It would be great if BB could offer a tablet with minimal business/work functions. I am talking about a tablet that focussed on a Calendar, Docs to go and offered a virtual keyboard. As well, a secure iCloud function to connect with your BB smart phone.

No apps, or games. Not even a web browser. A basic secure device that would be for staying at home or the office while being on the move with your phone. An overhaul to the calendar would also be needed.
    If BB stabilizes in the smartphone market, I would love to see a device like this.
    09-08-14 07:33 PM
    I can't think work without thinking Internet today. I'd need a browser.

Pal, in the present scenario if you relese a product, no matter the niche you're looking to reach, you add all the features.

Or did you forget the PlayBook's launch? Remember "half-baked"?
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-08-14 at 10:36 PM.
    09-08-14 10:01 PM
    Have you hear about "Blend"?

Ho will buy a device like that if you can buy a full functional tablet and have blend on it to get "the office at your home".

Best wallpaper channel: C002103C3 Wall Paper Wednesday
    09-08-14 10:09 PM
    I was thinking of keeping costs down. In this case, having the tablet as the accessory to the smart phone.
    Focus on a few key features and enhancing the smartphone experience.

I don't know about hardware costs but I figured less is cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    09-09-14 04:15 AM
    I was thinking of keeping costs down. In this case, having the tablet as the accessory to the smart phone.

Posted via CB10
    On the software side, less is less.

Picking 720p instead of 1080p lowers costs.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:45 AM
    A dumb tablet? Just an extension of the smartphone?

Not a bad idea, but a feature-complete tablet would probably be more welcome, unless the price is really that much lower...

Yeah, as mentioned above, the LCD screen (or whatever other tech) would probably be one of the most expensive factors when building a tablet, no matter what other components or software you add...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-09-14 08:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is pretty much what they tried to do with the PlayBook (at first). Unfortunately, when it was introduced they didn't bother to inform anyone of the benefits of the Bridge as well as the need for it with a BB phone to get those essential PIM functions, and they priced it way to high for something that was just an 'accessory'. It was a nice idea, but it was marketed completely wrong out of the gate. Even if it had been marketed correctly, I think adoption would still have been low because it still fell short of what the iPad offered. Like Diego said, less is less, and that's all 99% of consumers see, even if they'd never use what isn't there.

Personally I still love the PlayBook. I wish they'd just give it a little hardware upgrade, BB10's browser, bring Bridge back up to where it was with BBOS, add BB10's Android run-time, but leave the UI as it is, and they'd have a nice kick-azz little tab.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-09-14 09:31 AM
    I would prefer a fully loaded BlackBerry tablet but was a. Being realistic about their position in the market and b.trying a different approach.

Of the laptop, tablet and smartphone. I use my smartphone the most
    I also want an amazing calendar like Apple's with the icloud feature. I admit that one might be more important to me than others.
    Phablets and the upcoming Passport makes me think it could work.

Bare bones, simple, cheap and secure. And give it the slick BlackBerry look.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 10:50 AM
    It would be great if BB could offer a tablet with minimal business/work functions. I am talking about a tablet that focussed on a Calendar, Docs to go and offered a virtual keyboard. As well, a secure iCloud function to connect with your BB smart phone.

No apps, or games. Not even a web browser. A basic secure device that would be for staying at home or the office while being on the move with your phone. An overhaul to the calendar would also be needed.
    If BB stabilizes in the smartphone market, I would love to see a device like this.
    We already have that: it's called Windows tablet.

It's got a full desktop OS, so you can run whatever you want.

Some of the top Enterprise focused tablets include Dell Venue 11 Pro, Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, and Microsoft Surface.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    09-09-14 11:01 AM
    You are aware BlackBerry doesn't have a service like iCloud, right? Native calendar app + whatever syncs (google for me and some, Outlook.com for other, Yahoo for some crazy bunch... Even iCloud can work). Should solve your problem.

And there IS Blend... Any $100 chinese Kitkat tablet will support it...
    09-09-14 12:52 PM
    No apps.....No browser!?!?!?!?!?!?!?????!?!?!?!?????

Lol good luck with that

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 01:14 PM