I've been searching around for a new case for my 8700r... Lots of options out there, but one option I've found that is absolutely DELUXE is from Vaja Cases....

Check out the options here: Vaja BlackBerry Cases

You can even customize each one with different colors... text, and even an image...

All of their products look soooo nice. Hand made and quality for sure. But you do pay a premium for it!
    05-08-07 09:55 AM
    These are nice, and about two months ago, with the help of MMB916, I almost ordered one. But, the wait time was 21 days!

Who wants to wait that long? Am an addict remember, within that time period I might have switched BlackBerry's, and then what?
    05-08-07 10:03 AM
    I ordered a Vaja case for my 8830 (after seeing them here at CrackBerry) -- the "Classic" in Vitelino leather (personalized). They're pricey, but they look great on the Website.

Order placed on June 19. So far, the customer service has been good. Just got an email today that it's been shipped from Argentina (where they make them). That would be exactly 10 days, as advertised on the site.

I'll give you a review as soon as it's here.
    06-29-07 08:36 PM
    I still think a Vaja case would be a great additive for your collection, Navilyn. Maybe you can push up delivery fee if not too custom.

Their cases are top of the line quality and unique. Sena cases are also great quality.

Keep us posted paulbent - thanks!

These are nice, and about two months ago, with the help of MMB916, I almost ordered one. But, the wait time was 21 days!

Who wants to wait that long? Am an addict remember, within that time period I might have switched BlackBerry's, and then what?
    06-29-07 11:05 PM
    vaja cases are great buy immediately quality is out of this world
    07-02-07 02:59 PM
    Just received the Vaja case for the 8830 World Edition. Customer service was great; it arrived just when they said, via FedEx from Argentina.

The packaging is nice, as you'd expect. The case comes in a presentation box (cardboard, but high quality), along with a stack of color photos of their other products.

The unit I ordered is in "chocolate" leather, and these pics don't really do it justice. Very rich color and nice feel.

The workmanship is excellent. There are no loose threads or "almost fit" joins. Very snug, exactly the right size and shape, and great to the touch.

The embossing on the back is optional, but it's only $10 and I think well worth the price. A nice addition.

If I have any complaint, it's that the openings at the top and bottom of the screen protector allow tiny bits of whatever to get inside; a little annoying, but easy to clean out by removing the case occasionally. Also, the screen protector itself may be subject to scratching; it's not nearly as hard a finish as the screen itself. We'll see how it holds up after a few hundred calls and handlings.

Overall, I'm very pleased. A little pricey, but worth the investment for the sake of the ol' BB.
    07-11-07 12:35 PM
    Have to say it looks nice....Well Done

I will have a review of another manufacturer shortly, that i feel competes..certainly on quality....
    07-11-07 01:00 PM
    I hadn't seen Vaja Cases before they are really nice.

I actually found a great case on Amazon.com

Rim BlackBerry 8300 Curve PDA Smart Phone Solid Dark Blue Snap-On Crystal Protective Case Cover with Removable Belt Clip - - Bundled with 12v Rapid Premium Car Charger and Home Travel Wall AC Adapter Charger

I thought the case would be crap for the price but I was pleasantly surprised. I figured it would crack easily or the paint would chip but it hasn't. Very durable I've dropped the phone once and no problems. It comes in many different colors.

Just thought I would throw that out there.
    07-11-07 01:01 PM
    Great Post! I love VAJA. Bought my girlfriend Erika a Vaja case for her MAC iBook. AMAZING. It was pricey as heck, but worth it for the style/quality and above all else the SMELL.
    07-11-07 01:24 PM
    I love Vaja, they a nice Ipod Mini case for us that I've been using.
    07-11-07 01:26 PM
    Paul, I like it! My wife is going to blame you when I get one...

Ps: I just hate their delivery time, albeit I understand why it takes so long...
    07-11-07 02:04 PM
    Hi Guys,

Read with great interest this thread especially since it had nice pics from Paul's choice. However let me share a concern with you all and hopefully get a reassurance.

About 1 week b4 i knew my Curve would be with me i like all prospective new CB owners scanned which case to buy. It came with the OEM Pouch which i find pretty zippy to use and cool to look at. I was looking for a pounchy type thing since im not a holster wearer...more of a chuck in pocket person.

So im scanning and to cut a long scan short decided on Vaja for the obvious quality and looks etc. As we know they take time to arrive. In the meantime i used the OEM Pouch. Now i have been using the oem for about 1 week (no delivery of Vaja yet) and im really happy with it! However i was still looking forward to receiving the Vaja.

BUT!!!!!! Then i realised something that i could not have done prior to owning the Curve (it was my first BB). I had customized the Curve to react simply perfectly with the Magnet. This ibviously involves pulling out to answer, sheathing to finish, to sleep etc etc Ive kinda not only got used to this but now see it as a crucial feature of the phone!

Heres my new paranoia and doubt RE the ordered Vaja. From Pauls photos and comments i realised it doesnt look like the type of case one utilises the magnet function with. It seems more a case to KEEP the BB inside apart form the occasional clean and battery pull etc. My BB is in and out of the OEM all the time! I dont think the Vaja's are designed to be used in this way.

This leads me to my final comment/question. Do any Vaja Curve owners out there use the Magnet function still with their Vaja or has the Vaja ended the magnet functionallity for them

Please comment ASAP!
    09-11-07 11:39 PM
    I've got a few VAJA products... and indeed do have one around my 8800 at the moment.

I do NOT use the magnet function with the Vaja...This could be an issue for you for sure...

What kind of case did you order? I don't believe any of the Vaja cases come with the magnet built in... the flip case they have might, but I'd have to check...
    10-02-07 11:15 AM
    I ordered a Vaja case for my 8830 (after seeing them here at CrackBerry) -- the "Classic" in Vitelino leather (personalized). They're pricey, but they look great on the Website.

Order placed on June 19. So far, the customer service has been good. Just got an email today that it's been shipped from Argentina (where they make them). That would be exactly 10 days, as advertised on the site.

I'll give you a review as soon as it's here.
    I ordered my Vaja case on Oct 13. the "handicraft process" was supposed to be 15 days. it shipped on Nov 14. 31 days??? so far i'm not very happy with vaja and my BB already shows plenty of wear and tear. its supposed to be here monday so hopefully its worth the wait
    11-15-07 02:28 AM
    I just ordered the Vaja case in black. I've ordered one before for a 3rd Gen iPod and it was great. I wish they made the iPod/iPhone style cases for this Curve instead of the 'Classic' style. In any case, I cannot wait.
    04-19-08 11:43 AM
    I find the holster that comes with 8830 to snugg when i have skin on. I'm looking for a OEM that works when it is skinned. I drive for a living so the holster works best for my needs, the skin is good protection should I drop in the truck, no more door coming off and battery coming out
    04-19-08 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD