I was just reading an article that the iPhone 6 is finally going to be 'bigger' but it said there will be a 4.4 and 5.5 model.

I think a good selling point of the passport was a bigger screen than iPhone PLUS Qwerty, but now that won't be true. What do you guys think?

Will people switch from iphone/android for the passport if it is still a smaller screen? Do you think 9900 and legacy users will switch over?

I really like the phone, and don't want to go to iOS/Android.

I also think that it will be hard to get used to a physical keyboard, this Z10 keyboard makes me look like a ninja.

What are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:03 PM
    Short answer. No
    dslocumb, potatoguy, Lendo and 4 others like this.
    09-04-14 08:09 PM
    IMO, the passport isn't a competitor of the iphone 6. In one week, Apple will probably sell more than BBRY in a year.

The Passport is made for the folks that like keyboards or the ones that are tired of using a virtual keyboard or the ones that want something different.

I think the passport is going to be a great phone, but comparing it to the iPhone 6 isn't fair. Apple can sell a potato with the apple logo on it and it will still out sell blackberry by millions.

So no, the passport won't be DoA, because it's not intended for the same customers.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dna47; 09-05-14 at 04:31 PM.
    gebco, Shadowyugi, pgg101 and 15 others like this.
    09-04-14 08:10 PM
    Heck no!

Posted via CB10
    dslocumb likes this.
    09-04-14 08:21 PM
    They won't even be competing for the same customers. I think the people who are currently aware of and interested in the Passport are not going to be swayed by the iPhone 6. One will have very little effect on the other.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:23 PM
    They have nothing to do with each other.

Q10, N5, N10.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-04-14 08:29 PM
    I was just reading an article that the iPhone 6 is finally going to be 'bigger' but it said there will be a 4.4 and 5.5 model.

I think a good selling point of the passport was a bigger screen than iPhone PLUS Qwerty, but now that won't be true. What do you guys think?

Will people switch from iphone/android for the passport if it is still a smaller screen? Do you think 9900 and legacy users will switch over?

I really like the phone, and don't want to go to iOS/Android.

I also think that it will be hard to get used to a physical keyboard, this Z10 keyboard makes me look like a ninja.

What are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    it's 4.7" the smaller model... The Passport screen is so different from the usual smartphone that's not even fair comparing both
    09-04-14 08:36 PM
    IMO, the passport isn't a competitor of the iphone 6. In one week, Apple will probably sell more than BBRY in a year.

The Passport is made for the folks that like keyboards or the ones that are tired to used a virtual keyboard or the one that want something different.

I think the passport is going to be a great phone, but comparing it to the iPhone 6 isn't fair. Apple can sell a potato with the apple logo on it and it will still out sell blackberry by millions.

So no, the passport won't be DoA, because it's not intended for the masses.

Posted via CB10
    ^ This

Posted via the almighty Z
    09-04-14 08:37 PM
    No, they are intended for different consumer bases.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:43 PM

The Passport is made for the folks that like keyboards or the ones that are tired to used a virtual keyboard or the one that want something different.

So no, the passport won't be DoA, because it's not intended for the masses.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree, I guess I may have phrased it wrong. I was trying to say that even for the people that like qwerty the iPhone will be too appealing, especially for businesses. For example if the medical field needs bigger screens then they get the passport, but with the new iphones 5.5 they may use that bc devs will more likely dev for iOS.

It will also be funny to see people say that the Passport screen is too small, when it is actually massive but now that iPhone is going big screen everything else will be small.

Do you guys think the release of an iwatch will gear companies towards apples newer phones over passport, because they will have more options and connectivity?

I just think this is a really interesting situation and I haven't been on the boards a lot lately so Idk where ppl stand

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:48 PM
    I totally agree, I guess I may have phrased it wrong. I was trying to say that even for the people that like qwerty the iPhone will be too appealing, especially for businesses. For example if the medical field needs bigger screens then they get the passport, but with the new iphones 5.5 they may use that bc devs will more likely dev for iOS.

It will also be funny to see people say that the Passport screen is too small, when it is actually massive but now that iPhone is going big screen everything else will be small.

Do you guys think the release of an iwatch will gear companies towards apples newer phones over passport, because they will have more options and connectivity?

I just think this is a really interesting situation and I haven't been on the boards a lot lately so Idk where ppl stand

Posted via CB10
    I don't think an iWatch would really matter.

