First of all, I *know* that this must have been asked and answered multiple times, but trust me, I've been searching the forums for over a week now and I can't find a satisfactory answer to this simple question... I know little about computers, and less about BlackBerries. My 8-yo daughter had a cheap-o tablet for several months, and enjoyed playing games on it and watching Dish Anywhere and Netflix. When that tablet's screen got broken, we ordered a Playbook for her. I didn't even realize it was a BlackBerry until it arrived.

I'm perfectly happy to learn all about how to install android apps, and how to "side load," etc., but everything I've tried just ends in failure.

All I want to do is install either Netflix ~or~ Dish Anywhere on this BlackBerry Playbook, which is OS Version 2.1.0.1917 - is that going to be impossible? I have tried to download the app store from Amazon several times, but when I click on the link to install, I get an error. From the Playbook forum, it sounds like the Amazon App Store isn't a good match for this tablet, anyway.

Should I just settle for the Free TV for Blackberry Playbook app that came pre-installed on the Playbook? Is there any user-friendly way to install either Netflix or Dish Anywhere without getting a degree in programming?

Thanks!
    09-03-14 12:33 PM
    Dunno about Dish Anywhere, but NetFlix is a no go.

If you're on a supported country, Amazon Prime for videos works on the browser.
    09-03-14 01:19 PM
    No Amazon App Store for the PlayBook unfortunately

Your only option is to sideload
    The tuts on using DDPB extension with Google Chrome worked best for me
    As for either of those 2 apps working on the PB, I really can't answer

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    09-03-14 04:56 PM