? No
    09-11-14 08:16 AM
    just to add that, yesterday, my Q5 received an OS update: 10.2.1.2977, so I assume the EE used the update to inject their crapware there...
    09-11-14 08:34 AM
    just to add that, yesterday, my Q5 received an OS update: 10.2.1.2977, so I assume the EE used the update to inject their crapware there...
    This really has got you all wound up huh. Too bad, I can see ulcers in your future that and being told to deal with it like an adult.
    09-11-14 09:34 AM
    You probably have your options set to download updates automatically.
    Turn it off in settings.

Apps installed by themselves?!-img_20140911_161031.png

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:13 AM
    Well I'm sure it install as I washed the install process upon using the browser. Don't know if I can recall it but probably could if I would. I have removed the Google Play serviece for now as they don't really do anything good to me.

All I'm saying is that websites / pdf's as in this case are capable of making calls that will (re) install previously installed apps from snap. Do i see this as a major threath? no.

Should such a thing ever happen? No
    Since neither Google Play services, nor snap are officially supported on the platform it is a bit late to be worried about serious threats. In my opinion you already crossed that line. Why anyone as concerned as you appear to be would be playing with that is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I see the attraction of running fully enabled Android apps. But when that urge comes over me I run them on an Android device so I'm neither surprised nor compromised when the enevitable happens.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 04:20 PM