BlackBerry needs to make Password Keeper for the other mobile OSs. People I talk to love/loved Password Keeper and do not trust 1Password and LastPass as they don't say security like BlackBerry does. My peers have kept their legacy BlackBerry's just to use the Password Keeper.

If 1Password and LastPass can change $12 per year, BlackBerry could change the same and I think people would switch just because of the name. Of course keep it free for BBOS and BB10 users
    09-02-14 05:02 PM
    I would be lost without my Password Keeper. I agree. Sell it!
    09-03-14 05:17 PM
    Not without an accompanying desktop app.
    solitude1984 likes this.
    09-05-14 06:19 AM
    Honest question: What is wrong with 1password (except it not being created by BB10). I have been using it some time now and i had no problems with it. And also as far as I know no major breaches have been reported.
    09-05-14 08:36 AM
    Not without an accompanying desktop app.
    I agree. There would need to be a synced desktop app to make it attractive. In fact, this is why I have never used Password Keeper myself. I want to be able to get at my passwords if my phone is lost or destroyed. It's why I've been using Enpass for a while now.
    09-05-14 08:51 AM
    Honest question: What is wrong with 1password (except it not being created by BB10). I have been using it some time now and i had no problems with it. And also as far as I know no major breaches have been reported.
    Potential for hacks. I know with BBRY there is that too, but as my peers put it, "BlackBerry is secure". They just don't trust 1Password or LastPass as a company to protect their passwords. They would pay the $12 if it came from BBRY.
    09-05-14 04:32 PM
    Potential for hacks. I know with BBRY there is that too, but as my peers put it, "BlackBerry is secure". They just don't trust 1Password or LastPass as a company to protect their passwords. They would pay the $12 if it came from BBRY.
    I am sorry but that is just as uniformed as CB accuses other smartphone users to be. Everything is encrypted with AES-256 key, that is pretty pretty much unbreakable by brute force. Also you have the option of not uploading your passwords anywhere but your local disk/smartphone.

Thanks for confirming that it's just brand loyalty, not actual objective reasons.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-06-14 11:02 AM
    I am sorry but that is just as uniformed as CB accuses other smartphone users to be. Everything is encrypted with AES-256 key, that is pretty pretty much unbreakable by brute force. Also you have the option of not uploading your passwords anywhere but your local disk/smartphone.

Thanks for confirming that it's just brand loyalty, not actual objective reasons.
    Not talking the device side. It's the whole offering including servers for the desktop application. I know BBRY devices are secure, we all know that. I also know that BBRY has one of the best if not the best NOC/SOC's in the world today. However I'm a "never say never" thinker. In the tech world that is what hurts you to think you're the best or what you did is the be all and end all. BBRY's NOC/SOC's could be trumped on day, no one can say with100% certainty they will not be.

I'm looking at this idea as a revenue stream to make sure they are around. It could be $6M for every 500k users in revenue ($12/year/user, what the others charge).
    Chen has already said if the device side does not make money, they would look to remove it. If BBRY goes down the pure software side, I think an offering like this would fit nicely in their stable.
    09-06-14 08:21 PM
    I agree. There would need to be a synced desktop app to make it attractive. In fact, this is why I have never used Password Keeper myself. I want to be able to get at my passwords if my phone is lost or destroyed. It's why I've been using Enpass for a while now.
    Wouldn't you be able to backup and restore the app data via BB Link onto your new phone or via device switch?

I'd be curious, because I've not come into the situation that I had to do this regarding a lost phone and passwords in Password Keeper.

Any first-hand experience?

Thanks for any input.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-07-14 06:15 PM
    Wouldn't you be able to backup and restore the app data via BB Link onto your new phone or via device switch?
    Yes, that would be possible, but it would be of no use in a situation where, say, I'm traveling and my phone is lost and I need a password now, not later when I get a replacement phone and have done device switch.

In short, I don't want to find myself in a situation where the only way I can get to my passwords is to have either my BlackBerry or a replacement one and an installation of Link with a backup file. No, it hasn't happened to me, and maybe it never will, but it doesn't seem all that farfetched to me. A desktop or, better, web app for Password Keeper would be ideal.
    09-08-14 08:13 AM
    Yes, that would be possible, but it would be of no use in a situation where, say, I'm traveling and my phone is lost and I need a password now, not later when I get a replacement phone and have done device switch.

In short, I don't want to find myself in a situation where the only way I can get to my passwords is to have either my BlackBerry or a replacement one and an installation of Link with a backup file. No, it hasn't happened to me, and maybe it never will, but it doesn't seem all that farfetched to me. A desktop or, better, web app for Password Keeper would be ideal.
    Even though it has never happened to me either, I refuse to use a PW keeper that is NOT able to be used on PC, Android, and BlackBerry devices. Enpass all the way. I even paid for it on BlackBerry and Android. The desktop app is actually free of charge and syncs nicely with DropBox.
    09-08-14 09:42 AM
    I would consider a BB password keeper if:

1) There was a desktop version that synced automatically with the mobile version of the app. It would have to have a "create password" function like LastPass does. It would also have to be fully functional on desktop (i.e., automatically filling in user names and passwords when specified).

2) There was a utility where I could transfer my passwords from LastPass to the BB password manager. I have so many complex passwords that there is no way I would switch if I had to manually enter all of my passwords.
    09-14-14 05:36 PM
    Have you guys tried Enpass? I've switched to it from the Password Keeper because it supports encrypted cloud sync with Dropbox and OneDrive. It also has a native BlackBerry 10 app, categories (I especially use favourites so I don't need to scroll in the long list), an in-app browser with password auto-fill and most of all it has a desktop app for both PC and Mac and is available on all the modern mobile platforms.

I get your point, BlackBerry could advertise their Password Keeper if it had advanced security options, but I don't see why non-BB users would switch from apps like Enpass, Keepass or 1Password, some of them even have desktop browser plugins, which is the only feature I miss in Enpass.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 06:50 PM