Well my phone is playing up due to the temp being 75C, The phone is locked with password after 1 minute and display is on a timeout of 10 seconds.Heard camera shutter go twice while in pocket which seemed weird,checked phone needed password to get to pictures and sure enough two black pictures.Also after i deleted them the police rang me and said i made two emergency calls and they rang me back ,They were not HAPPY. Some how the phone went into password and dialled the emergency number.How ever checked phone log it showed no out going emergency calls but showed that they tried to contact me twice before they got through to me fifteen mins before.Also i made a phone call after that and while i was on the phone it cut me off and dialled another number.Checked the number and that number was called 3 days ago in the log below other calls.I have now changed the display to use lock key rather than swipe to get to password.I did have problems before in the hot weather about 7 weeks ago phone dialling out and taking pictures etc.
    Has any body had similar problems like this with there Z10?.Police said maybe i should get a different phone if its causing it to dial emergency 999 calls, if it happens again i might get a severe warning or a fine.
    09-08-14 12:22 PM
    Usually when you keep it in your pocket with the display facing the leg, the screen activates. You should either carry it in a bag, or place it on the other side (with the back cover facing the leg) , but you leave the display prone to accidental hits. Of course, you can always turn off the 'Swipe to wake' function from the display settings, but you'll lose the charm of the phone .

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    09-08-14 12:27 PM
    75C? Bloody hell where in the country are you?

It seems pretty unlikely our moderate weather is causing this issue, warmer countries would be reporting it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9046478) and imz like this.
    09-08-14 12:52 PM
    Yea turned off Swipe to Wake after the episode with the police,but still puzzled why it should dial another number from few days ago .I am going to buy a flip phone case may be that will solve some problems. I will try the phone with screen outwards first see if the problem returns but like you said not a good idea really.
    09-08-14 12:54 PM
    Near Stonhenge maybe thats something to do with it lol
    09-08-14 12:56 PM
    Oh man this sounds Dubious at best. I keep my z10 in my pocket, screen inwards and have done so every single day since debut and never had that happen. I've had it in there on days that it was 43 Celsius and 90% Humidity with sweat pouring out of me like I was in the desert. My phone never once ever dialed a number or called a person or made an emergency call. You know why? The PROXIMITY SENSOR is why. if the phone is facing inwards towards a surface, the sensor makes sure to keep the screen always locked. to swipe to open, you start at the bottom bezel and to call an emergency number, it has to be pressed three times, once to open it (after a swipe) and the second time to (which is three numbers and presses in the exact order) enter the number and a third press to hit ok, to make the actual call Like I said, this sounds dubious at best, way too any holes in your story.
    09-08-14 01:14 PM
    It's freezing here in the UK today? Lol

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247
    09-08-14 01:43 PM
    I can only assume you mean the phone is 75 degrees Celsius , not the temperature, as 75 degrees Celsius would be lethal to your self, let alone the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 02:13 PM
    Or the OP probably means a weather temperature of 79 degrees Fahrenheit which is equivalent to 23.8 degrees Celsius, which is considered "cold" when talking about South East Asian countries. I doubt your phone can get 79 degrees Celsius, which can burn your skin when you put it in your pocket, much more when holding it.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    09-08-14 02:24 PM
    Got it wrong way 22C approx 75F ish lol
    09-08-14 02:53 PM
    I know it sounds dubious but that is what happened like you said it has to got through about 3 to 4 actions so thats what i find weird, i have now deleted some apps but one that i did not download was the Amazon search or Amazon Shop that was on my phone. I know when i installed the Amazon app Store for some android apps the phone went hay wire and i deleted that about 6 weeks ago.
    I have now ordered a Z10 BB pouch case see if that helps but in the mean time will do a restore from a backup.Is there anyway i can test the proximity sensor before i do a restore?
    09-08-14 03:17 PM
    Just done a BBVE test and all is okay just restarted phone keep fingers crossed,Just noticed battery showing 22% normally after a recharge ending at 6am its normally about 45 % about now 21.36 GMT. and the phone has not been used much today.
    Oh well see what tomorrow brings.
    09-08-14 03:37 PM
    When you do a reboot it's pretty natural for the battery to plunge a bit as it has been going through the start-up process.
    09-08-14 04:02 PM