Just For Your Information

History :
    16 Jan 2014 - Purchased Blackberry Z10 & became a very happy user.

17 Jul 2014 - Phone went dead all of a sudden.

18 Jul 2014 - Visited service center(Redington/Ensure Services) and submitted phone for service.
    After an analysis of the phone I was told that a replacement would be given in 10-15 days. 8 days is the normal SLA.

after numerous phone calls, email reminders, escalations with Area Manager,etc

26 Aug 2014 - Finally got a replacement phone (after 39 days)
    Logged a request for replacing battery as it was not holding charge.

27 Aug 2014 - Found out that the Camera is not working on the new piece that was provided as replacement.

28 Aug 2014 - Resubmitted phone for service. After a investigation, service engineer mentioned that the camera was ok, but mother board might have a problem.
    However a new request could not be logged for the handset, since the request for battery was open...... ??

05 Sep 2014 (today) - Finally the battery arrives at the Service Center(after 10 days of logging request) & a new request for the handset is logged.

The end user(me) is without his business phone for 49 days (till 05 Sep 2014).

& it chills my bone to imagine if it takes another 39 days to get a replacement (a handset which might or might not work)
    Fingers Crossed.

EDIT : 10-Sep-2014 : The BlackBerry Service Center is out of Z10s. They are expecting shipments soon... My Woes Continue.. No light at the end of the tunnel..

It could be a pass the buck game between Blackberry & Redington(Ensure Services India), but the End Customer is finally affected.

A) The replacement piece provided for Z10 is a Curve. ??
    Incompatibility. Z10 users do not need the special Blackberry plans. Curve works only on Blackberry plans.
    Common Sense : An Z10 user cannot use a Curve for his day to day activities.
    There should be replacements that are similar. Not any such available device.
    B) Work Order cannot be placed for the handset if a Work Order exists for an accessory.
    This might make sense if the accessory is being serviced/replaced in 1/2 days.
    Not applicable when the Service Center takes 10 days to replace a Battery.
    C) Stock of Batteries/Handsets is not being maintained at Regional Service Centers.
    This just prolongs the cycle time given that the shipment of battery takes 10 days. Phone 39 days.
    Though not in huge quantities, a bare minimum inventory needs to be maintained for efficient service.
    D) Replacement Handsets have not been checked before issuing to customer.
    The replacement handset came with a non working Camera.
    The kind of quality checks currently in place should be questioned.

Cheers,
    Another Blackberry I D I O T !

Oh Yeah - after trying several phones(including a powerful Xiaomi) in the last 49 days, I still want the Z10.
    Last edited by hgdk; 09-10-14 at 01:52 PM.
    Uzi, YBhondekar and wentouch like this.
    09-05-14 01:49 AM
    And they say why BlackBerry is going down.....
    Wake up BlackBerry!!!

Zed 10 --� The BEAST
    hgdk, YBhondekar and Pradeep Reddy like this.
    09-05-14 02:09 AM
    Sorry to hear that.
    Damn ! ! This is the area where BlackBerry lacks. After sales service. Blame the BB tie up with Redington. Always ****ty service.
    Have you tried to reach BlackBerry IN on twitter ?
    hgdk likes this.
    09-05-14 02:22 AM
    That is completely unreasonable. If I were you, I would send this same message to BlackBerry headquarters in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    nisarg86, hgdk and Just TM like this.
    09-05-14 02:25 AM
    That is completely unreasonable. If I were you, I would send this same message to BlackBerry headquarters in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

Zed 10 --� The BEAST
    hgdk likes this.
    09-05-14 02:33 AM
    Is there an email id that actually is monitored ?

Exactly

Zed 10 --� The BEAST
    09-09-14 02:18 AM
    I have sent the PM for email IDs. Give my reference to Zakir.
    hgdk likes this.
    09-09-14 02:20 AM
    Here in Manila, the replacement phone while you wait for your new device to arrive is a Z10.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    hgdk likes this.
    09-09-14 02:44 AM
    Just For Your Information

History :
    16 Jan 2014 - Purchased Blackberry Z10 & became a very happy user.

