So now that we have a phone size that rivals the laughably large Samsung Note phone (Yes, I used to make jokes on the thing including holding up a large hard covered book and putting it to my ear to mimic such users...), do any of the Passport testers know if 10.3 for the Passport brings any upgrades to the Bluetooth features for use with connected devices such as smart watches (Pebble is what I have in mind)? As of now, we only have 2 apps that truly support the Pebble watch from 3rd party developers (pBBI and Talk2Watch). The issue is that the developers hve clearly stated that they cannot add BBM or Whatsapp notifications, Incoming Caller ID, nor the ability to reply to emails from the Watch due to OS and app limitations. With a phone of this size, I would immediately plan on obtaining a smart watch to go with it as to not need to pull out that, we'll, "Passport" sized phone everytime I get a msg or call.

If such features haven't been added or upgraded, don't you think we should be slamming BB's door to get current connectivity? Two of my favorites are the Pebble watches and the "I'm Watch" from Italy. Both donot support BBM of which I use extensively. What would be even better would be native features into BB10 for such devices... or if we're going to go into Dream world, how's about a BlackBerry Watch!?!?

Can we start a Poll on this?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:46 AM
    If John Chen is listening- I could design you a watch that would sell Blackberry phones by the truckload.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    08-30-14 06:26 PM
    If John Chen is listening- I could design you a watch that would sell Blackberry phones by the truckload.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    Then do it. Draw up a concept and show us.
    09-01-14 01:31 PM