Do any of you find it odd like myself? Maybe crackberry knows something we don't. I would like a pod cast from the boys if possible? If u guys are casting I'm missing so where do I find the pod cast for CB? Can anyone from Crackberry give us your opinion please on VZW and the z30. I'm thinking Big Red may have a replacement for the Z30 when the Passport launches and tease us with it at that time. I snapped a pic of my BlackBerry lineup of phones. I have a Storm 1 but can't find it at the moment.
    Isn't it odd no one from crackberry has said much about VZW dropping the Z30-mybbs.jpg

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    lift likes this.
    09-08-14 08:32 AM
    Is there a story related to them dropping it? Or did they just do it quietly, sans fanfare?
    09-08-14 08:36 AM
    That's what we want to know ans are asking CB to dig into (rather than posting about one more darn fool game )

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 08:40 AM
    That's what we want to know ans are asking CB to dig into (rather than posting about one more darn fool game )

Posted via CB10
    You're just mad that you can't corral those danged dots!!!!
    09-08-14 08:59 AM
    Never tried, not interested. All that stuff is why I wanted BlackBerry not Apple or Droid

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-08-14 10:00 AM
    I would like some more insight into the current state of carrier relations in US. We know how T-Mo feels about BlackBerry (and vice versa), but things are anything but clear with VZW and AT&T. VZW seemed like BlackBerry's last hope, but now, with the sudden "retirement" of the Z30 and rumors that they will not carry the Passport, they really seem to be trimming their support for BB. AT&T never even signed up for the Z30, but as a GSM carrier, their lack of support isn't as terminal.

Why is this so secretive, are they really still negotiating models? Just make it clear and let everyone move on to either another carrier or platform.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    09-08-14 10:24 AM
    Agreed. I would love for Crackberry to light a fire under a few sources to try and find out why the Verizon Z30 has suddenly become unavailable...

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-08-14 10:29 AM
    Agreed. I would love for Crackberry to light a fire under a few sources to try and find out why the Verizon Z30 has suddenly become unavailable...

Posted via CB10
    Or just say something. Tell us something Crackberry even if it's just your opinion. With no podcast maybe crackberry might be dropping BlackBerry too.

09-08-14 12:13 PM
    Is there a story related to them dropping it? Or did they just do it quietly, sans fanfare?
    No story just discontinued. Bye bye no reason just offer ya a z10.

09-08-14 12:14 PM
    Did they actively sell it or just display it. My experience is that they only displayed it. No one actually tried to sell you one. When I went into a Verizon store last year to see the Z30, no one came over to talk to me, only when I looked at the Samsung or iPhone did someone approach me.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 STL100-3 (T-Mo) / SR 10.2.2.932/OS 10.2.2.1531
    09-08-14 12:22 PM
    I went into our newly renovated Verizon store a few months ago and while I was waiting, there was a lady whose only job was to explain the "new features" of the store. While a was impressed with the "new features", I did not see any signs in the store for BlackBerry devices. I asked the lady about them, and she took me to where they were. They had a Z10, Q10, and Z30, but there was no signage on the wall above them to distinguish them from the other phones. I was also, of course, the only one that looked interested in them at all. It's no wonder no one is even looking at them, NO SIGNAGE! Is this BlackBerry's fault for not providing signage, or Verizon deciding not to put any up? My bet is on Verizon. I also find it very strange, that on their website, when the Z30 was available, it was the only phone with a full 5 star rating. Sure, iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S4/S5 were 4-4.5 stars, but no other phone had a full 5. The last time I saw the reviews, there were around 270 posted. That's a great score! Did they take it down because the great score was making the others look bad? Not that anyone saw them anyway, unless they were looking for it. When you clicked on "smart phones", the BlackBerry phones weren't even listed. Looks to me like Android and Apple are going under the table at Big Red, if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm just too skeptical....

I love the Z30 and very disappointed about all this. I really wanted to get one for my wife.
    lift likes this.
    09-08-14 02:40 PM
    Has it been officially discontinued, or is it just unavailable or out of stock?

