I think people need to start using more of BBM channels. Very few knows there's a option of channel and chats with channel group.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 01:47 AM
    BlackBerry marketing needs to take care of that.

Oh, wait. Is this an example of a oxymoron?: BlackBerry and marketing.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    08-31-14 02:09 AM
    BBM Channels are a nuisance, I wish I could delete it from my BBM.
    08-31-14 04:56 AM
    What really new feature does it offer, compared to all other available social networks ?

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-31-14 05:01 AM
    BBM Channels are a nuisance, I wish I could delete it from my BBM.
    Does the tab really annoy you that much?

Check Out TechCraze
    08-31-14 05:08 AM
    Does the tab really annoy you that much?

Check Out TechCraze
    Yes plus I keep getting invites from some games, I'll screenshot next time I get one.
    tinochiko likes this.
    08-31-14 05:13 AM
    What really new feature does it offer, compared to all other available social networks ?

Posted via CB10
    A better way for brands to interact with their customers and vice versa but I see it as a beta atm it needs fine tuning and of course marketing, but now BlackBerry have sorted themselves out financially they should be able to start developing their products better

Check Out TechCraze
    08-31-14 05:28 AM
    A better way for brands to interact with their customers and vice versa but I see it as a beta atm it needs fine tuning and of course marketing, but now BlackBerry have sorted themselves out financially they should be able to start developing their products better

Check Out TechCraze
    I agree. I definitely think it's beta right now but I think it's a decent start. I'd love to see them add features like more characters allowed in a post, I think the commenting/replying system needs to be redone....the guy that used to write for Crackberry had a excellent article on things that needed to be improved.

I don't think I would call it a nuance like Belfast. Sad to hear he keeps getting invites for games....i would think that BlackBerry would definitely give you a way to opt out of that though....ive never gotten one though myself

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    08-31-14 07:53 AM
    Yes plus I keep getting invites from some games, I'll screenshot next time I get one.
    I'm not sure game invites has anything to do with BBM Channels, unless there's something in the settings I'm unaware of.

The only game invites I receive are from the settings when I download a game and set that option. I'd like to see your screen shots because I'm curious. It'd certainly be annoying.

08-31-14 09:59 AM
    I'm not sure game invites has anything to do with BBM Channels, unless there's something in the settings I'm unaware of.

The only game invites I receive are from the settings when I download a game and set that option. I'd like to see your screen shots because I'm curious. It'd certainly be annoying.

It was an invite to the Chanel not an invite to download the game.
    08-31-14 11:44 AM
    Another arrived, looks like a sponsored post. BBM channels are underrated...-imageuploadedbycb-forums1409518928.659398.jpg
    08-31-14 04:02 PM
    Hmm..

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 11:32 PM
    Another arrived, looks like a sponsored post
    I've never seen that before. Which device and OS are you using?

09-01-14 12:42 AM
    Another arrived, looks like a sponsored post. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1409518928.659398.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	404.4 KB 
ID:	294887
    Never seen one of those personally even though I know they are on circulation.. why are you going into the channels tab if you want nothing to do with channels? Like do the sponsored posts come with a notification or any other intrusive medium? Or will you only see them in the channels tab?

Check Out TechCraze
    09-01-14 12:46 AM
    Bbm channels will only do well if bbm does well. BBM will not do well until BlackBerry gets act together and make it simple and fully functional

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 01:05 AM
    Never seen one of those personally even though I know they are on circulation.. why are you going into the channels tab if you want nothing to do with channels? Like do the sponsored posts come with a notification or any other intrusive medium? Or will you only see them in the channels tab?

Check Out TechCraze
    That's not in Channels tab, that's in Feeds
    09-01-14 01:33 AM
    That's not in Channels tab, that's in Feeds
    Yes.. Feeds>Channels

Why not stick to Feeds>Contacts?

Check Out TechCraze
    09-01-14 01:59 AM
    Yes.. Feeds>Channels

Why not stick to Feeds>Contacts?

Check Out TechCraze
    Lol, ignoring it doesn't make it go away, I know they're there and they're annoying. Plus i do get a notification for them, even Facebook or Twitter doesn't push brands like that. I hope that BBM protected will get rid of channels.
    09-01-14 03:01 AM
    Lol, ignoring it doesn't make it go away, I know they're there and they're annoying. Plus i do get a notification for them, even Facebook or Twitter doesn't push brands like that. I hope that BBM protected will get rid of channels.
    Only thing I get I have feeds is from channels I subscribe to and from my contacts...

09-01-14 03:10 AM
    1) Yes but (notifications aside since I asked that two posts ago) if they only appear in areas that you don't go into anyway, then it's less having to ignore it, and more not being affected by it at all

2) Is it possible for the notification to be screenshot?

3) when you're comparing with Twitter and Facebook are you talking about notifications or having them in feeds? Because I'm sure we all know how both twitter and Facebook have sponsored posts clearly visible in feeds, but as I said before if you're talking about notifications then it's a different story, of which I would then research on whether there is a notification setting specific to advertisements on channels

4) I don't see how channels is a security threat and I would say that BlackBerry will even push channels to be utilised more within an enterprise context, replacing internal newsletters and such and keeping employees informed about events etc. But I'm just guessing and as with picture password they may well decide not to include it in that space

Check Out TechCraze
    09-01-14 03:17 AM
    Although I think your best option would be just to embrace channels just as I would have preferred you embrace BlackBerry10 and make it work for you, you don't have to join channels you don't like, you can have private channels and if you let it channels can enhance your BBM experience, who doesn't enjoy yoga pants

Check Out TechCraze
    09-01-14 03:18 AM
    Although I think your best option would be just to embrace channels just as I would have preferred you embrace BlackBerry10 and make it work for you, you don't have to join channels you don't like, you can have private channels and if you let it channels can enhance your BBM experience, who doesn't enjoy yoga pants

Check Out TechCraze
    Can't really "embrace" something that is stuck down your throat lol.
    09-01-14 03:34 AM
    And another one promptly arrived BBM channels are underrated...-imageuploadedbycb-forums1409561795.124014.jpg
    09-01-14 03:56 AM
    I think you can unsubscribe from that channel and you won't get any notifications.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 05:12 AM
    I think you can unsubscribe from that channel and you won't get any notifications.

Posted via CB10
    I block them all but they keep coming
    09-01-14 05:14 AM
48 12