I had a z10 a few month the ago and purchased a z30 from Verizon to replace it. I decided today to turn the z10 back on using my third # that I never use but pay for. Do I have to create a different account for a 2nd BlackBerry if I'm using both numbers and both phones? I can't make any phone calls on the z10 as it says network busy. In the alerts it wants me to verify my BlackBerry account. It has my name already as it was my old phone.

Thanks

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    09-06-14 11:55 AM
    As far as I know, you can use a single BlackBerry ID on multiple devices. BBM, on the other hand, you can only use on a single device.
    09-06-14 12:47 PM
    One BBM BBID per phone
    Two instances of BBM will not work under one BBID.
    09-06-14 12:48 PM
    I had a z10 a few month the ago and purchased a z30 from Verizon to replace it. I decided today to turn the z10 back on using my third # that I never use but pay for. Do I have to create a different account for a 2nd BlackBerry if I'm using both numbers and both phones? I can't make any phone calls on the z10 as it says network busy. In the alerts it wants me to verify my BlackBerry account. It has my name already as it was my old phone.

Thanks

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red

Why you have "network busy" issues I cannot say, but it could be your network, it could be the SIM card, it could be that your phone needs to refresh the OS... could be many things. Bring the device to your carrier and let them sort it out for you.

If You are the only user, You can safely use your BlackBerryID on up to 5 devices. You can even download most apps that you have purchased - onto the devices (some apps require 1 license pr device though - but most are ok).

BBM can also be used on all the devices, but only be activated on one device at a time. If you start using BBM on "the other" device, BBM will ask you if you want to Activte it there, If you accept, all your contacts, groups and channels will Slooowly get across. Depending on how many contacts and groups you have - this can take quite some time before it's stable.

But besides from that- you can have all your apps and settings on both the devices - and If you have connected cloud accounts such as a Gmail account, any contact edits or calendar entries will of course also be synced to both devices via the cloud.

Because of my work I have to use 3 and sometimes 4 devices, and having the same BlackBerryID on all of them is a real treat. It just works...
    baspeed likes this.
    09-06-14 01:16 PM