Hi,
    I wanted to announce my new application here, called MediaX. This is a native cascades BlackBerry10 Plex client. I wrote this because of issues I had with the android version, no other reason. I believe it is faster than an android app, and integrates better into the core OS than an android app can, and for those of you who are familiar with my apps and my method of work, you will know I am committed to adding new features and supporting people all the way.

Now allows transcoding of media for better compatibility
    picks up full details from your plex login account
    play your media anywhere.
    miracast ready for playing on your home television (requires miracast hardware)

Why bother with this instead of the droid version you may ask? Well consider these extras over the android version:

- integrates into BlackBerry10 search from home page, so you can find the media you want to play with a simple search and be up and running in moments

- acts as a share target for URL's with video embedded in them - share a web page to MediaX, and any compatible embedded videos will be added to your myplex queue to be watched later

- Integration with 3rd party app Upfront

- Integration with hardware media controls

- Integration with Pebble smartwatch - stop and start your video from your phone.

- BBM Connected app

- Share currently playing details via social media (BBM, twitter, facebook etc)

Now available in BlackBerry World for 2.00 GBP (tier001 app). A cup of coffee in starbucks costs you more...

MediaX - BlackBerry World

Attachment 295482
    09-03-14 11:46 AM
    oh one more thing, if you want to keep up to date with development of this app as it progresses, need support of just want to find out more, consider joing the BBM Channel - link in app, or join on C00276E1A
    09-03-14 11:49 AM
    I'm in.

So far so good. I only played with it for a few mins so far but the sections appear to be random, is this right? Recently added, newest, etc. are random and not actually what was recntly added or newest.

EDIT: also, not sure if its something you'd consider, but the dev that made Media Blast has a really nice UI and library features but last I remember he was having issues with certain videos playing, and didn't have plex integration like this. Not sure if you and him would be open to maybe work together on something?

EDIT 2: it looks like i'm mistaken, it does show properly new and recently added, etc. It's just that it's in reverse alphabetical order and oldest to newest by default. Don't see any way to change it.
    Last edited by xACiD; 09-03-14 at 11:50 PM.
    09-03-14 07:22 PM
    Hi, I think we chatted this morning in the BBM Support Channel for MediaX. Yes your right, it does show new and recently added, sorted order is a feature I haven't implemented yet though - at the moment you get it in the order it is stored in the DB, which I would presume is FIFO at a guess.

cheers
    I'm in.

So far so good. I only played with it for a few mins so far but the sections appear to be random, is this right? Recently added, newest, etc. are random and not actually what was recntly added or newest.

EDIT: also, not sure if its something you'd consider, but the dev that made Media Blast has a really nice UI and library features but last I remember he was having issues with certain videos playing, and didn't have plex integration like this. Not sure if you and him would be open to maybe work together on something?

EDIT 2: it looks like i'm mistaken, it does show properly new and recently added, etc. It's just that it's in reverse alphabetical order and oldest to newest by default. Don't see any way to change it.
    09-04-14 04:09 AM
    now, if you could just make native Break.com app.
    09-04-14 04:26 AM
    The user interface is a bit lacking, but I really wanted a native Plex app so thanks for that. Already joined the BBM Channel, too.
    09-04-14 11:12 AM
    Hu.bv

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 01:50 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 01:50 PM
    The user interface is a bit lacking, but I really wanted a native Plex app so thanks for that. Already joined the BBM Channel, too.
    its just a native cascades interface at the moment, that's the standard controls tbh. let me know any suggestions you have in the channel or here and I'll be happy to consider any that are possible though?

cheers and thanks for the support!
    09-04-14 03:17 PM
    Gonna give this a go.

I could never get the android version to work.

Thanking you up front while the app installs!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-08-14 09:46 PM
    I know it's too much for ask, but I'm sure like me many would support the idea, do you think a PlayBook client would be too much to ask?

I and my kids would love that.
    09-15-14 06:21 AM
    i will be honest, i'd love to write a playbook app, but the amount of time it would take right now is too much for me. I dont' want to give promises i can't keep,so I won't say i will do it, but if i find the time i would consider it. But please don't hold your breath. But for the record, you do know for the playbook the old 2.x versions of the android plex client worked right?
    09-15-14 06:53 AM
    Yeah I know, but it has a lot connection issues, I guess because it never was updated after his release almost 2 years ago.

Oh by the way, I'm having issues with the full screen, I try several movies and it's the same, nothing wants to get on full screen

Ps. I'm using a Z10 with 10.3.0.1052
    Last edited by gfondeur; 09-15-14 at 09:04 AM.
    09-15-14 08:26 AM
    probably yes.

AS for full screen - if the app goes to full screen mode , the black bars surrounding it maybe be a consequence of the media itself. Full screen means the bottom bar dissappears pretty much. Certain media can still appear in a non ideal way. perhaps if you screen shot it and send it to the support mail I can have a better look at what you mean?

cheers
    09-15-14 11:33 AM
    Email sent, sorry I didn't get your post early
    09-16-14 07:10 AM
    anyone want to share their library with me? can we be friends?

thanks developer for this app
    09-28-14 06:34 PM
    hey Dev, anything going on here?
    I don't want to believe you just took our money and run,
    please, proof me wrong...............
    03-17-15 08:57 PM