So, I just called into an EE store in Blackburn to enquire about the Passport and was told they had no idea and even if they did know they told me they would say avoid BlackBerry at all costs! Horrified by the customer service and being told I was making a stupid choice!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:02 AM
    The same here in Spain with almost all shops,not only they don't have any BlackBerry (specially phone house),even they don't recommend use BlackBerry because they,re "obsolete", it's like there is a close door to BlackBerry in stores in Spain...I hope it'll change some day but I assume i,ll have to purchase BlackBerry passport online...

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:15 AM
    From my own experience EE stores generally offer the worst customer service. They as a network do not tend to get the latest handsets in straight away, you have to wait a number of weeks before that happens, also they never have been supportive of the BBerry brand, even when it was popular.
    09-10-14 05:17 AM
    It seems like there is no incentive to push Blackberry at this point.
    09-10-14 05:17 AM
    I can't complain because for the last 18 months i've been telling everybody (not just BlackBerry users) to avoid EE
    09-10-14 05:21 AM
    It was disgusting and very rude and though I like the EE network for the network reception I'm seriously thinking of leaving for the rudeness of their customer service. It's bad that they're treating BlackBerry like a leper company and advising people against it when they should be impartial.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:26 AM
    Wow that is some terrible customer service. It just sounds exactly like the person on the other end of the line is a casual phone user who probably thinks that coz not many people use a BlackBerry they must be avoided. *****.

I am with Vodafone in the UK and to be honest, their BlackBerry support is generally very good indeed. I posted to their forum which Vodafone staff reply to, and I asked them if they were going to have Passport after the launch, and though they didn't actually give anything other than a standard response of "we don't know check the coming soon page", they should hopefully stock it.

Plus, Vodafone do a 12 month contract which is massively handy, and I get 30% line rental discount through my work - it's win win. Just hope they get the Passport stocked!!

Definitely move away from EE though, sound terrible!
    09-10-14 05:53 AM
    It was disgusting and very rude and though I like the EE network for the network reception I'm seriously thinking of leaving for the rudeness of their customer service. It's bad that they're treating BlackBerry like a leper company and advising people against it when they should be impartial.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know why you would expect more from in store reps - sadly they are often just salesmen (salespeople?) flogging phones with little real interest in them. I'm sure we've all had the experience of being waaaaaaaaaaaay more knowledgeable about tech/phones than in store staff, and probably more than once.

In other words, don't sweat it dude

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-10-14 02:27 PM
    Targets, targets people.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 03:31 PM
    someone tweet them this.
    09-10-14 03:53 PM
    It's weird being in the USA you would think I have worse experiences, but AT&T has been pretty ok so far with me when it comes to asking about BB products. They didn't give me any trouble back when I was asking about the Q10 and recently I asked about the Classic and Passport. For the Classic, the lady told me that since they don't know anything specific about the phone yet, like the specs, supported bands, etc, they don't know yet (but acknowledged they knew about the phone at least) and regarding the Passport, she told me without hesitation that yes, they will carry the Passport once it releases. No negativity at all.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    tomsobon likes this.
    09-10-14 05:32 PM
    Same with O2, sadly who just dropped the line if BlackBerry phones. In fact same with Carphone Warehouse also! Went to drop some money on a new Q10 the other day at CPW and she started to question why I need a chuffin' BlackBerry! Naturally I can't deal with people like this, so spike to a manager who promoted and praised her teams effort to offer advice in phones purchases and claimed 'BlackBerry is dead, business people use iPhone, get with the times'.

Safe to say, they didn't get my ��� and I've placed a formal complaint in with the Area Manager. Second time I've tried to buy a BlackBerry from that store and the second time I've walked away. Disgusting.

Sadly, sales people are there to advise but ultimately if I want to buy something they got to let me buy it. A Porsche sales rep wouldn't suggest you buy a Renault.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:42 PM
    It's just really frustrating. I didn't ask the guy for his opinion. When he said what he said I pulled my Q10 out and said it was the best phone I've ever had. He just walked off.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 12:24 PM
    I can't complain because for the last 18 months i've been telling everybody (not just BlackBerry users) to avoid EE
    This made me laugh.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-11-14 02:48 PM
    EE are a complete cancer to the BlackBerry brand here in the UK... I can only speak from my personal experience however when was with Orange (pre-EE) their customer service was eons better than what it is today...

No one knows how to fix BlackBerry problems (no one cares either) and the general attitude from advisors is sickening... if there's anything to take from this, it's that Vodafone are the sole flag bearer for BlackBerry so either you're getting your phone SIM free or getting it via Vodafone

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 05:46 PM
    Ugh another one of these threads...
    09-11-14 09:03 PM
    It's the same with carriers here in the US. When I went to Sprint for my Q the guy kept asking my why I wanted it and trying to get me to buy a GS5. Finally I said I wanted a physical keyboard and a battery that lasted more than 2 hours (an issue with my old Moto Photon) and he sold me the Q. Imagine if I'd wanted a Z? Of course Sprint doesn't offer them at all...

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 12:21 AM
    Ugh another one of these threads...
    With Passport release, there will be plenty of them, trust me!
    09-12-14 01:08 PM
    Yep. Was asked why I would like a BlackBerry when BlackBerry are dead? EE uk store

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 01:12 PM