Hi Everyone! Need alittle help if anyone can chime in. I am a long time blackberry user who went to iphone and now back to blackberry on the Z10. while on the iphone I was jailbroken and tweaked pretty nicely, one app I had was myWi mobile hotspot. I am on a grandfathered unlimited plan so I cannot use carrier hotspots, is there any alternative like myWi?? I tried a few android ones from Snap but none actually broadcast. Thanks in advance.
    08-31-14 02:20 PM
    I'm not sure to understand well... you want to use your phone as a hotspot ? Just open settings, go to the networks section, and turn it on... (except if your os is too old. Then you have to update first.)

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:26 PM
    Do you have Mobile Hotspot under Networks and Connections ? I'm not sure if that one triggers carrier Hotspot, my tmobile service already comes with 5gb of Hotspot.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:31 PM
    I'm not sure if tether ever made their app for BB10 or if anyone else has made one. The OP can't use his carriers hotspot because his plan doesn't allow it.
    08-31-14 02:35 PM
    It turns your phone into a hotspot. I use it from time to time.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:41 PM
    You may wish to look into the following thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=793184 on eliminating carrier restrictions using e-screens. Your comment regarding being grandfathered in on an unlimited plan leads me to believe you're on the verizon network (as am I) and the method works perfectly. Although a couple apps allow tethering the above is the only method I'm aware of to gain the hotspot feature you're trying to acquire.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-31-14 03:02 PM
    You may wish to look into the following thread: Eliminating carrier tethering/hotspot restrictions using e-screens - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com on eliminating carrier restrictions using e-screens. Your comment regarding being grandfathered in on an unlimited plan leads me to believe you're on the verizon network (as am I) and the method works perfectly. Although a couple apps allow tethering the above is the only method I'm aware of to gain the hotspot feature you're trying to acquire.
    That thread has gotten very long. Any particular entry of more use than others? Or the main opening?

Thanks in advance.
    08-31-14 04:03 PM
    The main opening #1 and post #351 are perhaps the most informative. 351 is a nice step by step. Full credit goes to the respective posters, not myself.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-31-14 05:32 PM
    Could also be on AT&T. If this is the case, there is nothing you can do to allow hotspot without it being on your plan. Trust me, I've tried them all.

I dropped my unlimited plan when I realized I never go anywhere near the 10GB's my plan now has even using my Z10 as a hotspot, and my plan has actually dropped by 50$ by switching to one of their new plans with unlimited txt and talk.

OP may just want to review his/her account and see if the unlimited plan is really worth holding onto, if hotspot is something he/she really needs.
    08-31-14 06:09 PM
    I am on Verizon with a 4g data plan. I have used my Z as a hot spot many times and it works flawlessly. It is on my quick drop down menu.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 07:31 PM
    KBZ nailed it, others with the to quick comments, please read the first post, I am on a grandfathered unlimited plan, I cannot use carrier hotspots. Yes I am on verizon, forgot to mention that. I have reviewed my account several times and I continually purchase out of contract phones. I am a heavy data user and would be paying on average about 50 more to upgrade to a new plan. I am attempting the escreens trick now. Hopefully this works. One of the few things I miss from my iphone. Thanks KBZ, Semime, & F2.
    kbz1960 and semime like this.
    09-01-14 07:08 AM
    Beautiful, sideloaded escreens, followed the steps in the first post, and my mobile hotspot is up and running. Slowly getting things tweaked to my liking on this phone. Thanks to all that helped again!
    keithf, FF22, semime and 1 others like this.
    09-01-14 08:21 AM
    Beautiful, sideloaded escreens, followed the steps in the first post, and my mobile hotspot is up and running. Slowly getting things tweaked to my liking on this phone. Thanks to all that helped again!
    I may have to try this. I keep seeing the original thread pop up and am intrigued but then am too lazy. Verizon UNlimited data here, too. In the old days, I did use the Tether app on BBOS phones.
    09-01-14 08:55 AM