CrackBerry is good in that they don't publish stories on unconfirmed rumours. They verify the facts first, so their stories are accurate and reliable.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 09-08-14 at 07:59 PM.
    09-08-14 02:57 PM
    In store promotion is usually handled by the manufacturer rep in cooperation with the store. Doubt BB has produced new display material in a long time and Verizon isn't going to shell out money to promote either.
    09-08-14 02:57 PM
    No it's not odd. A simple search of the forum will yield a thread or two on the subject. Feel free to drop your thoughts there.
    lift likes this.
    09-08-14 03:03 PM
    Has it been officially discontinued, or I'd it just unavailable or out of stock?

CrackBerry is good in that they don't publish stories on unconfirmed rumours. They verify the facts first, so their stories are accurate and reliable.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=957309

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 03:15 PM
    Because there is nothing much to say. Verizon sold their initial order and due to the fact they had a unique edition(CDMA, Qi) BlackBerry probably wasn't going to start production up for a price that verizon was willing to pay with 3 new models on the horizon.
    09-08-14 03:17 PM
    It is very possible that BlackBerry may not want to keep building CDMA devices. Verizon and Sprint use it but everyone else in the world is using GSM, HSPA, and LTE. Verizon and Sprint are migrating to LTE, but aren't 100% there yet. The Passport may be a single model that supports everything but CDMA, and Verizon and Sprint may require that devices still be able to operate on their CDMA networks. We'll have to see how this shakes out.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-08-14 03:44 PM
    I went into our newly renovated Verizon store a few months ago and while I was waiting, there was a lady whose only job was to explain the "new features" of the store. While a was impressed with the "new features", I did not see any signs in the store for BlackBerry devices. I asked the lady about them, and she took me to where they were. They had a Z10, Q10, and Z30, but there was no signage on the wall above them to distinguish them from the other phones. I was also, of course, the only one that looked interested in them at all. It's no wonder no one is even looking at them, NO SIGNAGE! Is this BlackBerry's fault for not providing signage, or Verizon deciding not to put any up? My bet is on Verizon. I also find it very strange, that on their website, when the Z30 was available, it was the only phone with a full 5 star rating. When you clicked on "smart phones", the BlackBerry phones weren't even listed.

I love the Z30 and very disappointed about all this. I really wanted to get one for my wife.
    My take on the whole thing is Verizon does not want returned phones. Most customer last couple years are new users buying phones for the first time. Who wanted a BlackBerry 10 phone with so many of the apps not available. That would cause any newbie to return their phone the next day. Got to have apps for n00bies. People are ignorant and will settle for a sh*t phone cause they don't know what a great phone runs like and to lazy to care.

09-08-14 03:53 PM
    And still not one word from anyone from Crackberry!!!

09-09-14 07:30 AM
    And still not one word from anyone from Crackberry!!!

I am sure that everyone is scurrying around to get a story just for you.
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    09-09-14 07:47 AM
    There are a couple of things I don't get about this.
    1) It has been under the radar
    2) they are still selling Z10, Bolds (with or without the camera), and the Q10's
    3) No one at VZW can explain the above, at least no one I have talked to
    09-09-14 07:56 AM
    Because there is nothing much to say. Verizon sold their initial order and due to the fact they had a unique edition(CDMA, Qi) BlackBerry probably wasn't going to start production up for a price that verizon was willing to pay with 3 new models on the horizon.
    3????
    Passport
    Classic
    ??????
    09-09-14 08:05 AM
    3????
    Passport
    Classic
    ??????
    Khaaaaaan!
    09-09-14 08:14 AM
    My best guess would be they (VZW) ordered a certain number of units and then didn't order any more. Both my wife and I have Z30's and absolutely love them!

BTW OP, that, including my S1, is my entire lineup of phones, not a kb in sight! Never had a kb BB!
    lift likes this.
    09-09-14 08:25 AM
    My best guess would be they (VZW) ordered a certain number of units and then didn't order any more. Both my wife and I have Z30's and absolutely love them!

BTW OP, that, including my S1, is my entire lineup of phones, not a kb in sight! Never had a kb BB!
    Started with the first touch screen buy one get on free. Cost $68 for both Storms. Then of course Storm 2 came out a couple month the later. Z50 is on da way kids

I do have a friend with a BlackBerry flip phone.

09-09-14 02:07 PM
30 12