As a developer we have a device. The OS is amazing and the large screen is fantastic...but it all stops there. Around the office the general feeling is the device is too wide...a "brick" was used by several people to describe it. It's not an elegant device that you want, it would be used more out of requirement for screen real-estate. NOBODY came out and said "that's sexy" or anything remotely. Too bad such poor industrial design. Really all they had to do was take the Q10 and make it a little taller like the Samsungs of the world. You can't make everybody happy I guess...but where were the focus groups on this! We are big on Blackberry at our company as it is standard issue for all staff. Maybe it will grow on me. Does it really need to be that way?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:08 PM
    It was nice to see an alternative view compared to almost most other views which have been positive. Maybe you will get used to it time? Keep us posted on any new insights or opinions you have.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    09-08-14 09:23 PM
    Aww man. Crappy to hear. No other features got past your opinion of the size?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:23 PM
    As a developer we have a device. The OS is amazing and the large screen is fantastic...but it all stops there. Around the office the general feeling is the device is too wide...a "brick" was used by several people to describe it. It's not an elegant device that you want, it would be used more out of requirement for screen real-estate. NOBODY came out and said "that's sexy" or anything remotely. Too bad such poor industrial design. Really all they had to do was take the Q10 and make it a little taller like the Samsungs of the world. You can't make everybody happy I guess...but where were the focus groups on this! We are big on Blackberry at our company as it is standard issue for all staff. Maybe it will grow on me. Does it really need to be that way?

Posted via CB10
    Well, to each it's own. From every hands- on comment I've read on the net, (I'm talking a ton here) they've all expressed the complete opposite. Actually, the number one comment is how great it looks. So sure, some people will not like the look, but from what I'm gathering , they definitely do.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    acovey, NYTOC83, 2vince6 and 1 others like this.
    09-08-14 09:25 PM
    sucks for you
    Patrick Pierobon likes this.
    09-08-14 09:28 PM
    Maybe it will grow on me. Does it really need to be that way?

Posted via CB10
    It will grow and on you.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:30 PM
    That's too bad, but it's good to hear others opinions. Btw, you mentioned you're developers, what are you developing?

Posted via CB10
    Ayla Pnx likes this.
    09-08-14 09:39 PM
    Probably the final phone won't look as bad in terms of design. #JustSaying.
    Kennedy.L likes this.
    09-08-14 09:41 PM
    It does divide opinion.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    09-08-14 09:42 PM
    Hey OP. What are the main smartphones used at your office? I figured someone would finally have a more honest opinion or at least a different point of view and not be afraid of saying what they feel. I still think the passport is ugly but will keep an open mind until I can personally play with it

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    1magine and lift like this.
    09-08-14 09:48 PM
    Like really OP!! You are entitled to your opinion and I guess birds of same feathers flock together, like all your folks in your office.
    The Passport rocks and I can't wait to get it.

Btw, just curious, can you tell me what phone you think truly rocks.
    acovey likes this.
    09-08-14 10:01 PM
    I'm focusing on cosmetic because the OS is great. 10.2 was good, 10.3 is smoother and more polished. The keyboard on the Passport is "OK" not as intuitive as standard, but it works. It's just plain odd looking. It's wider than any large Android other than Galaxy Note. Looks odd holding up to your face. Maybe they should just contract Porsche Design next time. I don't think a phone design should "grow on you". I reiterate that ALL people that had the phone in their hands had a puzzled look on their face. I don't recall anyone wanting one to replace their Corp issued phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 10:03 PM
    Well thats the problem with society now a days anyway. There's way to much standards that affect how people feel, everyone has told me the passport is ugly but I thought the same at first. Why not let new things grow on you? This phone could change a lot about how a phone is made, but at the end of the day don't let people make you feel like you made the wrong choice BlackBerry passport really is beautiful, people just don't follow anything but societies standards. How else would blackberry be able to separate itself if it doesn't do things different? Love your BlackBerry bro I'm actually dying to have a passport, I have a z30 and q5 already, and to have a hybrid of the two is mouth watering )

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83, gokulesh and playbookster like this.
    09-08-14 10:25 PM
    I also am curious about the focus group studies surrounding the Passport. Hopefully, Chen can sue them if the Passport fails to sell.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-08-14 10:44 PM
    I've used one, it looks odd, but nice. Not sure I would buy it, I'm happy with my Z30, but heck people like Samsung Notes which are similar size so it may be a hit. The keyboard and swiping on it are smooooooooth, they did a good job there. Web surfing is a dream, as is reading messages.
    Technomotive and Thrac Dark like this.
    09-08-14 10:52 PM
    Well thats the problem with society now a days anyway. There's way to much standards that affect how people feel, everyone has told me the passport is ugly but I thought the same at first. Why not let new things grow on you? This phone could change a lot about how a phone is made, but at the end of the day don't let people make you feel like you made the wrong choice BlackBerry passport really is beautiful, people just don't follow anything but societies standards. How else would blackberry be able to separate itself if it doesn't do things different? Love your BlackBerry bro I'm actually dying to have a passport, I have a z30 and q5 already, and to have a hybrid of the two is mouth watering )

Posted via CB10
    Have you hold it in your hands? if not how can you say it is beautiful, sometimes pictures are deceitful and you cannot tell how it will fits in your hands from a picture
    anon8656116 and lift like this.
    09-08-14 11:11 PM
    Keep us posted OP

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 11:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your report only makes me want it more! Thanks a bunch!

Posted via CB10
    xBURK, NYTOC83, tinochiko and 3 others like this.
    09-08-14 11:22 PM
    Well, the industrial design team at BlackBerry always seem proud of their products,.. even if the masses still flock to the plastic oblong things Samsung puts out:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/09/z3-id-qa/

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 11:36 PM
    Ya I thought it was hideous when it was first rumored and leaked. Kinda grew on me but it doesn't seem like an every day device. Seems like a tool or tablet for when at home :s. Guys lol its ugly, accept that but it is cool n I'll get one cuz why not. Different and big screen I like
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-09-14 12:09 AM
    Meh, I can't say the look of it has been winning me over, although the functionality on the other hand...
    09-09-14 12:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    and what phone is it that you use ?
    09-09-14 01:00 AM
    It will grow and on you.

Posted via CB10
    Kinda like how everyone thought the z30 was too large initially. It took me a couple weeks to get use to the size. Now...can wait to get my hands on the passport.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    09-09-14 01:15 AM
    Actually laughing at the people here who are laughing at OP for (gasp!) having an opinion other than their own.
    TGR1, gebco, lift and 7 others like this.
    09-09-14 01:22 AM
    It's wider than any large Android other than Galaxy Note.
    That's false actually. It's substantially wider than any G Note.

The problem BlackBerry will have is that nowadays a phones design is what sells it like 75%. Look up comments on the Xperia phones, iPhone, HTC One, the latest G Alpha or the 2014 Moto X. It's about "beauty" nowadays. Tough times for phones that need to "grow on people" I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 01:24 AM
213 123 ...