Correct me if I'm wrong, but Is the IPhone6 the same offering but just bigger? Does Apple need a completely new operating system to get up to BB10 standards? (ie..Hub Integration / Muti-task Capabilities etc..) Have a look.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 09-07-14 at 05:26 AM.
    09-07-14 05:06 AM
    iOS 8 promises to open inter app integration.

IOS users will be able to use different keyboard software like swiftkey and etc.

On paper they have seem to eliminate most of my personal gripes with iOS.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 05:12 AM
    Hardware wise I do not really see innovation.. Camera looks sleek and I like how thin the body looks. That said I am not sure how much ergonomic and confortable to hold this phone will be. It looks almost too thin. Nevertheless is impressive to see they were able to squeeze all the hardware there.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 05:57 AM
    People who think there isn't a lot of hardware innovation in iPhones are missing a lot of things. Some of the most important innovation doesn't involve radical design changes, especially, when you have a very successful product.
    09-07-14 07:40 AM
    The phone in the vid moves too fast to be a goophone knock off. Phone looks sleek and, truth be told, better looking than the iP5s. I don't think iOS8 is going to offer anything dramatically different from iOS7 but it won't stop people from buying this phone.
    The new update to passbook allowing credit card info and NFC will at least increase adoption of NFC and walls type apps. Been dying to find a good wallet app for my BlackBerry and don't see one which meets all my needs.
    One thing apple is good for is speeding up global adoption of tech and making sure other platforms implement.
    Countdown to 9/9 has already begun in my house and I can't wait to see how this plays out for JC, BlackBerry, and the next little while with BlackBerry phones.
    09-07-14 08:07 AM
    People who think there isn't a lot of hardware innovation in iPhones are missing a lot of things. Some of the most important innovation doesn't involve radical design changes, especially, when you have a very successful product.
    Great point. Thank You.
    That's why I'm asking and wanting to know? What are these things?

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    09-07-14 11:56 AM
    Great point. Thank You.
    I could list a lot of stuff but if it doesn't involve messaging or email then people just chime in and say that they don't need it - as if every new hardware feature must speak to them, individually, to be worthwhile.

Making the iPhone thinner is a pretty awesome feature but someone will always say it's too thin.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-07-14 12:22 PM
    So when you have a very successful product you stop innovating.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    09-07-14 12:36 PM
    No, but you do make sure your innovations make your product better rather than just different.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-07-14 12:57 PM
    I could list a lot of stuff but if it doesn't involve messaging or email then people just chime in and say that they don't need it - as if every new hardware feature must speak to them, individually, to be worthwhile.

Making the iPhone thinner is a pretty awesome feature but someone will always say it's too thin.
    I guess I could have worded my original post better. I definitely realize Apple is a great company that knows exactly how to sell phones. In no way did I want to start a war of words and such. I just want to know what is different this time around? I believe BlackBerry could learn a ton from them, but other than advertising, I can't see what that would be at this point? As always, I could be wrong and I may not be reading the right material? (or just not available yet?)

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 09-07-14 at 06:26 PM.
    09-07-14 01:02 PM

Didn't know making phones thinner is a feature. Every phone gets thinner every year.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:21 AM
    Great point. Thank You.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    I appreciate the HONESTY of the question! It's damned refreshing here!

So,....for me,...the custom-designed 64-bit ARM SoC Apple developed to go in last year's 5S is one of the most impressive innovations to happen in the mobile space in a couple years. If you read Anandtech's reviews of the iPhone 5S and the iPad Air, you'll see why.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/t...ne-5s-review/2

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7460/a...d-air-review/2

It didn't get a lot of ink because it's under the hood, but for the hardware-inclined, it's really kind of breathtaking. And then on the software side, the way iOS 7 was engineered to make it sing,...it's just the total package.

Additionally, the cameras in iPhones are some of the best in mobile. Again, using last year's 5S as our example, we see Apple taking the unusual measure of shunning the "more megapixels is better" notion for the novel approach of actually increasing pixel size. It's a neat concept and it paid mad dividends in terms of the quality of the finished product. Check out this Burberry fashion show from last year that was shot entirely on iPhones...