17 Jul 2014 - Phone went dead all of a sudden.

18 Jul 2014 - Visited service center(Redington/Ensure Services) and submitted phone for service.
    After an analysis of the phone I was told that a replacement would be given in 10-15 days. 8 days is the normal SLA.

after numerous phone calls, email reminders, escalations with Area Manager,etc

26 Aug 2014 - Finally got a replacement phone (after 39 days)
    Logged a request for replacing battery as it was not holding charge.

27 Aug 2014 - Found out that the Camera is not working on the new piece that was provided as replacement.

28 Aug 2014 - Resubmitted phone for service. After a investigation, service engineer mentioned that the camera was ok, but mother board might have a problem.
    However a new request could not be logged for the handset, since the request for battery was open...... ??

05 Sep 2014 (today) - Finally the battery arrives at the Service Center(after 10 days of logging request) & a new request for the handset is logged.

The end user(me) is without his business phone for 49 days (till 05 Sep 2014).

& it chills my bone to imagine if it takes another 39 days to get a replacement (a handset which might or might not work)
    Fingers Crossed.

It could be a pass the buck game between Blackberry & Redington(Ensure Services India), but the End Customer is finally affected.

A) The replacement piece provided for Z10 is a Curve. ??
    Incompatibility. Z10 users do not need the special Blackberry plans. Curve works only on Blackberry plans.
    Common Sense : An Z10 user cannot use a Curve for his day to day activities.
    There should be replacements that are similar. Not any such available device.
    B) Work Order cannot be placed for the handset if a Work Order exists for an accessory.
    This might make sense if the accessory is being serviced/replaced in 1/2 days.
    Not applicable when the Service Center takes 10 days to replace a Battery.
    C) Stock of Batteries/Handsets is not being maintained at Regional Service Centers.
    This just prolongs the cycle time given that the shipment of battery takes 10 days. Phone 39 days.
    Though not in huge quantities, a bare minimum inventory needs to be maintained for efficient service.
    D) Replacement Handsets have not been checked before issuing to customer.
    The replacement handset came with a non working Camera.
    The kind of quality checks currently in place should be questioned.

Cheers,
    Another Blackberry I D I O T !

Oh Yeah - after trying several phones(including a powerful Xiaomi) in the last 49 days, I still want the Z10.
    You are a consumer, but BlackBerry is always targeting enterprise segment, so its not their fault.

Even their chairman said. BlackBerry is no longer a ph company but a software co.

Even BlackBerry top hogs dont knw that BlackBerry have the most loyal fans, else no one buys BlackBerry.
    But they always keep on targeting wrong people.

And btw I love the curve device, its the most stable one, and I love its keypad, though I am on z 10 now.
    But I am thinking of buying again curve 9320.
    hgdk likes this.
    09-09-14 09:25 AM
    So BlackBerry did this stupid **** or the carrier?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    hgdk likes this.
    09-09-14 09:58 AM
    So BlackBerry did this stupid **** or the carrier?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    BlackBerry, here in India there are only unlocked devices.
    hgdk likes this.
    09-09-14 10:23 AM
    OK, wait a minute... you did say India, right? The repository of meaningless ex-English mountains of purposeless paperwork? When I was in India and needed to do anything that required forms and follow-up forms, I would hire one of those kids that stands outside government buildings to figure it out. There are legends of people going insane trying to cope with India's 100% senseless red tape.

"Work Order cannot be placed for the handset if a Work Order exists for an accessory." Boy, just hearing this stuff really brings back memories! Or, nightmares. When you kicked the English out you should have insisted they take their paper fetish with them.
    hgdk likes this.
    09-09-14 11:17 PM
    I guess in your country it makes sense to purchase two phones at a time. I know I would. Guess I am lucky in Canada as my loaner was also a Q10 the second time. First time was a Q5 but I suffered. Guess iit could have been worse and was given a pearl once. Lasted an hour and took it back and just used my old 8330 back up with no wifi

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    hgdk likes this.
    09-09-14 11:25 PM
    Oh, yeah -- just noticed the Hyderabad title! Remember arriving in Hyderabad from the north on a motorcycle once and realized I was being followed by a fruit bat. He looked confused, too.
    hgdk likes this.
    09-09-14 11:42 PM
    Is there a way to send messages to blackberry headquarters???

