How to solve it?.. please help
    Wifi limited access-img_20140905_151452.png

Posted via CB10
    Afrasyab Alvi likes this.
    09-05-14 06:05 AM
    is same wifi working with other devices?
    09-05-14 06:22 AM
    I get the same message when I'm at the edge of my WiFi coverage. If you're getting this when you should be getting a strong WiFi signal, the first thing I would do is reboot the modem. You could also log into your modem and change the channel that your modem is broadcasting on. You may be on a channel that your neighbours are using, which can cause some interference. From a WiFi enabled PC or laptop, I periodically use inSSIDer (freeware) to see what channel has the fewest users and switch to that.
    09-05-14 06:27 AM
    My other mobiles are working fine with this wifi.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 06:30 AM
    Other mobiles are working fine with this wifi

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 06:32 AM
    If that's the case, try deleting that WiFi connection and recreate it.
    09-05-14 06:33 AM
    I get the same message when I'm at the edge of my WiFi coverage. If you're getting this when you should be getting a strong WiFi signal, the first thing I would do is reboot the modem. You could also log into your modem and change the channel that your modem is broadcasting on. You may be on a channel that your neighbours are using, which can cause some interference. From a WiFi enabled PC or laptop, I periodically use inSSIDer (freeware) to see what channel has the fewest users and switch to that.
    What is the procedure?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 06:33 AM
    That's the same error that happened when the bb servers weren't able to be reached.
    09-05-14 06:37 AM
    This message appears when the device is successfully connected to a wifi network but the network router has no or limited (this means filtered) access to the internet, so the device can't request www.blackberry.com. These requests are done every five minutes to check the internet connection. - I don't like this at all. But this is the way how it's currently implemented. You can easily detect the requests using a logging function on the router.
    09-05-14 06:38 AM
    What is the procedure?

Posted via CB10
    inSSIDer installs to your computer. It will search out all available WiFi networks, shows which are secured and unsecured, and shows the channel each is using. Simply pick the channel with the least traffic. Then, log into your modem from your computer. The admin controls vary from modem to modem. You can Google the instructions for your particular model. But all will have an advanced setup where you can select which channel to use.
    09-05-14 06:45 AM
    I was having that issue with mine for a while until I discovered that it was because of MAC filtering. I thought I had added the device's MAC address to my router - turns out I hadn't.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    Ecm likes this.
    09-05-14 07:24 AM
    I was having that issue with mine for a while until I discovered that it was because of MAC filtering. I thought I had added the device's MAC address to my router - turns out I hadn't.

JB

Good suggestion!
    09-05-14 08:22 AM

JB

I am using windows xp

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 09:16 AM
    Can you get blackberry.com or blackberry.net on a computer?
    09-05-14 09:46 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:27 AM
    Can you get blackberry.com or blackberry.net on a computer?
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:27 AM
    Still getting the error?
    09-05-14 10:40 AM
    Try to reinstall the Wifi connection in the phone again..this not an error but a notification that there is no full strength coverage of Wifi for the phone to operate.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:44 AM
    Still getting the error?
    Yes boss...

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 11:04 AM
    Try to reinstall the Wifi connection in the phone again..this not an error but a notification that there is no full strength coverage of Wifi for the phone to operate.

Posted via CB10
    I already done it

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 11:04 AM
    I am using windows xp

Posted via CB10
    "MAC" addressing is a ROUTER feature and not an Apple Macintosh thing!

You can kind of lock your router down to only work with certain devices (phone, xbox, tivo, etc) by finding their respective "mac" addresses and entering or limiting which mac addresses can connect to the router.
    09-05-14 11:18 AM
    It sounds like there can be several reasons to get this message. I was getting it a few months back when my Internet Provider was having issues. My short term fix was to reboot my router. At first I thought it was my router and even bought a new one, but it was my IP. You might also try restarting your phone. Let us know if your problem resolves.
    09-05-14 12:29 PM
    I have found that disabling mobile data will cause the wifi network to be suddenly usable.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    09-05-14 01:29 PM
    I am having the same problem... I think its BB issue. Because a month ago, I did not have problems. After updating, problem started to occur, both at home & at work.
    By the way, my laptop is connected through wifi, two apple devices and another phone. And I cannot say that it is an OS issue either because on three different official OS' and one leak, same prob occurs
    09-09-14 03:48 PM
    Try going into settings/ network and disabling data for you cell carrier. That should change wifi to full status. Afterward change carrier network back.

That works every time I have the same error.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    09-09-14 04:02 PM
27 12