Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 10:44 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrmH3evh.jpeg 
Views:	1671 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	295152

Posted via CB10
    While I agree with you there is something noteworthy that needs to be stated. Phones in and of themselves were not hacked in this instance. Apples iCloud service was hacked and the photos stolen were stored in iCloud. So if you had a Q10 and stored photos in any cloud service like BOX, etc. you could easily have the same thing happen to you since they could have hacked BOX or another cloud service. So any celebrity (like the ones in this instance) or people like us BlackBerry or not could easily have this happen the minute a 3rd party app is used.

"Fly Eagles Fly" | White Q10 on VZW from Philly
    09-01-14 10:54 PM
    Engineering would not approve this message but marketing guys may love it.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1130
    09-01-14 10:55 PM
    They should call it BlackBerry PervBlock(tm)
    lactose, JeepBB, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    09-01-14 11:30 PM
    They don't need to, we're doing it for them.
    09-04-14 04:23 AM
    Love it! The technicalities don't matter it would get attention. That's the purpose of marketing a product.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 05:53 AM
    I agree that BlackBerry needs to capitalize on the latest round of Android and IOS device hacks and market their security as a selling point. Believe me now that this has happened to someone famous, folks are going to start looking at their device security.

It amazes me that it takes someone famous being hacked to wake folks up and make them start being aware about how secure their personal data is?

I preach security to my family, friends and clients all the time and most of them are so busy just trying to stay ahead of the curve, that it's the last thing on their mind, until it directly affects them and by then, it's to late.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1052)
    09-04-14 05:55 AM
    But again, the hacks were not hacks but scams

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-04-14 05:59 AM
    Phones in and of themselves were not hacked in this instance. Apples iCloud service was hacked and the photos stolen were stored in iCloud.
    ....which is a big part of their supposedly superior "ecosystem" and superior "ease of use" (since it's enabled by default AFAIK).

Apple wants to make things easier and claim to offer an superior experience, which is also that stand out feature Apple fans love to shout out. So crippling things like file managers and enabling automatic cloud share networks across devices was their solution. And that solution obviously compromises security.

My BlackBerry may not be as easy to use from a data share across devices standpoint, but it's transparent and leaves me at full control over what gets synced and what not. Because there will always be kind of data I want to have synced and other data I want not to. So yeah, I have a little more work to do this way, but I'm always in control and know what's exactly up with my data. Which is why I use Dropbox only for certain kinds of data and maybe Tresorit for sensible stuff. And absolutely no sync of media please. If I want to look up photo or video from my phone on my laptop or vice versa, I can just as well use a much more secure WLAN setup to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    09-04-14 05:59 AM
    Love it! The technicalities don't matter it would get attention. That's the purpose of marketing a product.

Posted via CB10
    And then blackberry would get sued for slander and rightfully so

09-04-14 06:00 AM
    While I agree with you there is something noteworthy that needs to be stated. Phones in and of themselves were not hacked in this instance. Apples iCloud service was hacked and the photos stolen were stored in iCloud. So if you had a Q10 and stored photos in any cloud service like BOX, etc. you could easily have the same thing happen to you since they could have hacked BOX or another cloud service. So any celebrity (like the ones in this instance) or people like us BlackBerry or not could easily have this happen the minute a 3rd party app is used.
    You raise a good point about the cloud services. But regardless of the method of entry, it was still Apple. It was their services and their reputation in the line. Just like if it were to be box. Box would have a tarnished reputation too.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 06:33 AM
    You raise a good point about the cloud services. But regardless of the method of entry, it was still Apple. It was their services and their reputation in the line. Just like if it were to be box. Box would have a tarnished reputation too.

