I have install snap app for blackberry, so that i can use android apps in bb10. may i ask where is the installation folder when you download an app in snap.. i could not locate the "open installer" folder thankyou
    09-09-14 10:09 AM
    when you download something in snap it opens the installer for you. It shows you on the screen and you click open installer. The apks are saved on your device memory
    09-09-14 10:55 AM
    The folder "downloads" on your device.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    09-09-14 11:21 AM
    Hi, I try looking for the app I download but I can't locate it, I try to search the "open installer" folder, but still no luck
    These are the things I have notice.
    I download an app in snap, after download and install. if I remove the app, and try to re-install, the app gives an option of re-downloading again. if it was being stored in our memory device, it should only show "install" instead of "download" or maybe it was being duplicate downloads, either way still confusing, so I don't if the app that I have downloaded was store in my device memory or it was just store somewhere else. Hope someone can give us an explanation to understand how snap downloading apps works, or we will just keep downloading apps and making our storage full in no time.

If there is an app which can locate deeper apk, hidden apks or etc.
    09-10-14 02:49 AM
    I confirm that the downloaded apk from Snap are in the "Device/Downloads" folder. When you use snap, first, the file (ex: com.something.somethingelse.apk) is stored in this folder, then the install process begin. That's all.
    09-10-14 05:21 AM
    Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to download SNAP for my Z10... Will really appreciate it. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 11:29 AM
    may i ask how did you confirm. what steps you did you do to see the downloaded apps in snap are in "device/downloads" folder? i try to download again but there is no apk in the "device/downloads" even after installation, if youcan show usstep bystep would be great. thanks
    09-10-14 12:35 PM
    First, in Settings > Security and Privacy > Applications permissions, have you all the permissions on for Snap ? (Location, Shared files and Device ID)
    Then, start Snap and go to the Settings (swipe from the top). Check the advanced settings :
    snap app installer folder-img_20140910_212836.png
    Change the behavior or the folder. That's all.
    09-10-14 02:29 PM
    Hi, have you tried downloading the app in snap but not install it, then check it in your device/downloads if the apk was there? Because i tried it and no apk was there.
    09-11-14 12:11 AM
    One more information that i have found, if you go to snap,tapping submenu in lowerleft then my apps, you see 3tabs, updates/installed/available..
    What i found out is if you download an app but have not install, when you click the app at the "available" tab it will show "open installer" it means the apk was store somewhere else, i wanted to find the location of it. But if you download and install an app then you delete the app, at the "available tab" there is no option of "open installer" but instead "download" option.
    09-11-14 12:20 AM
    Have you check the permissions and your settings in Snap as I said ?
    09-11-14 04:26 AM
    Yup i have checked it. Like the step by step you provided. Have you check the thing i said, download an app in snap, but not install and check it in your device/download if it was there?
    09-11-14 05:08 AM
    It's a "POST-INSTALL" setting, of course it will not be here... and by the way, you are able to clear the cache in the same panel.
    09-11-14 05:12 AM
    what do you mean it will not be here? because at 1st you said it will be move to device/downloads. as i also see the Post Install setting have 2options, move apk&delete apk..
    09-11-14 08:38 AM
    Ok, Snap download the apk in its cache. If you install it, it will then delete or store the downloaded apk in the folder you provided (default: Device/Downloads).
    If you don't install it, it stay in the cache that you can clear in the same settings panel in Snap.
    I assume this cache is limited in size, so you will need to download one more time the app you need if you skip the install part.

Edit: Franglish correction... hum
    09-11-14 09:50 AM
    After you install the apk, the apk is stored on your device in the dowloads folder. Use the BlackBerry file Manger to view/copy/move/rename/delete or reinstall it. Even if you uninstall the app, the apk in the downloads folder will not be deleted.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    09-11-14 10:14 AM
    hi cranky, have you tried downloading the app in snap but not yet install and check it in your BB file manager if the apk was there? because i checked mine, still not located.

maybe joshu24 was right regarding cache.
    I wanted to make sure regarding this snap app, because before we know it, our phone is being hanging due to many downloads apps, but if we install it and it automatically delete, then its good.
    09-11-14 12:51 PM
    hey guys, i want to give you some update, i dont know what i did but all the apk downloaded in snap are going to the folder of "device/downloads" after downloading and installing app, you will still not see the apk, unless you delete it. before after deleting you cant see the apk, now i see it, I think what I did is go to snap>settings>advanced then re-choose the folder destination of the apk. I think thats it, if not then to those who has not see the apk in snap, just follow the instruction of joshu24 above. thanks men..
    09-11-14 03:16 PM
    Ok, Snap download the apk in its cache. If you install it, it will then delete or store the downloaded apk in the folder you provided (default: Device/Downloads).
    If you don't install it, it stay in the cache that you can clear in the same settings panel in Snap.
    I assume this cache is limited in size, so you will need to download one more time the app you need if you skip the install part.

Edit: Franglish correction... hum
    Correct.
    A little example: If you wish to use Lucky Patcher to fix dependencies. Find the app via Snap and install it. As soon as the installation is complete and you return to Snap, it detects the app is installed and then moved the .apk file to "Download" and it can now be picked up by Lucky Patcher.
    The annoying thing is you have to install and uninstall the app, before you can install the patched version, but I can live with that.
    09-11-14 03:35 PM
    hey guys, i want to give you some update, i dont know what i did but all the apk downloaded in snap are going to the folder of "device/downloads" after downloading and installing app, you will still not see the apk, unless you delete it. before after deleting you cant see the apk, now i see it, I think what I did is go to snap>settings>advanced then re-choose the folder destination of the apk. I think thats it, if not then to those who has not see the apk in snap, just follow the instruction of joshu24 above. thanks men..
    Not a problem here. Just install the app from Snap and return to Snap. Then the .apk file will be available in Downloads.
    09-11-14 03:36 PM
    If you want it stored other than the "Downloads" folder, you can choose any other folder in "Settings." I have Snap save the APK files to a folder I created on my SD card.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 03:39 PM
    Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to download SNAP for my Z10... Will really appreciate it.
    Please refer to Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10 and How to sideload Snap without any hassle using Snap Installer .
    09-22-14 11:58 PM
    There is a problem with Snap too some degree that clearing the cache doesn't work, if the download failed for some reason, you cannot re-initiate the download because there is a part file somewhere that snap still see's and I turn only 'Open Installer' is an option. Searching finds nothing, clearing cache does nothing. The only resolve so far is removing snap and re-installing it.

Z30 Powered By QNX
    09-23-14 12:23 AM
    I've installed and used snap to download several apps, one paid for app (Blue Iris).
    When I look in uvailable updates on my device I see updates for the apps I downloaded. They all update fine, apart from 1 Blue Iris.

Then I notice the box posted a few boxes above here saying paid for apps will have their apk deleted.....

SO, I spent �6.60 on the Blue Iris app and now when I try to run the upgrade my Z10 says no purchase history found (presumably as it can't see the (deleted) apk file).

I dont really want to spend �6.61 each time i need to upgrade.....!

Did I do something dumb?

Is there a way I can access the upgrade?

I cannot see the apk file anywhere on my z10.

Any pointers appreciated....
    10-13-14 02:49 AM