Today is a monumental day with Apple, the inventor of the smartphone releasing the IPhone 6.

What new mind blasting feature will be created today?

Powered by BlackBerry!
    09-09-14 11:24 AM
    Can't wait to see it!
    I love these things honestly, even if I don't care for the phone.
    09-09-14 11:25 AM
    A lot but not as much as you'd think. What does that matter though Nicolas Tesla died a poor unknown genius inventor
    Genghis2k3, DaFoxGrey and BGRS like this.
    09-09-14 11:28 AM
    Everything is called a game changer when Apple 'invents' it.
    09-09-14 11:28 AM
    They were the first to release a consumer product with a GUI. And the mouse. That's about it lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    09-09-14 11:29 AM
    Moved to the Apple forum. These discussions in the General BB Discussion section never end well ...

Carry on.
    ghundiraj and 1magine like this.
    09-09-14 11:31 AM
    And please take note of these threads to discuss today's events (if you're so inclined):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i.../#post10818469
    http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...6-info-957851/
    09-09-14 11:36 AM
    They were the first to release a consumer product with a GUI. And the mouse. That's about it lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Sorry they stole that from Xerox.

"The computer mouse as we know it today was invented and developed by Douglas Engelbart during the 60's and was patented on November 17, 1970. While creating the mouse, Douglas was working at the Stanford Research Institute, a think tank sponsored by Stanford University, and originally referred to the mouse as a "X-Y Position Indicator for a Display System." This mouse was first used with the Xerox Alto computer system in 1973."
    09-09-14 11:38 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    They did not invent the mouse Wikipedia
    09-09-14 11:42 AM
    2 things Apple are fantastic for...

1. In a pie
    2. In a glass or bottle with bubbles in
    Nick Spagnolo and DarkJoker33 like this.
    09-09-14 11:55 AM
    Whatever is announced you can take solace that if it's something like NFC it will be widely adapted.
    09-09-14 11:56 AM
    Ok well they didn't invent anything apparently lol. What did they invent?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-09-14 11:58 AM
    I might be a little foggy on the details but I think they invented the rectangle shape. I also think they tried to defend their patent of the rectangle in court vs Samsung. N'est pas?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 11:59 AM
    They invented a way to make money by the truckload.

And, it would seem, they've invented some method for capturing the attention of a number of Crackberryans.
    Witmen, TGR1 and Genghis2k3 like this.
    09-09-14 12:00 PM
    They made the touchscreen slab. BlackBerry failed to see the threat and act accordingly for a very long time, BlackBerry lost its market share. I applaud them for that, but that's it.

Other than that, they just grab already existing ideas, slap pretty colors on them and a lowercase i, and make tons of profit by making people pay premium for inferior hardware, services and accessories.

I despise it, but that's how business works.

pin:2B7CAF06
    Shadowyugi and NotGoodIMO like this.
    09-09-14 12:06 PM
    They made the touchscreen slab. BlackBerry failed to see the threat and act accordingly for a very long time, BlackBerry lost its market share. I applaud them for that, but that's it.

Other than that, they just grab already existing ideas, slap pretty colors on them and a lowercase i, and make tons of profit by making people pay premium for inferior hardware, services and accessories.

I despise it, but that's how business works.

pin:2B7CAF06
    Apple's market share did not come from BlackBerry. It came from legacy device users.
    09-09-14 12:11 PM
    So iPhone 6 leaks were legit. Two sizes. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. And with a retina HD.

sRGB-accurate, with ultrathin backlight, photo-aligned IPS liquid crystal, improved polarizer, ion-strengthened glass.

Do our BB's have some kinda retina? Is my Z30 retina display??
    09-09-14 12:13 PM
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit reading anti-Iphone threads.
    09-09-14 12:15 PM
    Steve Jobs made apple... apple didn't invent anything.. touch screen phones were around before the iphone and ipods. What Apple (and more correctly Steve Jobs) did was sell the idea of being cool. Steve sold the geek chic to the world like a real sales man that he was. If you got a non apple product you were uncool. Something that most brands like HTC, LG, and unfortunately BB still struggle with. Apple products have always been a premium product and charge accordingly. They cut their cost by consolidating their manufacturing to china with cheap (and something illegal labour) , cut corners in business taxes and bullied vendors and carriers but this day and age no one cares about any of these things as long as they have their precious apple device and can brag about how "cool" it is. Apple will never invent anything but you will always look cool using it.
    NotGoodIMO and axeman1000 like this.
    09-09-14 12:19 PM
    Do our BB's have some kinda retina? Is my Z30 retina display??
    You need to learn what the definition of Retina is. many phones already surpass that standard.

Retina Display (marketed by Apple with a stylized lowercase 'D' as Retina display) is a brand name used by Apple for screens that have a pixel density of around 300 PPI. The term is used for several Apple products, including the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, and iPad Air.
    09-09-14 12:25 PM
    According to numerous court decisions and settlements, The Beatles invented Apple.
    tomsobon likes this.
    09-09-14 12:28 PM
    You need to learn what the definition of Retina is. many phones already surpass that standard.

Retina Display (marketed by Apple with a stylized lowercase 'D' as Retina display) is a brand name used by Apple for screens that have a pixel density of around 300 PPI. The term is used for several Apple products, including the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, and iPad Air.
    Thanks, yeah I read that it is actually an Apple created term. They are just a force by thinking it is a standard.
    09-09-14 12:30 PM

Other oem might use better display but they were introduces after Apple introduced the retina.
    Apple just invented the Landscape view.
    From their live blog:
    iPhone 6 Plus lets you see even more content in a new landscape view.�
    Built-in apps like Messages look great. And you?ll get extra functionality from the bigger�keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Apple just invented the Landscape view.
    From their live blog:
    iPhone 6 Plus lets you see even more content in a new landscape view.�
    Built-in apps like Messages look great. And you?ll get extra functionality from the bigger�keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    They always had landscape view.
    09-09-14 12:32 PM
77 123 ...