Posted via CB10
    It had nothing to do with Apple other then being their services. The users were scammed and it could happen on any device. Blackberry do not offer these services. Advertising that your behind your competition is not the smartest thing to do

09-04-14 07:11 AM
    It had nothing to do with Apple other then being their services. The users were scammed and it could happen on any device. Blackberry do not offer these services. Advertising that your behind your competition is not the smartest thing to do

Can you repeatedly keep trying to access Dropbox 100x until you get the password right? They screwed up so don't try and be lenient. Also I'm pretty sure Icloud is by default enabled...majority Ios users don't even know . they have an icloud account

Advertising the fact that you offer a viable alternative to cloud (i.e SD cards) is pretty smart.

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    Playbook007 likes this.
    09-04-14 01:39 PM
    Can you repeatedly keep trying to access Dropbox 100x until you get the password right? They screwed up so don't try and be lenient. Also I'm pretty sure Icloud is by default enabled...majority Ios users don't even know . they have an icloud account

Advertising the fact that you offer a viable alternative to cloud (i.e SD cards) is pretty smart.

Sd cards are not a viable alternative to clouds for most now.
    I'm not saying apple are infallible, but I would say this is the result of lazy users more then actual hacking. That said apple could improve their services.
    I love to see apple fail, but let's call a spade a spade

spikesolie likes this.
    09-05-14 12:15 PM
    BlackBerry has a marketing department?

Tamron Hall made a good point on the Today Show where like it or not, she ends up using the iCloud because her phone's memory is full due to the many photos on her device.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    09-05-14 06:41 PM
    Sd cards are not a viable alternative to clouds for most now.
    I'm not saying apple are infallible, but I would say this is the result of lazy users more then actual hacking. That said apple could improve their services.
    I love to see apple fail, but let's call a spade a spade

Thanks for that. Brute force attack on accounts is the result of a lazy user. I wonder how you'd like to put that on your bank account... unlimited tries

Playbook007 likes this.
    09-09-14 11:51 PM
    Thanks for that. Brute force attack on accounts is the result of a lazy user. I wonder how you'd like to put that on your bank account... unlimited tries

Actually regulated markets like banking require a strong password and about 5tries before locking an account However as a regulated market there is a reason for it

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-10-14 05:07 AM
    It always amazes me when corporations don't seem to have "used" their own products, went through their own awkward sign-up procedures or call their own hotlines to see what it's like...

Being able to try an unlimited number of times before it at least times out for ten minutes or so, would soooo put me off using anybody's services... ... looks like Apple never let some halfway geeky person and a few noobs check this feature for them...

If you run a business, use your own services. Get shocked about yourself, then fix it...

Ring yourself. Send advertising material to yourself. Sign up as a user on your own website....

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-10-14 05:30 AM
    Personally I would like to see them start swinging. Something like do you want to trust your credit card (iPay) info on a company you can't trust your photos with. Then tour the trusted security of BlackBerry. In tandem of course with some commercials showing that BB10 devices are different from BBOS.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    jason18 likes this.
    09-10-14 07:44 AM
    But again, the hacks were not hacks but scams

Which is why Apple security is more basic than most realize/admit.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 08:15 AM
    Actually regulated markets like banking require a strong password and about 5tries before locking an account However as a regulated market there is a reason for it

Posted via CrackBerry App
    So why do you suppose regulated markets don't just allow brute force attacks then? I mean with a strong password it doesn't matter does it?

09-11-14 02:03 AM
    BlackBerry has a marketing department?

Tamron Hall made a good point on the Today Show where like it or not, she ends up using the iCloud because her phone's memory is full due to the many photos on her device.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...

Err, she could back them up to her computer and clear up her phone. I do that so I don't have to use the cloud.

And photos is the one area that I like handling on the PC - you can drag and drop from the iPhone without using iTunes.
    09-11-14 08:31 AM

I am starting to wonder if Apple has similar internal silo problems as MS has had. I see features such as fixed number of attempts in some areas but not in other logical areas. Kind of strange inconsistency. Depends where the decision is made in such huge projects.
    09-11-14 08:36 AM