Hello, I bought a Z30 leather case for the belt and I suffer when I want to remove the phone on it. I know that it still brand new but I would like an advice from you on how should I treat it in order to get it release the phone smoothly.

Thanks in advance

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Z30
    09-10-14 08:44 AM
    Hello, I bought a Z30 leather case for the belt and I suffer when I want to remove the phone on it. I know that it still brand new but I would like an advice from you on how should I treat it in order to get it release the phone smoothly.

Thanks in advance

I use the leather swivel holster and I always face the screen towards me (and away from the outer magnet) which is a lesson I learned with my first leather holster. After repeated use it stretches a little and then it is the perfect fit. At first it can seem a little tight at times.

One other tip is that I first flip the magnetic strap up, slide the cradle of my hand up against it to keep it propped open while I use my index finger and thumb to firmly grasp the sides above the volume rocker on the thumb side (and about the same spot on the other side). As I pull it out, I tilt the Z30 into my hand while continuing the motion while starting to grasp it from the side to increase the points of contact on the phone. All in one smooth motion so that by the time it's out, it's comfortably in my right hand ready for viewing or speaking if I was in the process of answering a phone call.

I can't get any more descriptive without a video
    09-10-14 08:58 AM
    I use the leather swivel holster and I always face the screen towards me (and away from the outer magnet) which is a lesson I learned with my first leather holster. After repeated use it stretches a little and then it is the perfect fit. At first it can seem a little tight at times.

One other tip is that I first flip the magnetic strap up, slide the cradle of my hand up against it to keep it propped open while I use my index finger and thumb to firmly grasp the sides above the volume rocker on the thumb side (and about the same spot on the other side). As I pull it out, I tilt the Z30 into my hand while continuing the motion while starting to grasp it from the side to increase the points of contact on the phone. All in one smooth motion so that by the time it's out, it's comfortably in my right hand ready for viewing or speaking if I was in the process of answering a phone call.

I can't get any more descriptive without a video
    Thanks a lot I will try it out, why BlackBerry doesn't sell verified accessories, this is unacceptable !

09-10-14 09:43 AM
    I have all the BlackBerry Z30 cases including the holster, pocket and flip case, as well as Otterbox and other products.

It does take a while for the BlackBerry holster and pockets to "wear in.". They are a bit tight at first, but they have to be in order to hold the phone securely and to allow for inevitable stretching of the leather.

I would suggest inserting and withdrawing the phone into the holster a number of times to wear in the leather a bit before wearing the holster.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    presean and lady of the lake like this.
    09-10-14 09:52 AM
    I have all the BlackBerry Z30 cases including the holster, pocket and flip case, as well as Otterbox and other products.

It does take a while for the BlackBerry holster and pockets to "wear in.". They are a bit tight at first, but they have to be in order to hold the phone securely and to allow for inevitable stretching of the leather.

I would suggest inserting and withdrawing the phone into the holster a number of times to wear in the leather a bit before wearing the holster.

Thanks

09-10-14 12:13 PM
    The leather case for the Z30 is meant to hold the phone facing towards you, look at the bottom of the holster and take notice of the shape! You can put the phone into the case facing the screen outwards, but good luck getting it back out.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 10:22 AM
    The leather case for the Z30 is meant to hold the phone facing towards you, look at the bottom of the holster and take notice of the shape! You can put the phone into the case facing the screen outwards, but good luck getting it back out.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmm, that's not true. The bottom of the case will quickly stretch to accommodate whichever way you decide to carry the phone in the case. More importantly, the red BlackBerry message LED should be visible when you insert the phone.

09-12-14 03:19 PM
    You would think.. but it's not designed to face out. Which is defeating the purpose of the LED imho

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 12:53 AM
    You would think.. but it's not designed to face out. Which is defeating the purpose of the LED imho

Posted via CB10
    I know what you are saying. However, with regular usage, the holster will mold to the shape of the Z30 which ever way you insert it. The idea is to have the flashing red LED light visible when the device is in the holster (or BlackBerry Pocket).

09-14-14 09:02 AM
    It is meant to be glass in towards the belt/body. This also protects the phone better in case of direct impact from outside forces. Sure it can be stretched to work (with a lot of work...the Z30 case is very stiff) the other way, but phone in, is what it was drawn up to be.

As for the LED comments, how do you see your LED when it's sitting on your hip?...you folks all a bunch of contortionist? Also when you put it in glass facing the belt, it leaves access to the AUX out for your ear phones, if you put it in backwards you can't plug in your earphones when in the holster.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    John Pawling likes this.
    09-14-14 09:35 AM
    It is meant to be glass in towards the belt/body. This also protects the phone better in case of direct impact from outside forces. Sure it can be stretched to work (with a lot of work...the Z30 case is very stiff) the other way, but phone in, is what it was drawn up to be.

As for the LED comments, how do you see your LED when it's sitting on your hip?...you folks all a bunch of contortionist? Also when you put it in glass facing the belt, it leaves access to the AUX out for your ear phones, if you put it in backwards you can't plug in your earphones when in the holster.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    All very true. The holster will nonetheless quickly stretch regardless of how you insert the device.

09-14-14 04:17 PM

Thanks for the tip. I've got the BlackBerry leather sleeve but gave up on it after I first got it as it was way too hard to get my Z30 out. I just got the flip case in the mail today and phone removal is a little easier than the sleeve but still difficult. I was going to throw it in the drawer with all the other cases I never use. Didn't dawn on me until I saw your post that it would stretch after awhile like leather shoes do. Thanks again for the tip and saving me some $$ and time spent looking for a better (easier) case.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    09-17-14 12:01 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I've got the BlackBerry leather sleeve but gave up on it after I first got it as it was way too hard to get my Z30 out. I just got the flip case in the mail today and phone removal is a little easier than the sleeve but still difficult. I was going to throw it in the drawer with all the other cases I never use. Didn't dawn on me until I saw your post that it would stretch after awhile like leather shoes do. Thanks again for the tip and saving me some $$ and time spent looking for a better (easier) case.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    Glad to advise! I had the holster and pocket for the BlackBerry Torch too, so I know from experience that the leather will stretch pretty quickly.

Actually, right now I keep my Z30 in the Otterbox Commuter case (Glacier white/grey).

09-18-14 03:15 PM
    I have been using the Reiko line of cases the last few years, stuff some cardboard in them to stretch them out when you retire for the night.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 04:52 PM
    I just can't use that leather case. Looks nice but it's designed to face the notification lights in. So useless. I'll stick with the silver otterbox defender sexy

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:15 PM