Also, who cares if more people buy the iPhone 6? I would actually prefer the average noob to stay with apple rather than get a blackberry. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Allwyn John and gfondeur like this.
    09-04-14 08:55 PM
    It's like comparing Apples with Blackberries
    ..iPhone 6 and Passport are targeting different customers.

Posted via CB10
    laserx and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    09-04-14 09:01 PM
    It's like comparing Apples with Blackberries
    ..iPhone 6 and Passport are targeting different customers.

Posted via CB10
    Are they? How many companies have switched from BlackBerry to apple? They may be targeting different INDIVIDUALS, but companies are a different story

Posted via CB10
    tack likes this.
    09-04-14 09:04 PM
    Are they? How many companies have switched from BlackBerry to apple? They may be targeting different INDIVIDUALS, but companies are a different story

Posted via CB10
    More companies are not really switching to iPhone, but going to Boyd model than anything. It is consumers who is making the switch to iPhone, as majority of average consumers don't even think blackberry makes phone.

When you are reading reports on your phone with one hand, I think advantage you have with passport not having to rotate the phone to landscape to get more real estate will be huge. I know there are many times that I have to rotate back and forth while surfing website to get more information...now with passport, you don't have that problem.

Someone mentioned used in doctor or even professional setting..well, with thi iCloud security breach, I am sure medical fields or any companies that deals with private information need to weigh what is more important.

I know next time I walk into doctors office and if he is using iPhone, I am going to ask the question....do you access hospital network with his iPhone? If yes, I am going to ask how are you making sure my personal patient information is being protected...give something to think about
    09-04-14 09:45 PM

The Passport is made for the folks that like keyboards or the ones that are tired of using a virtual keyboard or the ones that want something different.

So no, the passport won't be DoA, because it's not intended for the customers.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is the iPhone 6 will be an excellent phone. BlackBerry all touch devices have to compete in the mid market. The Passport will be the best physical keyboard phone in the world selling for $649.
    09-04-14 11:21 PM
    People first will by it to be different or on the edge. So some will prefer passport to iphone, specially ex BlackBerry users gone to android.

It will not be an iphone killer.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 11:46 PM
    More companies are not really switching to iPhone, but going to Boyd model than anything. It is consumers who is making the switch to iPhone, as majority of average consumers don't even think blackberry makes phone.

When you are reading reports on your phone with one hand, I think advantage you have with passport not having to rotate the phone to landscape to get more real estate will be huge. I know there are many times that I have to rotate back and forth while surfing website to get more information...now with passport, you don't have that problem.

Someone mentioned used in doctor or even professional setting..well, with thi iCloud security breach, I am sure medical fields or any companies that deals with private information need to weigh what is more important.

I know next time I walk into doctors office and if he is using iPhone, I am going to ask the question....do you access hospital network with his iPhone? If yes, I am going to ask how are you making sure my personal patient information is being protected...give something to think about
    Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yes. Because any information is going to stored on the iCloud. If you're going to insult a company, beware that it's possible that the iPhone security is enhanced by other means. Even by BlackBerry. Since the doctors is under the healthcare sector, it's government owned (UK) so that means it will be protected. You're just as bad as people who goes around worshipping Apple without trying anything else.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    09-05-14 12:05 AM
    Berries are better than apples.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 12:18 AM
    But I wonder how the apple launch will do in light of the "fappening"

Will it effect the success of the launch, or just a hiccup??

Let's see

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-05-14 12:32 AM
    No.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    09-05-14 12:45 AM
    Passport will be for me soon .

From my ? phone.
    09-05-14 01:42 AM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 01:43 AM
    I think a good selling point of the passport was a bigger screen than iPhone PLUS Qwerty, but now that won't be true.
    Oh it's still true. The 1:1 4.5" screen equals a 5" 16:9 screen in terms of real estate, which is still bigger than the 4.7" iPhone model. And the Passport's screen is still significantly wider in portrait than a 5.5" 16:9 iPhone model. So that point still stands.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 01:49 AM
    They might be intended for different markets but BlackBerry need to shift a heck of a lot to get a ROI and return to profit!

Posted by my splendid Z10
    09-05-14 02:26 AM
    The passport is a solution. To a problem that very few people have.
    It's whole design means it would shift very few units.
    Compared to other flagships in terms of sales, it was doa on the design board.
    What I am hoping is that blackberry realise this and are not expecting huge sales.
    The point of the passport is to tempt legacy users onto bb10, but blackberry haven't worked out that it's the software that is holding back the new platform not the hardware.
    Bb10 is simply not good enough for BlackBerry's target audience

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-05-14 02:52 AM
305 123 ...