Will a protective case in general and the Otter Commuter case in particular inhibit heat dissipation, especially during charging, to the extent that it would possibly damage the phone?
    08-30-14 02:18 PM
    In most cases no it wouldn't damage the phone because of blocking dissipation.

A harder case like that could damage the outside of your phone if take it off and put it back on over & over.

That did happen notably with the 9900 and an Otterbox case, but IIRC it was the Defender not Commuter.
    AlphaLambda likes this.
    08-30-14 04:56 PM
    In most cases no it wouldn't damage the phone because of blocking dissipation.

A harder case like that could damage the outside of your phone if take it off and put it back on over & over.

That did happen notably with the 9900 and an Otterbox case, but IIRC it was the Defender not Commuter.
    Yeah it was the Defender but it had nothing to do with removing it over and over. It damaged my 9900 all over just by being on it. I was hugely disappointed. Otterbox didn't even care to send a replacement or any kind of reimbursement for the damages that case is known for causing.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 08:50 AM
    Go with the Seideo Convert Combo!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    kvndoom and AlphaLambda like this.
    08-31-14 09:26 AM
    Are you suggesting that the Seideo Convert Combo is less likely to cause heat damage?
    09-01-14 08:21 AM
    Never seen or heard (personally) that occurring from either of these cases.

Seideo Convert Combo is multi layered : simple shell case for regular use / less bulk (Seideo Surface case) and add the silicone / hard skeleton w/port covers when needed. Super tough holster for use when outer layers are on. Buy a surface holster separately if you want to use a holster in that configuration.

AlphaLambda likes this.
    09-01-14 10:02 AM
    Go with the Seideo Convert Combo!

Another vote for the Seidio. It's an awesome case / holster combo. I have dropped my phone many times on many surfaces, and nary a problem. Also never had any heat issues from using it.
    AlphaLambda likes this.
    09-01-14 10:34 AM