I'd like to purchase a Passport and switch between it and an ATT Q10 based on the need of the day. What's you experience with SIM swapping on OS10. Is this something that would be feasible?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 03:36 PM
    Yes depending on the pp taking the same type of sim and your provider

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-06-14 03:37 PM
    I'd like to purchase a Passport and switch between it and an ATT Q10 based on the need of the day. What's you experience with SIM swapping on OS10. Is this something that would be feasible?

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that the Passport takes a Nano-SIM while the Q10 takes a Micro-SIM. You can't just swap one SIM card between the two. It will be necessary to have different SIM cards in each of the phones. You will need to either call AT&T each time to get them to switch between two different SIM cards or you'll have to use an online portal if they have one. Verizon has one, but they require a security code they text to another phone on your account to complete the switch. If you don't have another phone or don't have access to another phone on your account you have to call into support and work with a cs person. Takes 5-10 minutes.
    09-06-14 03:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    The biggest issue with SIM swapping is the actual swapping. I was doing this a lot between my Q and Z. Now, not as often. I know this sounds like whining, but the time from opening the battery door to reboot once the SIM is swapped becomes, at times, too long. Sometimes, even though I want the other phone that day, it's just easier to grab and go. I wish we had dual SIM capabilities like some European carriers.
    09-06-14 03:45 PM
    Actually, I switch between different size sim cards all the time. You just need to get a sim card adapter/holder for the smaller sizes. Amazon has many choices and they are very inexpensive.

Regarding changing sim cards, I do it often due to traveling but i don't recommend it often as you have to reset apps that are tied to your # like WhatsApp, Viber, etc.
    09-06-14 03:46 PM
    Thanks all. Not too worried about anything tied to the phone number. Dont use those type of apps.

This will also give me a chance to try out the Passport. If it doesn't work into my lifestyle I'll use it off cellular as a Q companion.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 05:04 PM
    It is possible as long as you get a micro sim card adapter for the nano from the passport

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 05:08 PM
    Yes your best solution is to use a good adapter. I do it between q10 iPhone and z30. The z being 90%. I drop my Q because I have double type keyboard issue. Thinking about replacing the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 05:12 PM
    Thanks all. Not too worried about anything tied to the phone number. Dont use those type of apps.

This will also give me a chance to try out the Passport. If it doesn't work into my lifestyle I'll use it off cellular as a Q companion.

Posted via CB10
    It can be a problem if you use BBM though. Maybe I am wrong but I thought you have a limited amount of times where you can switch BBM over devices? I cannot find the post but I remember there is an annual cap there.

You can have two BBID but you would need to re-add all your BBM contacts.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 05:20 PM
    No you can switch BBM id as many times as you want.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 06:40 PM
    Thanks for the clarification. I just can't understand who would want to pocket the Classic. It's Passport or Q for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 11:33 PM
    The problem is that the Passport takes a Nano-SIM while the Q10 takes a Micro-SIM. You can't just swap one SIM card between the two. It will be necessary to have different SIM cards in each of the phones. You will need to either call AT&T each time to get them to switch between two different SIM cards or you'll have to use an online portal if they have one. Verizon has one, but they require a security code they text to another phone on your account to complete the switch. If you don't have another phone or don't have access to another phone on your account you have to call into support and work with a cs person. Takes 5-10 minutes.
    They sell neat little adapters that you can turn a nano-sim into a micro-sim. That way you can use one card in virtually any phone.
    09-07-14 01:46 AM
    Ordered the adapters for under $2.00, thanks for the tip.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 09:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Depending on how many groups or what not you have though it can take several days to sync properly.

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    09-07-14 03:00 PM
    So let me get this straight. I want to switch sim cards between my newly ordered Passport and my other devices. All I need to do is buy an adaptor when I buy the nano sim and I can switch devices at will. Is that correct? Any issues I should be aware of before doing this?
    10-01-14 03:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    App world is 15 unique swaps /year
    10-01-14 03:52 AM
    O2 CZ offers dual SIM service but there's a fee. So check with your services provider if they have similar service.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:54 AM