Whatever you think of them as a company, Apple simply EXECUTES. And they do it at a level that, frankly, Blackberry can never dream of. That's not a shot at Blackberry. Apple is the most valuable company ever. So they execute above everybody. But it's just bizarre seeing folks get so wound up! I think it all goes down to good old-fashioned hubris. When iPhone was announced, Blackberry was at the top of the smartphone game. By miles and miles. But while they were laughing off the iPhone, calling it "impossible" and whatnot, Apple was busily transforming the game into something Blackberry simply hasn't learned how to play.

Now having said that...I'm excited to see the Passport,...whenever it finally releases. I question the wisdom of giving one to a different random dude to "review" every month before finally releasing the damn thing...but whatever. That's the kind of thing I've come to expect from them, I guess.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-09-14 03:21 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Can you elaborate some here Dave? I'm wondering about the statement your making as it relates to the post you quoted. Is it meant to be a question and you mistakenly used a period? I'm genuinely curious.
    09-09-14 03:27 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Is the IPhone6 the same offering but just bigger? Does Apple need a completely new operating system to get up to BB10 standards? (ie..Hub Integration / Muti-task Capabilities etc..) Have a look.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    It wouldn't wonder me if they would adopt something like a "hub"-like gimmick at their iPhones or the LED-Notification. I read many comments on Apple boards. Many users love that at Blaclberry phones. It wouldn't wonder me.
    09-09-14 07:00 AM
    It wouldn't wonder me if they would adopt something like a "hub"-like gimmick at their iPhones or the LED-Notification. I read many comments on Apple boards. Many users love that at Blaclberry phones. It wouldn't wonder me.
    iPhone has had LED notifications since iOS 4.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-09-14 07:05 AM
    iOS 8 promises to open inter app integration.

IOS users will be able to use different keyboard software like swiftkey and etc.

On paper they have seem to eliminate most of my personal gripes with iOS.

Posted via CB10
    I did that a while ago by _not_ getting an iPhone!

:-P

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:15 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Yes BlackBerry did that and now they are playing catch up. Apple is slowly losing its innovative steam... Unfortunately, they still have lots of money and we all know money buys influence in today's society.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:48 AM
    Can you elaborate some here Dave? I'm wondering about the statement your making as it relates to the post you quoted. Is it meant to be a question and you mistakenly used a period? I'm genuinely curious.
    I made a statement. And I mean that's exactly what BlackBerry did when they were successful. Innovation slowed down and I'm seeing the same from Apple these days.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-09-14 09:10 AM
    I appreciate the HONESTY of the question! It's damned refreshing here!

So,....for me,...the custom-designed 64-bit ARM SoC Apple developed to go in last year's 5S is one of the most impressive innovations to happen in the mobile space in a couple years. If you read Anandtech's reviews of the iPhone 5S and the iPad Air, you'll see why.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/t...ne-5s-review/2

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7460/a...d-air-review/2

It didn't get a lot of ink because it's under the hood, but for the hardware-inclined, it's really kind of breathtaking. And then on the software side, the way iOS 7 was engineered to make it sing,...it's just the total package.

Additionally, the cameras in iPhones are some of the best in mobile. Again, using last year's 5S as our example, we see Apple taking the unusual measure of shunning the "more megapixels is better" notion for the novel approach of actually increasing pixel size. It's a neat concept and it paid mad dividends in terms of the quality of the finished product. Check out this Burberry fashion show from last year that was shot entirely on iPhones...

Whatever you think of them as a company, Apple simply EXECUTES. And they do it at a level that, frankly, Blackberry can never dream of. That's not a shot at Blackberry. Apple is the most valuable company ever. So they execute above everybody. But it's just bizarre seeing folks get so wound up! I think it all goes down to good old-fashioned hubris. When iPhone was announced, Blackberry was at the top of the smartphone game. By miles and miles. But while they were laughing off the iPhone, calling it "impossible" and whatnot, Apple was busily transforming the game into something Blackberry simply hasn't learned how to play.

Now having said that...I'm excited to see the Passport,...whenever it finally releases. I question the wisdom of giving one to a different random dude to "review" every month before finally releasing the damn thing...but whatever. That's the kind of thing I've come to expect from them, I guess.
    Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    09-10-14 08:56 PM