Because any news generated in the wake of the apple event will go unnoticed. Expect nothing exciting for a bit here.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    09-09-14 01:50 PM
    Agreed. Hey did you hear the iPhone has NFC???

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 01:51 PM
    Agreed. Hey did you hear the iPhone has NFC???

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, and unlike BlackBerry that has had NFC forever and could not do anything useful with it, Apple Pay is actually a useful feature that will finally take NFC mainstream. So yeah, as much as it's not new, it is completely new. The Apple Pay is actually huge. The rest is all meh.

At the end of the day this is why Apple is so successful and why BlackBerry is barely surviving. When they do something they do it right and they execute it all the way. No half-arsed execution.
    09-09-14 01:54 PM
    Yeah, and unlike BlackBerry that has had NFC forever and could not do anything useful with it, Apple Pay is actually a useful feature that will finally take NFC mainstream. So yeah, as much as it's not new, it is completely new. The Apple Pay is actually huge. The rest is all meh.

At the end of the day this is why Apple is so successful and why BlackBerry is barely surviving. When they do something they do it right and they execute it all the way. No half-arsed execution.
    Mainstream in america and maybe a small part of europe only.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 03:07 PM
    Let's face it, we need Apple to use certain features in order for it become popular enough to used by many developers

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    09-09-14 03:15 PM

Define useful. I find NFC very useful for sharing files. I use it several times a week just for that.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    09-09-14 03:24 PM
    Define useful. I find NFC very useful for sharing files. I use it several times a week just for that.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I use it often, and pay for Tim Hortons with it.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    scmcc16 likes this.
    09-09-14 05:00 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 05:08 PM
    Apple finally achieved NFC....now they invented it. I have been using NFC for sharing files for a long time. I don't need Apple Pay, nor BlackBerry Pay.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 05:50 PM
    For the record... NFC doesn't share files. NFC only functions to connect two devices together to establish a relationship. WiFi/Bluetooth technologies are used for sharing said files. All NFC accomplishes, is a method for two devices to identify each other, and that they're prepared to be paired together with whichever method the platforms choose to use.
    09-09-14 06:01 PM

You haven't used BlackBerry NFC have you?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:18 PM
    Dear god. Apple didn't claim to invent it. But it will be more widely adapted as a form of payment now guaranteed.
    09-09-14 06:26 PM

Yes huge hacking potential.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-09-14 06:36 PM
    Yes huge hacking potential.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Yes, they just set themselves up as a HUGE target...
    Expect some iHack news as soon as it goes mainstream wildly / widely...

(Hope BBM Money is ready to pounce by then... )

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-09-14 06:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup. We use NFC a lot too. I wonder if we can now share videos with iPhone users via NFC, like tapping the phones? And howabout smart tags?

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-09-14 06:48 PM
    How boring will this week be?-mockit_10092014094749.jpg

Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-09-14 06:48 PM
    You haven't used BlackBerry NFC have you?

Posted via CB10
    Oh, you mean that standard thing that BlackBerry didn't make? Yes, I have used that, and it is lacking in most places in the world

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:01 PM
    The problem is that Apple Pay will be a closed payment service which retailers have to agree to provide. So yeah, it will use NFC technology, but in no way will it promote the universality of just using NFC. You will need an iPhone and the Apple Pay service to be able to use it. Don't thank Apple for anything yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:18 PM
    Wow... Wishing misfortune for our competitors? Have we really become that dejected and desperate?

Posted from a D618
    techvisor likes this.
    09-09-14 07:32 PM
    I dunno how my original post about how the next two weeks are gonna be dull as a BlackBerry fan since everything will be overshadowed by iPhone news got turned into a vicious argument about NFC being "new" or "useful". Could there be a different thread for that?

I was thinking this would turn into a thread about how the media is obsessed with Apple and anything BlackBerry says in the next two weeks, no matter how awesome, will be looked over as a result of the iP6 launch.

09-09-14 07:53 PM

Err blackberry were not the first to adopt nfc

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-09-14 08:07 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MockIt_10092014094749.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	296805

Bbm money. Whatever happened to that

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-09-14 08:08 PM
    Would not trust my information/wallet with Apple. Sorry but true. So take it mainstream but I will use it on blackberry. Oh and they did announce they are adopting all the major banks as well so the difference here is the marketing for which most isheep can't see past. Wake up and do your own research.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 08:37 PM
    Ginormius even

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-09-14 09:02 PM