Hello everyone,

Confused consumer here. I've been using phones mostly androids, the iPhone 5S & once upon a time Blackberry phones such as Bold9900 & Z10 etc.
    I'm trying to convince myself on giving Blackberry another shot, main reason is I like it's simplicity though I will be giving up on many features which Androids & iPhones can do easier.

Let me know what you guys think or what makes you stick to BB phones for this long. Last but not least, I tend to like Blackberry designs lately.

I'll be going for one of the below devices in the next upcoming months:
    * Sony Xperia Z3
    * iPhone 6
    * Blackberry Passport
    * Blackberry Classic

Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,
    Salem
    09-09-14 04:24 PM
    Be different

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 04:44 PM
    BlackBerry can do what the others can do, just more well thought out and secure. For me the BlackBerry operating system in today's BB10 phones, especially the 10.3 is just way ahead of the others.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 09:08 PM
    So you have previously owned BlackBerry devices as well as other platforms and you are asking complete strangers to provide you with a choice of phone that is best for you. Okay, how about a blackberry passport then. Specs are awesome but phone is damn ugly. Are you going to get one now?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-09-14 09:16 PM
    For its blackberry because I like being able to do things ON my phone. While my peers on apple have somewhat more direct access in some areas, I seem to have better file processing especially word and excel.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 09:21 PM
    BlackBerry can do what the others can do, just more well thought out and secure. For me the BlackBerry operating system in today's BB10 phones, especially the 10.3 is just way ahead of the others.
    Could you elaborate more on how 10.3 is 'way ahead of others'?
    I have only used the Z10 on somewhat an early release, & it was a frustrating experience, perhaps it was an early BB10 version. I hardly know any changes throughout the recent updates.
    Last edited by bravo632; 09-15-14 at 10:10 AM. Reason: double post
    09-15-14 10:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Could you elaborate more on how 10.3 is 'way ahead of others'?
    I have only used the Z10 on somewhat an early release, & it was a frustrating experience, perhaps it was an early BB10 version. I hardly know any changes throughout the recent updates.
    09-15-14 10:10 AM
    So you have previously owned BlackBerry devices as well as other platforms and you are asking complete strangers to provide you with a choice of phone that is best for you. Okay, how about a blackberry passport then. Specs are awesome but phone is damn ugly. Are you going to get one now?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    I have a bad habit with switching phones often, I'm trying to settle with something for more than a year and a half at least.
    I have already asked close friends on what they think, seeing how Blackberry has lost popularity in where I come from, they do not really support the idea, and some really enjoy the simplicity of the platform for BBM, emailing & Whatsapp.

So mixed feelings here, & thought I'd see what the internet thinks & has to say. Looks like I will have to wait longer than I thought.
    09-15-14 10:27 AM
    BlackBerry offers you security that neither iOS or Android can give you. The O.S works awesome.. you should check out J-Caloy on YouTube. He made a few funny videos but it also shows you a lot of info on how the O.S ( device) works.

My GF was a iPhone lover, but I convinced her to trow it from a bridge and buy a Z30. And after a few days she told me that this was way better than iOS!

If you love apps, don't worry, we got amazon app store. And if you ask me ( one that doesn't care about apps) there are enough to keep you going in our BlackBerry App Store (BBW).

BBM is a nice thing, you can video call people, chat ( just like WhatsApp but now the info they gather won't be sold to the NSA :P)

Links for information about the O.S and more:

JC: http://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3IhIgEAP4Qo6aKSJWbVWYA

BlackBerry help ( Z30 but it will help you get the idea) : http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=P...dpyXVZzhWufXja

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.2.1531
    09-15-14 01:05 PM
    BB 10 phones are every bit as good as any other phone and in some areas they excel.

The biggest selling point of BB 10 phones is the Hub which allows you to do pretty much everything related to messaging from one spot. No other platform allows you to receive, view and reply to messages without opening other apps.

You'll also get MUCH better battery life than other phones if you choose the Q10 or the Z30. The new Passport boasts a 3450 mAh battery but it has a lot of screen real estate to power and the screen is LCD which isn't as kind to a battery as AMOLED. Sure, it'll get great battery life but don't expect twice the life of other phones.

In my opinion, there are BB 10 phones then there's everything else.

Cheers.
    09-15-14 01:40 PM
    Thanks Erik_1991, I've subscribed to JC's channel. Quite surprised to know Blackberry has sent him all the way to Dubai & I never knew anything about the campaign they were running.
    I'll keep checking more videos, I have yet to wait for Blackberry 'Classic/Q20' to decide if I would make the switch from iPhone.

Edit, recieved the below message:
    An error has occurred bravo632! You must have 10 posts in order to post links. Your current post count is 3.

Crackberry are you kidding me? I only quoted. lol
    09-20-14 09:19 AM
    BB 10 phones are every bit as good as any other phone and in some areas they excel.

The biggest selling point of BB 10 phones is the Hub which allows you to do pretty much everything related to messaging from one spot. No other platform allows you to receive, view and reply to messages without opening other apps.

You'll also get MUCH better battery life than other phones if you choose the Q10 or the Z30. The new Passport boasts a 3450 mAh battery but it has a lot of screen real estate to power and the screen is LCD which isn't as kind to a battery as AMOLED. Sure, it'll get great battery life but don't expect twice the life of other phones.

In my opinion, there are BB 10 phones then there's everything else.

Cheers.
    That's what caught my attention the most, is the Blackberry Hub.

Now I'm just waiting for the Passport & Classic, though I'm not a big fan of big screened phones but I will have to wait to try out the device before I can judge as to my personal preference.

I really don't understand why Blackberry aren't announcing or doing much on the Classic release. There isn't much info aside from some internal specs, and that's pretty much about it.
    09-20-14 09:30 AM
    All those devices are great and it's the honest truth. But if you're in the business world which you need to be be efficient as you can possibly be, choose between blackberry passport or iphone 6. But blackberry is for pro, iphone 6 is for amateur photographers. Lol
    09-20-14 09:30 AM
    All those devices are great and it's the honest truth. But if you're in the business world which you need to be be efficient as you can possibly be, choose between blackberry passport or iphone 6. But blackberry is for pro, iphone 6 is for amateur photographers. Lol

If you're in the business world, messaging is probably near the top of the list of important features. iPhone is good but nothing compares to the BB 10 Hub.
    Some will also argue that the iPhone has many more apps. With the ability to download and properly run about 80% of Android apps, the lack of apps argument is moot.

Cheers.
    alvinjohnfrancisco likes this.
    09-20-14 09:36 AM
    Now that BlackBerry can download android apps it made a huge difference if you like to have a device for time killing moments. Which iPhone does great with the millions upon millions of different game apps. It all depends on what you want to be holding in your hands to do what you need your smartphone to do. IMO no other phone can handle having multiple emails like a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 10:32 AM