Okay so on reddit this pops up and of course it's getting more attention then bb10 has ever really done IMHO. I think it's pretty brilliant considering it appeals to the GENERAL PUBLIC And not just business people...... that's good.

Also recently seen a Samsung TV commercial about how you can touch anywhere on the screen to take a pic "the future"... blackberry has failed at advertising just about any of their neat features to the general public and it pains me because I love my Q and Z10........

Need a mention the wall huggers and Samsung took that to... *sigh
    Blackberry advertising-grmh3evh.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 12:05 AM
    Soon, samsung is going to copy the camera and video in one screen like in 10.3 and advertise that too

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 12:17 AM
    I can see the photo you linked, but if it's the same one I saw on reddit earlier, I have questions.

Is this an official BlackBerry ad for this occasion, or was this an ad made earlier and someone just posted for the "I told you so" opportunity? Is that a real legit BlackBerry ad or fan made?

CB10 on the Q10
    09-02-14 12:30 AM
    I'm pretty sure it was made by someone outside of BlackBerry as a joke. It's on page 5 right now. People in the thread are interested in BB10 now that people are explaining the features..

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 02:51 AM
    Hi!

I made the ad late last night, as I was stuck in another campaign I was doing (for something completely unrelated), and thought why the hell not. I love my Blackberry, but am in no way affiliated with them (unfortunately). I also really like the way it has, as you mention, made some people on reddit curious about Blackberry...
    09-02-14 09:56 AM
    They should of made this advertisment or picture with a z30 as well or both z30 and q10
    09-02-14 10:03 AM
    I would believe it's fanmade, I'm not sure about that though. Even so, something as simple as such is a plus for BlackBerry advertising since we all know there is none, especially here in the US.
    09-02-14 10:38 AM
    I know right and it's just one simple phrase, the q10/bb10 and that's it.
    09-02-14 10:38 AM
    Just to reiterate; it's completely fan-made, although flattering that some believe otherwise!
    09-02-14 10:42 AM
    Amazing that there are less than 10 posts in this thread and people still don't read them before posting. It was fan made, someone already took credit for it.

Posted via CB10
    FCSC likes this.
    09-02-14 10:46 PM
    Hi!

I made the ad late last night, as I was stuck in another campaign I was doing (for something completely unrelated), and thought why the hell not. I love my Blackberry, but am in no way affiliated with them (unfortunately). I also really like the way it has, as you mention, made some people on reddit curious about Blackberry...
    I love it and thank you!

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    retaw42 likes this.
    09-02-14 11:02 PM
    We ain't got none!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 11:41 PM
    I must admit though, after it launched and amassed over a million views, several copy-ads, was featured on 9gag (where they of course took credit for it), people posting it on Facebook and Twitter, and several people thought I actually worked for BlackBerry, I came to think, I can't think of any good real BlackBerry ads. I mean of course I understand targeting a certain demographic, enterprises in this case, thus making stuff like what I did a bit too risky, but still.

Anyone know of any good BlackBerry ads? Maybe in lieu of any, I should just keep making them, untill they either hire my agency, or send me a cease and desist!
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    09-03-14 03:02 AM
    I must admit though, after it launched and amassed over a million views, several copy-ads, was featured on 9gag (where they of course took credit for it), people posting it on Facebook and Twitter, and several people thought I actually worked for BlackBerry, I came to think, I can't think of any good real BlackBerry ads. I mean of course I understand targeting a certain demographic, enterprises in this case, thus making stuff like what I did a bit too risky, but still.

Anyone know of any good BlackBerry ads? Maybe in lieu of any, I should just keep making them, untill they either hire my agency, or send me a cease and desist!
    They need to hire you.

Well I liked that Super Bowl ad they had. It had nothing to do with the BlackBerry but still. Haha

Posted via CB10
    retaw42 likes this.
    09-03-14 03:33 AM
    Hi!

Good one. It was retweeted by BlackBerry yesterday.

09-03-14 05:11 AM
    Holy sh*t!! Haha that's awesome!
    09-03-14 05:15 AM
    Was a cloud based service that was hacked? Yes iCloud is Apple/iPhones cloud service, but this isn't an instance of comparing BlackBerry versus Apple. If a BlackBerry user stored photos on a cloud service such as BOX it could just as easily be hacked. Yes, BlackBerry is the absolute most secure device, but once you start uploading there are security risks no matter what device you use.

"Fly Eagles Fly" | White Q10 on VZW from Philly
    09-03-14 09:53 AM
    actually.... no it wouldn't have been "just as easy"

after some login attempts the site would shut you down... just like any site secured better than a preschool.

Was a cloud based service that was hacked? Yes iCloud is Apple/iPhones cloud service, but this isn't an instance of comparing BlackBerry versus Apple. If a BlackBerry user stored photos on a cloud service such as BOX it could just as easily be hacked. Yes, BlackBerry is the absolute most secure device, but once you start uploading there are security risks no matter what device you use.

"Fly Eagles Fly" | White Q10 on VZW from Philly
    09-03-14 10:05 AM
    actually.... no it wouldn't have been "just as easy"

after some login attempts the site would shut you down... just like any site secured better than a preschool.
    Yea, I looked at the password list used for the brute force attack, you'd think at somepoint during the 500 attempts icloud would reset the password and notify the user.

I am curious though. Since the hacker could access all deleted texts and pictures (I don't believe iphones have an actual security wipe where it would write over the data) couldn't they potentially get access to anything siri recorded? Maybe even phone calls? I doubt it's encrypted.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 01:09 PM
    Nice to see someone doing something. The only ads I've seen for awhile is the occasional BlackBerry logo at the edge of my screen mixed in with dating and dieting Web site's.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 01:38 PM
    Yea, I looked at the password list used for the brute force attack, you'd think at somepoint during the 500 attempts icloud would reset the password and notify the user.

I am curious though. Since the hacker could access all deleted texts and pictures (I don't believe iphones have an actual security wipe where it would write over the data) couldn't they potentially get access to anything siri recorded? Maybe even phone calls? I doubt it's encrypted.

Posted via CB10
    You have to remember most users still use password or 1234567 as their password

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-03-14 03:55 PM
    You have to remember most users still use password or 1234567 as their password

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Haha, great point!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 04:18 PM
    They should of made this advertisment or picture with a z30 as well or both z30 and q10
    Here you go....see how many others out there can contribute more!

Blackberry advertising-butt-naked.jpg

Z30 144GB
    09-05-14 05:22 AM