Posted via CB10
    hgdk likes this.
    09-10-14 02:46 AM
    Is there a way to send messages to blackberry headquarters???

Posted via CB10
    Open there website and email them

Posted via Z10
    hgdk likes this.
    09-10-14 04:20 AM
    Last year, one of my friends in Jakarta also had a bad experience with his 9790. He purchased a brand new 9790 from BBRY center/store in Kelapa Gading and 6 months later the phone had a problem, it kept re-booting by itself. So he went back to BBRY store for a service. He got the phone back 20 days later and my friend asked the rep what was the problem. The rep told him that they re-install the OS (that's just ridiculous, it took 20 days just to re-installed OS!!).

After he got it back, a week later the phone have a similar problem (re-booting itself). He then went back again the BBRY center and the so called "BB expert" (hilarious, they call them self a BB expert and it took 20 days just for re-installing the OS and still giving the same problem!!). So the second time my friend brought it in for another service and the rep told him it may take 30-35 days to do a more detail check (guess they didn't do that w/ the first repair service) and the rep said will call when the phone is ready for pick up.

My friend was busy with work and he already almost forgot about his phone in service center. Then on the 40th day he remember about his phone so he call the service center and ask them how come no one from BB center never called him?? (which they told him that someone will call once the phone has been repaired). Anyway, when he call BB center-store and ask if his phone is done and he would like to pick it up, the rep told my friend that his phone is not ready yet and gave my friend a blah blah explanation (excuses)!

By the 45th day, my friend call to BB center and ask them about his phone and the rep told him, oh yes your phone is here and is done with the repair. But, again no one from the BB center call my friend to let him know that his phone is ready and can be pick up. Well, my friend was so frustrated will the whole experience with BB center and he told me, if his 9790 have another problem, he's just going to throw the phone out and he will not going to buy another BBRY phone. He told me that his 9790 will be his last BBRY phone. Even after I've told him that I never had a problem w/ my BB (since 8520 >> 9780 >> 9810 >> Z10 and now Z30).

It's really ashamed that BBRY keep losing their customer/s because of this. Come on BBRY, keep up with the game and smartphones too! I'm not surprised that a lot of people are either sticking/switching to Samsung Android and i-Toys!
    Last edited by B_Berry; 09-10-14 at 06:04 PM.
    hgdk likes this.
    09-10-14 10:02 AM
    I'm worried since I'm in Hyderabad... had a pleasant experience with the Redington Service in Pune... didn't know it would be soo bad in Hyderabad...

Complain to any higher authorities possible... drop a mail to CA email addresses found on the website.!

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    hgdk likes this.
    09-10-14 10:10 AM

It's really ashamed that BBRY keep losing their customer/s because of this. Come on BBRY, keep up with the game and smartphones too! I'm not surprised that a lot of people are either sticking/switching to Samsung Android and i-Toys!
    It takes a concerted effort for an outside manufacturer to impose their standards on a local "way of doing business".
    hgdk likes this.
    09-10-14 10:15 AM
    My loner phone for my Z30 in Vancouver was a curve. I refused it and resurrected my Z10. I sent my phone off to get GPS repaired. First time out was a month to the day! With repeated calls and visits to the Rogers store. When I got my phone back the camera was screwed. My phone has now been gone for an additional week with no end in sight. I will probably end up waiting 2 months. This is not just an India problem. I am not sure if this problem is a Rogers issue or a Canada wide carrier issue but it sickens me.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    hgdk likes this.
    09-10-14 10:22 AM
    This is not just an India problem. I am not sure if this problem is a Rogers issue or a Canada wide carrier issue but it sickens me.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    Commonwealth? However, Roger is known to be terrible.
    hgdk likes this.
    09-10-14 11:26 AM
    I have sent the PM for email IDs. Give my reference to Zakir.
    nisarg86 : Am not quite sure how to get to the PM.
    Probably I need more posts against my name to access PMs.

