I am puzzled. BlackBerry had 2 years head start with NFC. But why did it not launch its payment service?
    We trust them with security and they certainly have the capability. Why let the opportunity go?
    There is a limited support, like paying for Tim Hortons and CIBC and Rogers, but not in a big way.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:46 PM
    They kinda did... BBM Money. But I am not sure they want to offer a NFC version of PayPal, like Apple is doing.
    09-09-14 06:59 PM
    Personally, it would do well with teenagers but how many have credit cards lol, perhaps a push to debit cards and incentive for banks and users to do so. Imagine exclusive to blackberry for the under 18 crowd, worth a stab maybe...oh well...just thinking out loud again

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-09-14 07:03 PM
    I am puzzled. BlackBerry had 2 years head start with NFC. But why did it not launch its payment service?
    We trust them with security and they certainly have the capability. Why let the opportunity go?
    There is a limited support, like paying for Tim Hortons and CIBC and Rogers, but not in a big way.

Posted via CB10

The payment services is not up to BlackBerry or Apple or any of the mobile makers, it is all up to Visa, mastercard, Amex and the others. No normal store would be very smart if they installed payment systems that required a specific phone or brand. That's one of the reasons it has taken time to be widespread option. Visa has one solution, not very good - but it does support NCF
    diegonei and Nick Spagnolo like this.
    09-09-14 08:28 PM
    I am not suggesting that we have to install special terminals in stores. With NFC, you can emulate a credit card.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_Field_Communication
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/su...setLanguage=en

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 06:55 AM
    There have been BlackBerry based NFC payment options for most of those two years. But there just hasn't been the critical mass to give it the push it needed. Even with Apple jumping in it is still going to take time to roll out. Enough people have to get equipped, want to use it and bug merchants enough so they install terminals.

I've been buying my coffee with NFC for quite a while. If I was a customer of Rogers and CIBC (IIRC) I could be using a BlackBerry to make purchases at least in Canada.
    09-10-14 10:00 AM