Complain to any higher authorities possible... drop a mail to CA email addresses found on the website.!
    Open there website and email them
    Varun Naive, tushargkwd : I have tried every possible email address in Blackberry, Redington & Ensure Services
    I will probably end up waiting 2 months. This is not just an India problem. I am not sure if this problem is a Rogers issue or a Canada wide carrier issue but it sickens me.
    rocker_man1: Oh My Goodness - Even in Canada !

He told me that his 9790 will be his last BBRY phone.
    B_Berry : I am kind of almost there. Just need a bad day to jump to the conclusion.

I guess in your country it makes sense to purchase two phones at a time.
    rebroker2009 : Makes Sense this time around.
    Was a Nokia Guy & never needed to even dare think of such a scenario.
    By the way - My 6 yr old Nokia E72 is my savior now.
    Have a 11 yr old Nokia 3110 as second backup.
    Nokia still keeps me connected !

The repository of meaningless ex-English mountains of purposeless paperwork?
    scrannel : India is behind the curve, but slowly getting there.

You are a consumer, but BlackBerry is always targeting enterprise segment, so its not their fault.

Even their chairman said. BlackBerry is no longer a ph company but a software co.

Even BlackBerry top hogs dont knw that BlackBerry have the most loyal fans, else no one buys BlackBerry.
    But they always keep on targeting wrong people.

And btw I love the curve device, its the most stable one, and I love its keypad, though I am on z 10 now.
    But I am thinking of buying again curve 9320.
    SaurabhIb : Quite right. Soon it might be time to bid adieu to BlackBerry.
    Z10 is my first BB. Stayed away from BB OS6 since I did not want my traffic to be routed via BB servers.
    A knee jerk reaction to embrace Enterprise was unwanted. Enterprise goes with the consumer. & Necessity drives Invention.
    Android is catching up like crazy. The Divide acquisition is giving Android the claws needed to enter Enterprise Segment.
    Look out for 'Divide PIM Solution by MobileIron', 'Good for Enterprise' & 'AirWatch'. Blackberry's Enterprise move might be a wrong step.
    The Xiaomi Phones have impressed me quite a bit. Especially the MIUI. Purchased a MI3 for wife & tested the same during my downtime.

Latest Update : The BlackBerry Service Center is out of Z10s. They are expecting shipments soon...

My Woes Continue
    Last edited by hgdk; 09-11-14 at 03:09 AM.
    09-10-14 01:46 PM
    Status as of 17 Sep 2014 :
    - 61 Days & counting.
    - 'Shipments' are still being expected.

Important lesson learnt about BlackBerry/Service.
    09-17-14 04:32 AM
    Status as of 23 Sep 2014 : 67 Days & counting.
    - Nope - No Light at the end of the tunnel.
    - Service Center has started ignoring me now.
    - Escalated to BlackBerry Support US. They do not know what to do.

Time to move on. Feeling Sick. Z10 was so much a part of my life.
    Would have loved if the Z10 held on till the Passport came on the market with affordable pricing.

Sigh....
    09-22-14 10:53 PM
    Status as of 23 Sep 2014 : 67 Days & counting.
    - Nope - No Light at the end of the tunnel.
    - Service Center has started ignoring me now.
    - Escalated to BlackBerry Support US. They do not know what to do.

Time to move on. Feeling Sick. Z10 was so much a part of my life.
    Would have loved if the Z10 held on till the Passport came on the market with affordable pricing.

Sigh....
    Very poor thing.
    Reason is that, Z10 is now out of stock of BlackBerry, and they will not be able to replace ur phone.

Ask them to provide you with Q5 or Bold 9900 phone as replacement.
    And return your Z10
    hgdk likes this.
    09-23-14 02:57 AM
57 123